What is Evangelism?

bulmabriefs144

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2021 08:21 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
I do not "keep telling myself that."

You do keep telling yourself this. "I am sane. You're the nutcase. Go get help." Amirite?

If you are sane, then you are inherently evil, working against the interests of your own country.

So which is it? Are you insane? Or a traitor?

Which should I call you?

Quote:
Where is that quote from...

Your quote wasn't worth quoting. So I just decided to misquote it.

Quote:
If you want to fanaticize that Joe Biden has no free will and/or deficient mental capacity...fine with me.

You know very little...PERIOD.

Is the word you mean "fantasize"? Fanaticize is to behave as though a fanatic. A fanatic in intense, but they are not delusional, necessarily. A person fantasizing is subject to their delusions. So either you botched the word choice proving you are an idiot among other things I could have said about you, or you are saying that my opinion is extreme (but not wrong). Since I don't care about the latter, for the insult to have any bite to it, it has to be a malapropism.

So I apparently know more about the English language than you.

Quote:
I voted for Joe Biden because he was the sane candidate.

https://c.tenor.com/FKP8C_-Sfg8AAAAd/damon-gant-laugh.gif

Senility is insanity. It has three stages:
(1) Slight lapses in memory
(2)Actual anger and hostility
(3)Mixing up places, past and present, people's names, everything. Utter confusion.

He is literally in the middle of stage two. Angry rant time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrDwy4zJjd0

Quote:
I do not throw away my vote.

Had the left not cheated (it was incredibly obvious), you very much would have wasted a vote in addition to voting for a candidate that is apparently as confused as you are.

As it is, Biden stands at a pedestal made of glass.
https://townhall.com/columnists/wayneallynroot/2021/05/23/why-the-american-people-have-turned-against-biden-n2589850
His approval rating is only about 30% and falling pretty fast. I do not like his chances, even among his own party. That's assuming he can continue to keep things together enough to remember to speak lines from his earpiece or other cheat sheets.

Btw, at least some people think various people are pulling this puppet's strings. It's obvious to many people, that this is the same playbook as Obama, making him a third term president. Though I personally think it's a sort of think tank of a bunch of liberals. I imagine them all in robes or something.
https://www.haunted-yorkshire.co.uk/secret%20societies.jpg
bulmabriefs144

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2021 08:25 pm
@izzythepush,
You will cease and desist cultural appropriation.

Yule is the time of the Wild Hunt. If you are not Norse, you shall not burn any Yule logs.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yule

Just as secularists have put a damper on Thanksgiving and Christmas, yeah, I'm gonna screw with you celebrating Yule.
TheCobbler

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2021 08:29 pm
@bulmabriefs144,
Yule is actually derived from Babylonian religion as is also most of Christianity and Judaism. (As is also the religions of the Greeks, Egyptians and Romans...)

The only dampening you are doing is in demonstrating your ignorance of that fact.

TheCobbler

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2021 08:37 pm
@bulmabriefs144,
After millions have been spent by your right wing crazies, no evidence of cheating has been found. Keep lying to yourself snowflake loser.

And Biden is less scenile than you are.

You are brain dead.

Your religion is made from the same lies as your politics.

Not much about you is genuine.
bulmabriefs144

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2021 08:46 pm
@TheCobbler,
Norse.

Quote:
Scholars have connected the original celebrations of Yule to the Wild Hunt, the god Odin, and the pagan Anglo-Saxon Mōdraniht.

Quote:
Etymology
Yule is the modern version of Old Norse Jól and Jólnir one of the names for Odin. The Old English derivates ġēol or ġēohol and ġēola or ġēoli, indicates the 12-day festival of "Yule" (later: "Christmastide") and the latter indicating the month of "Yule", whereby ǣrra ġēola referred to the period before the Yule festival (December) and æftera ġēola referred to the period after Yule (January). Both words derive from Gothic 𐌾𐌹𐌿𐌻𐌴𐌹𐍃 (jiuleis); Old Norse, Icelandic, Faroese and Norwegian Nynorsk jól, jol, ýlir; Danish, Swedish, and Norwegian Bokmål jul, and are thought to be cognate with Proto-Germanic *jehwlą-.[2][3] The etymological pedigree of the word remains uncertain, though numerous speculative attempts have been made to find Indo-European cognates outside the Germanic group, too. The noun Yuletide is first attested from around 1475.

