"Rape: Can men be raped?"

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2005 10:54 pm
Paul Andrew Bourne, BSc. (Hons) Economics

For centuries, many societies have not placed the same degree of significance and zealousness in a particular social fact: Men can be raped. It seems that many members without different cultures believe that the male gender is physical more endowed than women and so they are likely to protect themselves from danger. However, "Can a male be raped?" Because of the social biases of members within societies, the issue of rape does not come across well to most people. Despite our perspective and social biases, men are continuously having to interface with the stereotype of the difficulties of being raped. While we continue grapple with cultural dilemmas, "how can a man be rape within the context of this being an issue for great discourse?"
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,409 • Replies: 17
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2005 11:33 pm
what? could you please clarify what your question is?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2005 11:39 pm
Remember, Osso, your answer must be in the context of this being an issue for great discourse.

Of course, of the past is a guide to the future, there will be no response at all
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2005 11:42 pm
Actually, you might enjoy stuh's commentary on one of Paul's poem's.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2005 11:43 pm
No, I don't know why I hung an apostrophe after the word poem, but edit strains the system, or so I've heard.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2005 11:44 pm
Okay, thanks a lot for the lead, Rog...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2005 11:45 pm
First I just said, what? Then I decided to ask for clarification.
Answer seems easy to me, with or without cultural discourse about it.

edit to correct spelling
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2005 11:50 pm
Well. Yes, I checked that.

I think our poster is suffering qualms, but I can't get to the
heart of the disquiet.

Plus, I don't share his frames of reference.
0 Replies

MichaelAllen

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 01:17 am
A man being forced to have sex. That's the question. Can a man be forced to have sex? Would a man turn down sex? Yes. Would a man really ever turn down sex?

The situation would have to begin with an unwanted lady. It's hard for the lady to rape him if he wants her.

Then the situation would have to turn into an offer he absolutely refuses. An unwanted lady can still get what she wants if she's persistent enough. The guy could weaken in the moment and allow her the pleasure.

Then the situation would have to turn into him speaking loud enough and clear enough, the words we've all been taught, "No!" Then make it clear what that means. "No. I don't want to have sex."

"No. I don't want to have sex!" Highly unlikely. But, OK. A man can be raped.

And then there's prison...
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 06:46 am
Quote:
Paul Andrew Bourne, BSc. (Hons) Economics

Paul- I am very curious. Why do you start all your posts with your name, and sometimes note your college degree?
0 Replies

Bibliophile the BibleGuru

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 06:51 am
Rape and sex are not the same thing, whether male or female. However, surely the Laws of most First World Nations make it clear that Rape is applicable to both genders!
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 06:55 am
Bubba's B*tch equals rape to men!
0 Replies

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 06:57 am
Crazielady420 wrote:
Bubba's B*tch equals rape to men!

What! What does that mean?
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 07:01 am
you know Bubba's b*tch, (bubba is a prison inmate and he sneaks into mens rooms at night making them his b*tch)
0 Replies

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 07:03 am
Ah, I see...Doh!
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 08:29 am
Men can be raped. By men and by women. Single men. Married men...what? Yes, married men and for sake of argument married women too. There isn't a gender line or an age line or any line.

Any time someone doesn't want sex and is coerced (not even necessarily forced) into having sex, it can be termed rape. Rape is sex without 100% consent. Rape can occur in situations you wouldn't normally associate with rape. Most people hear the term and think some skanky guy slinks out of the bushes and attacks a woman, rips her panties off and forces sex on her. However, talking someone into sex (you know if you don't that person will be resentful and angry), bargaining for sex (quid pro quo), and force are all equally degrading acts. If the person you are having sex with doesn't want it 100%, you could technically be raping them. I know that sounds ridiculous but it's the way it is.

male or female
young or old

rape is rape
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 08:44 am
I agree kristie.
and yes, women can rape men . a mans body is easily physically aroused even when theydont want the sex. It doesnt matter how attractive the woman or unattractive. Mens bodies require physical stimulation to obtain an erection when stressed.. that is easy for a woman to do. NOT SAYING it works 100% of the time , but it is something that is almost out of the control of a man.
Think about it.. when a man visits a Dr and the Dr has to touch his penis.. he usually gets an erection no matter how unwanted right?
well apply that to unwanted sex. Same thing.
But sex doesnt have to be intercourse. A woman can rape a man through the 'backside' as well.
Rape from men on men happens too. Not only in prisons mind you. To question wether a man can be raped is taking away validity from young boys who are raped all the time. Just because they are young doesnt make them anyless of a man.
Rape happens to all humans. It is simply unwanted sex.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 08:47 am
shewolfnm wrote:
I agree kristie.
and yes, women can rape men . a mans body is easily physically aroused even when theydont want the sex. It doesnt matter how attractive the woman or unattractive. Mens bodies require physical stimulation to obtain an erection when stressed.. that is easy for a woman to do. NOT SAYING it works 100% of the time , but it is something that is almost out of the control of a man.
Think about it.. when a man visits a Dr and the Dr has to touch his penis.. he usually gets an erection no matter how unwanted right?
well apply that to unwanted sex. Same thing.
But sex doesnt have to be intercourse. A woman can rape a man through the 'backside' as well.
Rape from men on men happens too. Not only in prisons mind you. To question wether a man can be raped is taking away validity from young boys who are raped all the time. Just because they are young doesnt make them anyless of a man.
Rape happens to all humans. It is simply unwanted sex.
well said shewolf
0 Replies