What is Evangelism?

TheCobbler

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2022 02:34 am
@bulmabriefs144,
Coloring books are not obsolete but they are also not the Louvre museum either.

The US Constitution is 200 years old, not 3000.

3000 years ago people defecated in the street and talked to clouds....
TheCobbler

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2022 02:52 am
@Leadfoot,
I am not saying there is no God, I am saying the God of the Bible is barbaric, crude and ignorant of even the simplest things that an "all knowing" God who "created the heavens and earth" should know. Like that the Milky Way is not made of water?

An "all powerful" God does not need to resort to trickery, barbarism, killing innocent babies, murdering families, sleeping with the devil, child sacrifice and talking snakes to preserve their way.

A God simply needs to be real and authentic... And if there is no real or authentic God well, in the vacuum of such, why not make one up? Why not use that vacant and deadbeat God to make slaves of people and rule over them with lies and trickery in his place? This explains the barbarism...

The sun is real, the earth is real, does the higher power sun hide its light? No, but your God hides in the shadows and plays dead. Your God is an all powerful mute with a book of lies to depict his unholy character and nature.

My standard for a God is simply higher than yours.

You are gullible and easily misled...

"Cunningly devised fables...."
Leadfoot

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2022 09:44 am
@TheCobbler,
Quote:
"Cunningly devised fables...."

The Bible is indeed cunningly devised.

If it had been written like a good instruction manual with straight forward steps, it could not fit the endlessly varied lives that a human can find themselves in.

The book itself tells you that the Spirit will lead you to all truth, and that includes the messages in the written words of the Bible. It alone will allow you to see them from the perspective where it all makes perfect sense, even while your reasoning mind is still fully intact. It really is quite a rush.

TheCobbler

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2022 11:33 am
@Leadfoot,
You are so full of crap but you are used to living in a dung hill.
Leadfoot

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2022 12:22 pm
@TheCobbler,
Shalom..
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2022 02:27 pm
@TheCobbler,
I really don't quite grasp the Germanic animosity you guys show to each other in spite of the nonsense anyone choses to believe.

I am more drawn to curiosity on why people believe the kinds of things they believe then I am drawn to hanger. This is specially true when said person is minimally intellectually qualified.

We all should be honest with ourselves as we all have some kind of womb in which our minds pause rest and refill themselves to keep on marching the next day, we all have silly wishful thinking...the idea that some of us are different is false.

I do the opposite...when I see to much nonsense and wishful thinking around me I always look back to myself wondering where are my blind spots and how much wishful thinking I am doing myself in another kind of "literature"...
bulmabriefs144

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2022 02:46 pm
@TheCobbler,
Yet every liberal I know of wants to abolish the Constitution... apparently, they are so clever they haven't bothered to work out the implications of the US without a Bill of Rights. Geniuses, all of them.

2000 not 3000. At the time of completion. With the oldest parts being way older than this.
You apparently don't understand that at the time, and for a great deal of time afterwards, the Roman Empire was the most sophisticated civilization. In fact, in some ways, it is still the most sophisticated civilization (take away our power for a week, and we are hopeless; yet the Romans had aqueducts, underground heating, and several marvels of architecture. A temple built in the 1st century made of their cement is still standing, whereas our concrete is unlikely to last two centuries). Romans had toilets of a sort btw. Flowing water would wash their **** into a sewer.
https://toiletology.com/resources/history/history-of-toilets-in-ancient-rome/
Even as far back as Judges (Hebrew history), people didn't "defecate in the street."
https://www.biblicalarchaeology.org/daily/archaeology-today/biblical-archaeology-topics/toilet-history-meets-biblical-history/

Meanwhile, people are still crapping in the street. Today, in California.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/californias-biggest-cities-confront-a-defecation-crisis-11565994160
And instead of "talking to clouds," they are saying that the sky is falling (so-called "climate change"). Any difference of weather from one day to the next is seen as evidence of this climate change. I suppose by those standards, we shouldn't listen to liberals either.
They **** in the street in California, and worry about whether clouds will cause global warming/cooling, while they pollute their own waterways with their bullshit.

TheCobbler

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2022 04:52 pm
@bulmabriefs144,
I am not even gonna read this crap.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2022 05:04 pm
@Albuquerque,
I put my blind spots out for public scrutiny to learn and change if needed, some don't change they keep up the foolishness year after year.

I have many blind spots and I welcome criticism and I do not take offence when I am confronted on them. My pride is not worth more than my integrity.

Some people keep filling their minds with bold faced lies, political propaganda and slanderous conspiracies.

When someone lies to my face I say, "you are telling a lie"... and when someone is full of these lies I say they are full of crap right to their face.

Confront a lie, I don't cower and learn to live with their deception.

Always confront a lie.

People need to know you are not fooled by their deception.

They will go on lying but they will think twice before trying to pass off their bullcrap as truth... The emperor has no clothes...

Get some courage and stand up for the truth.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2022 05:14 pm
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:
The Bible is indeed cunningly devised.

Cunningly means sly and devised means containing a devious element.

Is your God sly and devious?

Why not a God who is wise and transparent?

Your God is not even knowledgeable let alone wise.

It seems you would not know the difference.

Sly and deviant fables?
Leadfoot

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2022 05:42 pm
@TheCobbler,
Sometimes encryption is needed, to avoid censorship.