You don't know **** about Babylon. And you don't know **** about Norse and Germanic myths and legends directly contributing to Yule. The Babylonians did not celebrate Yule. Babylonians celebrated festivals mainly centering around fertility (the main known one being called Akitu).
https://ancient-mesopotamian.weebly.com/rituals-worship-and-festivals.html
Nor are the myths of Babylonian religion suggestive of traditions like Yule. The Norse and Germanic traditions are built around the solstices, the Babylonians simply measure the solstice, and their festivals revolve more around deities like Marduk, Tiamat, Apsu, and Shamash. Nor is the word Yule linguistically similar to any Babylonian words.

You're a pop-trendy pagan or something, but I'm a religion and history major, with expertise in research and library skills. And if I don't know something, I can quickly look it up. Stop lecturing other people on how idiotic they are, when you are wrong.
bulmabriefs144

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2021 09:00 pm
@TheCobbler,
The same "no evidence" that there is of God of course.

I had evidence of cheating from day one. I stayed up until 11pm and saw Trump ahead in my state. In fact most districts were showing red with only like a small percent leading to count in each district. The next day however, the vote had flipped. In other words at like 3am or something, they "found" votes and shifted much of Virginia to blue majority. Abigail Spanberger for example was losing about 46% to 54%. Then the next day she was winning by about that. So yes, I certainly know that cheating took place. But I forgot to take a picture.

These guys didn't though.
https://external-preview.redd.it/WUG-cmIwxvlQcqBysXaRxsegb5pZv2sJCHqki-tRzYU.jpg?auto=webp&s=5beec550f8013a8427d309ec2dd6e27ee99bdce6

Sanders won in Massachusetts. He should be pissed too.

https://www.deepcapture.com/wp-content/uploads/VOTES-mi-v6-1536x1187.png

And this is more or less what I observed. An 11th hour vote injection while I was sleeping soundly.

Question: If vote rigging does not exist, then did Trump win legitimately?

Oh right, it's fine to say "Russian Hacking" and "Not My President". But when called out, you tell us there is no evidence for cheating. Okay then, you have to admit that in 2016, Trump did NOT cheat, and Trump WAS your president.

Quote:
Your religion is made from the same lies as your politics.
Not much about you is genuine.

Thank you for proving my religion was real.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2021 09:02 pm
Mankind has celebrated this time of year from the beginning of time. The crops are in, taxes are paid and one is looking with anxious eye to the winter months at hand. Therefore, there is money in the pocket, larders are full (hopefully), and there is time to spare for frivolous activity.

But, why of the twenty fifth of December - the learned men who watched the stars realized that the sun had been staying in the skies shorter and shorter periods of time each day. They knew that sun was life and darkness death. By the 18th of December they were getting really worried, by the 20th they knew the world was coming to an end.

Then on the 21st they observed the sun stayed up a little longer, then the 22nd and 23rd - yes, even longer. But they were conservative people, what if the 24th was even a shorter day? But it wasn't! The sun stayed aloft even a short time longer.

They got up on the morning of the 25th and celebrated and made merry all day long and well into the night because the sun stayed aloft even a little bit longer still!

- This, I believe, could be the oldest folk tale ever. I made it up, but I could see it being told around campfires since the beginning of time. But, we are too knowledgeable and short of time today for such trivia🤔😉🤗
0 Replies

bulmabriefs144

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2021 07:32 am
@bulmabriefs144,
It appears I may have been wrong about Yule though (certainly wasn't wrong about Biden stealing, as shown by two charts).

Although it's somewhat shaky as alot of sources only mention Norse or Roman influence behind traditions like burning the Yule log, and the calendar of Babylonian year, typically only mentions that the months are modeled after Babylonian deities, there were a few sources that tried to add a few festivals. In addition to Akitu, there was the Feast of Marduk, and the Death of Tammuz. December 21. Whereupon a log is burned, to represent the temporary passing of a deity involved in nature. I couldn't seem to prove or disprove this with reliable sources though. The main sources pinned this with Yule, as celebrated by Norse culture.

