BillW

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2021 11:32 pm
@TheCobbler,
pssssst, don't tell them God is black they can't handle the truth 🤔😏👌
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2021 02:56 am
@NealNealNeal,
So all that detail but only one revelation, what was that, to lay off the insanity peppers?
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2021 06:06 am
@TheCobbler,
Cobbler replied:
Quote:
But now, science offers us another, cleaner and greener way forward, healthier air and water and your profit driven party which you defend and swallow their propaganda whole without thought is standing in the way of this vital path forward for survival.

Farmer said:
Quote:
Nobody ha denied that they have and had a use.NOT AS A FOREVER THING , thats moonic. all these fuels are bridge technologies.

Now let’s compare that to what I said first:
Quote:
But really, I do not see an impending disaster. Fossil fuels have gotten us to the technological level where the answers are there in plain sight and being implemented.

Now aside from the absence of personal insults, theological bigotry and chicken little hysteria, what is the difference? Who doesn’t have reading comprehension? Who is spewing hate in this thread?
NealNealNeal

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2021 09:41 am
@farmerman,
My emotions understand your passion. Howver, my brain says that we can not live without fossil fuels for several years.
Why not make a gradual shift to completely using "clean energy".
By the way, Calvinism means that believers in Christ are saved by the actions of a sovereign God. It has nothing to do with fossil fuels.
NealNealNeal

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2021 09:54 am
@TheCobbler,
Starting with chapter 4 the Age of Grace has ended. God no longer tolerates the garbage attitude of people toward Him. All of creation now gives Him the honor that He deserves.
Leadfoot

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2021 10:09 am
@NealNealNeal,
Quote:
By the way, Calvinism means that believers in Christ are saved by the actions of a sovereign God. It has nothing to do with fossil fuels.

Amen.

To me, the existence of fossil fuels looks very much planed, Or incredibly lucky for anti theists. And just enough of them to get us to figuring out more sophisticated answers.

If mycelium had gained the ability to metabolize cellulose a bit sooner (in geologic time), there would be no fossil fuels at all today, or ever. Think about the hellish world we would be living in with eight Billion people scrounging for the only fuel available - wood, or whale oil.

I’d say fossil fuels were more gift than curse.
NealNealNeal

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2021 10:54 am
@Leadfoot,
Perhaps it would please all environmentalists to know that the cleanest of all "fuels" will be used in tphe Kingdom.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2021 12:04 pm
@Leadfoot,
I am not the one praying for Armageddon...

I believe this green energy and the Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez' of our world are the sane voices we need to heed to... Our only hope is not some dude who will come down from the clouds and wave his magic wand...

(The Zoroastrians, at least they believe in humanity repairing the Earth back to its pristine condition.)
TheCobbler

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2021 12:07 pm
@NealNealNeal,
Neal wrote:
Starting with chapter 4 the Age of Grace has ended. God no longer tolerates the garbage attitude of people toward Him. All of creation now gives Him the honor that He deserves.

And what honor is that?

Oh, the honor for his barbarism, homophobia, blood sacrifice lust and genocide of women and children?

Leadfoot

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2021 01:20 pm
@TheCobbler,
Quote:
I am not the one praying for Armageddon...

Why wouldn’t you? That’s supposed to be the end of all suffering isn’t it?
Not to mention the elimination of energy problems of every kind.

Sounds like win - win to me.
NealNealNeal

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2021 02:26 pm
@TheCobbler,
Keep writing Cobbler.
It motivates me to worship God all the more. His love and grace is absolutely amazing!!!
TheCobbler

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2021 02:30 pm
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:
Why wouldn’t you? That’s supposed to be the end of all suffering isn’t it?
Not to mention the elimination of energy problems of every kind.

Sounds like win - win to me.

You can have your blood red skies, brimstone, disease and pestilence, vengeful God..

Life is what you make it and, in all due respect, it seems you have made yours a living hell.

Without struggle and challenge there is no human spirit to rise above adversity.

We become spiritless drones for a "lord" rather than children of the universe.

I prefer the latter.

Life is about constant struggle and this is how we know that we are alive.

Rocks don't feel suffering... but to be human is the greatest honor the earth can bestow...

To know suffering is to also experientially know love and peace.
TheCobbler

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2021 02:37 pm
@NealNealNeal,
Neal wrote:
Keep writing Cobbler.
It motivates me to worship God all the more. His love and grace is absolutely amazing!!!

While you ignore the Earth who coddled you and created you over millions of years.

Your religion is insulting to your real parents.

A prodigal son who is never reconciled...

Arrogant and insubordinate with no respect...

Truth never comes back void.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2021 04:05 pm
@TheCobbler,
Quote:
Life is what you make it and, in all due respect, it seems you have made yours a living hell.
To the extent that that is true, it is true of all of us. I wish it hadn’t taken me as long as it did to learn that.