But all are invited to crack the code.
TheCobbler

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2022 07:37 pm
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:
Sometimes encryption is needed, to avoid censorship.

But all are invited to crack the code.

There is no hidden code in the Bible. The numbers and codes are all superficial.

There is imperfection and contradiction running rampant.

You can spend your life trying to crack or discover a code there that simply does not exist.

For the codes are not in the Bible but rather they are in the actuality of life and nature. Codes like, e=mc2...

Here is the Fibonacci code in nature.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ivtddm-jhGQ/UEy7o6aK7OI/AAAAAAAAEhA/LtpONWPGu7g/s1600/Romanesco+cauliflower.jpg

This code is revealed by science.

When you take a flower your magnify that flower and the deeper your look into the flower the more detail you see down into its cell structure, atomic composition and even deeper.

When you look at the point of a pin (human made) to the naked eye it seems perfectly sharp.

Like the Bible it seems perfectly sharp to the naked eye of discernment.

But when you magnify the point of a pin you see its jagged imperfections.

https://www.byannie.com/image/catalog/blog-images/2018-04-18/dull%20needle.png

The Bible seems to be enigmatic but it is merely a jumble of imperfect often unrelated words that can clearly oppose one another in thought, purpose and practice.

It is human made and finite in scope. Many sail their ship across this biblical ocean of speculation only to end up dashed against the rocks of its crude and limited understanding.

Yet things that are made by nature have layer upon layer of perfection descending into what seems quite possibly to be infinity.

https://d1otjdv2bf0507.cloudfront.net/image-handler/ts/20180907085658/ri/950/src/images/Article_Images/ImageForArticle_4983(1).jpg

That is where your code lies if you are really interested in finding a code of grand design and worthy of appreciation, look there.

https://npr.brightspotcdn.com/dims4/default/2063eb5/2147483647/strip/true/crop/2400x1646+0+0/resize/1760x1208!/quality/90/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fnpr-brightspot.s3.amazonaws.com%2Flegacy%2Fsites%2Fwuwm%2Ffiles%2F201912%2FAdobeStock_238869971.jpg
TheCobbler

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2022 11:32 pm
@TheCobbler,
And we mustn't forget about when the Christians broke the doors down and burnt the library at Alexandria, how many mysteries and codes were destroyed on that day?

I would call that a closed minded, narrow-sighted code killer.

And now people delve into a book full of nothing searching for something that is long gone. Wiped from the face of the earth by Christian zealots, rabid religious terrorists and fundamentalist vandals.
Jasper10

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2022 01:08 am
@TheCobbler,
I disagree Cobbler…there is code in the bible and nature and that code is full logic code….0,0..0,1..1,0..1,1….and they both integrate perfectly.

Nature utilises full logic code in its make up and that is clearly highlighted by the 4 off magnetic force interactions.

The fact that most modern day science/philosophy only utilises half logic code is not nature’s fault now is it.Nature can’t help it if modern day science is trying to reinvent the wheel with it’s BS half theories/philosophies…….

TheCobbler

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2022 02:40 am
@Jasper10,
We can agree to disagree.

There are random codes in any piece of literature.

How significant are they?

Well. I will not be devoting my life to unravel them.

There are better, more real and fulfilling mysteries to pursue.

There is a numbering system in the Hebrew Bible, is there any real world significance to it?

No.

The logic you are talking about is in all literature. So your point is rather flimsy.

Reinvent the wheel? The anti-science right seems to want to take us back to the dark ages. No thanks.

Burning libraries like Hitler is not my preference.

Fundamentalist evangelicals fear that progress will reveal how silly their religion really is. There is no code, there is only mindless slavery to an ideology that is devoid of most rational truth.
TheCobbler

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2022 02:52 am
Nature's code
https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ivtddm-jhGQ/UEy7o6aK7OI/AAAAAAAAEhA/LtpONWPGu7g/s1600/Romanesco+cauliflower.jpg

The Bible's code
https://www.byannie.com/image/catalog/blog-images/2018-04-18/dull%20needle.png
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2022 02:57 am
Christian Education
(burning of library at Alexandria)
https://img.thedailybeast.com/image/upload/v1531533951/180714-mcnearney-lost-masterpiece-hero_lxmbyx.jpg

Science Education
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/ce/Elementary_classroom_in_Alaska.jpg/1200px-Elementary_classroom_in_Alaska.jpg
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2022 07:06 am
@TheCobbler,
Quote:
And we mustn't forget about when the Christians broke the doors down and burnt the library at Alexandria, how many mysteries and codes were destroyed on that day?

Julius Caesar was no Christian, it was he who was responsible for that incident.

Your ancient history is as inaccurate as your theology and Understanding of the Bible.

You did get one thing right. The Bible 'code' is not numerical.
Jasper10

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2022 01:12 pm
@TheCobbler,
I know what real science is and it ain’t the BS that modern day science peddles ……..I’m not the one in the dark I can assure you……my lights are on…..modern day science is the one in the dark……….
TheCobbler

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2022 01:57 pm
@Leadfoot,
Google
However, despite this loss, the library lived on. ... The second, more famous, burning of the library came at the hands of Theophilus who was Patriarch of Alexandria from 385 to 412 CE. He turned the Temple of Serapis into a Christian church. It is likely that the collection was destroyed by the Christians who moved in. Dec 20, 2019

You should try Google sometime...

A more stupid God replaces the first one.
0 Replies