Here's where it gets interesting. Tammuz is a dying-and-resurrection deity.
https://www.compellingtruth.org/tammuz.html
This sounds familiar right?
https://www.thoughtco.com/thmb/Hv-RcoVDDSCalon4E0ciNK1EOHg=/1255x837/filters:fill(auto,1)/The-Resurrection-of-Jesus-Christ-56a148563df78cf772692844.jpg
John 1 says,
Quote:
1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2He was with God in the beginning.

Jesus wasn't some man born in 0 BC (though actually, some records date his birth as far back as 6 BC, despite the name of the timeline). He's existed in many forms for many purposes since the dawn of humanity. When we burn the Yule log, we are not celebrating a pagan custom. We are worshiping Jesus.

Still wanna do it?

0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2021 07:41 am
@bulmabriefs144,
bulmabriefs144 wrote:

Quote:
I do not "keep telling myself that."

You do keep telling yourself this. "I am sane. You're the nutcase. Go get help." Amirite?

If you are sane, then you are inherently evil, working against the interests of your own country.

So which is it? Are you insane? Or a traitor?

Which should I call you?

Call me anything you want...except late to dinner.

Quote:
Quote:
Where is that quote from...

Your quote wasn't worth quoting. So I just decided to misquote it.

Misquote, huh?

Quote:
Quote:
If you want to fanaticize that Joe Biden has no free will and/or deficient mental capacity...fine with me.

You know very little...PERIOD.

Is the word you mean "fantasize"? Fanaticize is to behave as though a fanatic. A fanatic in intense, but they are not delusional, necessarily. A person fantasizing is subject to their delusions. So either you botched the word choice proving you are an idiot among other things I could have said about you, or you are saying that my opinion is extreme (but not wrong). Since I don't care about the latter, for the insult to have any bite to it, it has to be a malapropism.

So I apparently know more about the English language than you.

I misspelled fantasize, and my spellcheck apparently showed "fantasize and fanaticize" as corrections...and I must have clicked the wrong one. Did it twice apparently. That was a mistake on my part. I accept that I made that mistake and apologize for it.

I stand by the remark using the word "fantasize."

Quote:
Quote:
I voted for Joe Biden because he was the sane candidate.

https://c.tenor.com/FKP8C_-Sfg8AAAAd/damon-gant-laugh.gif

Senility is insanity. It has three stages:
(1) Slight lapses in memory
(2)Actual anger and hostility
(3)Mixing up places, past and present, people's names, everything. Utter confusion.

He is literally in the middle of stage two. Angry rant time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrDwy4zJjd0

Like I said, I voted for Joe Biden because he was the sane candidate. Your guy is insane.

Quote:
Quote:
I do not throw away my vote.

Had the left not cheated (it was incredibly obvious), you very much would have wasted a vote in addition to voting for a candidate that is apparently as confused as you are.

The "left" did not cheat...and so far, has prevented the Republicans from cheating and stealing the election.

Quote:
As it is, Biden stands at a pedestal made of glass.
https://townhall.com/columnists/wayneallynroot/2021/05/23/why-the-american-people-have-turned-against-biden-n2589850
His approval rating is only about 30% and falling pretty fast. I do not like his chances, even among his own party. That's assuming he can continue to keep things together enough to remember to speak lines from his earpiece or other cheat sheets.

On his worst day in office so far, Joe Biden has been a much better president for the United States than Trump was on his best day.

Quote:
Btw, at least some people think various people are pulling this puppet's strings. It's obvious to many people, that this is the same playbook as Obama, making him a third term president. Though I personally think it's a sort of think tank of a bunch of liberals. I imagine them all in robes or something.
https://www.haunted-yorkshire.co.uk/secret%20societies.jpg

You are nutso, Bulma. Get some help before you move out of your parents cellar. Don't wait until it is too late.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2021 07:41 am
@TheCobbler,
Stop reading bullshit.
0 Replies

bulmabriefs144

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2021 08:59 am
@Frank Apisa,
I call you late to dinner.