Quote:
Without struggle and challenge there is no human spirit to rise above adversity.
And someone has done an incredible job of giving us the perfect scenario in which to do just that.
TheCobbler

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2021 06:02 pm
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:
And someone has done an incredible job of giving us the perfect scenario in which to do just that.

To me it seems evident that it is the sun, earth and moon that have given us this experience that we call life.

Like many who go and have surgery and after the surgery they do not thank the surgeon who personally labored tirelessly for hours and hours to save their lives but they run around telling everyone that God saved them.

That is a slap in the face to give someone else credit for something that was clearly done so selflessly by another.

One time I gave a doctor surgeon a christmas cactus I went out and bought for him. He kept it in his office and watered it every day. Apparently no one else ever did that for him I told him the plant's name was, Sigmund. He operated on my hands seven times so they would function again perfectly. Thanks to him I can still play guitar.

It is this God mentality that is so offensive and hateful.

It is clearly evident that the earth has been our home but you desire a home so lifeless and sterile of challenge and struggle.

Has it ever occured to you to say a prayer of thanks to the Earth who has clearly laid down its life for your satisfaction and enrichment?

Instead you plot of its demise. Can't you even see how truly ungrateful that is?
And you say you love God but you despise the things that have gone before.

You pray for a fiery death to come to the ground that bore you...

And you ask what is wrong?
NealNealNeal

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2021 06:42 pm
@TheCobbler,
You are correct about the doctor. He or she should be thanked. And we should be grateful for science and technology that made it possible to live a life of better quality.
There are a lot of people that I am thankful for.
However, without God the doctor fails to exist. In fact, nothing exists without God.
Revelation is merely God taking away some of His tremendous Grace from the world. God deserves all Glory. He receives Glory from all beings except fallen angels and people. In Revelation God corrects this problem. He receives the Glory that He deserves from all of His creation.
One day I will have the character of Jesus. I look forward to that day.
By the way, you are correct in your description about "struggles" in the previous post.
TheCobbler

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2021 09:56 pm
@NealNealNeal,
Neal wrote:
However, without God the doctor fails to exist. In fact, nothing exists without God.

This is your supposition, you do not know this and when it becomes an obsession it is detrimental to society. Unsubstantiated lunacy.

Then, you use scripture to justify garbage like this.

Neal wrote:
God taking away some of His tremendous Grace from the world.

What does that mean? Your acceptance of mass murderer and genocide? You succumb to supreme corruption and evil for your hitleresque deity?

And you don't even consider once that an all powerful God does not need such reverence to appease his ego. Only arrogant jerks need this affirmation of their supreme greatness.

Your idea of God is treacherous and pathetic.

You give God monstrous attributes which negate any goodness or morality.

Neal wrote:
He receives the Glory that He deserves from all of His creation.

God's vanity is fed by the death of babies, the animal kingdom... God's need for destruction is greater than his grace?

Do you ever really think this stuff through? Apparently, you can't reason a linear thought while weighing its moral implications. The extremes justify the means? Is your God's plan and execution thereof so weak that he cannot prevail without losing his image of kindness? If so, then your God is petty and pernicious.

1 Corinthians 13
King James Version
13 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,

5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;

6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;

7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.

10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

Comment:
The God you speak of is not the God of this chapter...

Something happened to you on the way to church... (seriously)
izzythepush

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2021 06:45 am
@Leadfoot,
Probably because once the Earth is fucked Armageddon won't be so much Heaven Opening and beholding white horses and more like Mad Max Fury Road.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2021 06:52 am
@TheCobbler,
Quote:
Has it ever occured to you to say a prayer of thanks to the Earth who has clearly laid down its life for your satisfaction and enrichment?

Instead you plot of its demise. Can't you even see how truly ungrateful that is?
And you say you love God but you despise the things that have gone before.
I do not know where you get those impressions of me.

I have said many times what a miraculous creation this earth is, and I will treasure every experience, all of which have brought me to where I am today. I don’t pray publicly so I don’t blame you for not knowing about all the times I’ve thanked its creator.

But I have not asked for its destruction. According to my reading, even after the creator's son returns, the Earth will still be 'home' for another thousand years while the final chapter plays out. That doesn’t get talked about nearly enough. It is only after that that the final battle occurs. And oddly enough, the earlier 'non believers' don’t even take part in that battle, so no worries for them.

0 Replies

NealNealNeal

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2021 09:24 am
@TheCobbler,
The human author of Revelation knew that God IS love. He states that in his first epistle.
The human author of 1 Corinthians knew that God is love.
Perhaps you should read God's response to Job. Then read Job's response.