That's right, misquote.

Your dispelling chuck needles fixating.

First of all,I don't have a candidate, because I've turned my back of Trump. Jesus is my King now. #Jesus2024 Second of all, Trump passed a mental competence test. Biden would need the answers shown to him, and then someone to correct his still messing up. He's not exactly well.

You missed my point earlier. If the election is fair and free of cheating, then Trump won the last election. If however, Trump used Russian hacking, and Democrats are smarter than Republicans (you clearly think so), then if it is easy for even a Republican to fix the election, then it is surely possible for a Democrat to do so. Biden had a record number of votes. A drooling cranky old man, who pretends to be hip, but knows less about what is going on than my grandparents on their worst days. Nobody voted for this guy, but his handlers are clever enough to cheat.
So which is it? Admit you were in denial from 2016 onward, or admit that Biden didn't actually win? Say it with me. Trump was my president...

And it's so much more sane to spend the majority of your money on an expensive tiny apartment, rather than learn to get along with your elders? To suddenly lose a job and have to search quickly for a crap apartment because you cannot find a new one quickly?

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2021 09:53 am
@bulmabriefs144,
bulmabriefs144 wrote:

I call you late to dinner.

That's right, misquote.

Your dispelling chuck needles fixating.

First of all,I don't have a candidate, because I've turned my back of Trump. Jesus is my King now. #Jesus2024 Second of all, Trump passed a mental competence test. Biden would need the answers shown to him, and then someone to correct his still messing up. He's not exactly well.

You missed my point earlier. If the election is fair and free of cheating, then Trump won the last election. If however, Trump used Russian hacking, and Democrats are smarter than Republicans (you clearly think so), then if it is easy for even a Republican to fix the election, then it is surely possible for a Democrat to do so. Biden had a record number of votes. A drooling cranky old man, who pretends to be hip, but knows less about what is going on than my grandparents on their worst days. Nobody voted for this guy, but his handlers are clever enough to cheat.
So which is it? Admit you were in denial from 2016 onward, or admit that Biden didn't actually win? Say it with me. Trump was my president...

And it's so much more sane to spend the majority of your money on an expensive tiny apartment, rather than learn to get along with your elders? To suddenly lose a job and have to search quickly for a crap apartment because you cannot find a new one quickly?

Bulma, you are in serious need of some mental health counselling. Get it before you move out of your parent's cellar. It may already be too late...but just in case...

By the way...I moved out when I was 17...and have supported myself ever since. Give it a try. You may grow up if you do.
bulmabriefs144

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2021 02:15 pm
@Frank Apisa,
And what was the point of this?

Hooray, I got the medal for being able to support myself? Big deal! I supported myself for roughly a year with little or no money. I worked for people, but I was only paid in stipends (they were cheapskates). I learned to scrimp and save, to carefully budget my earnings. I traveled across the US on the smallest budget. Twice, in fact. It taught me how to budget, but what it really taught me is how much more I like traveling with other people. I've been as far from my home state as Seattle, but I liked heading to Texas with family far better. Even when we had arguments.

You learn to do this stupid exercise, and you confuse the point. The point is to develop skills, and be able to cope and not be codependent. But you appear to have confused the point to "See, Mommy and Daddy! I can do it all by myself." Uhhhh, no you can't.
None of us are ever independent. We rely on an employer to pay us. We rely on a landlord to house us. We rely on restaurants to feed us, and clothing stores to keep us from looking like naked molerats. There is no point duping yourself. It is literally an expensive lesson that will cost you hundreds or thousands a month. Yeah, I've paid rent in apartments. I've also found that I'm traveling across town because my priorities are to hang out with friends, not to die with the most stuff. At some point I realized that I'm paying for a place with all the TV and internet, but wasting all of my money on gas trying to pursue friendships where the other party didn't actually care for me. I parked, wandered the city's historical tourist sites, and headed back home. That city is now a woke dump with frequent protesting. **** that place. They all hate it too, they just don't understand that.

Yeah, I've got a few skills. But one of these is common sense.
Literally You Right Now wrote:
I voted for Biden because he is a sane candidate who will take that money I spent several years earning, and between inflation and taxes to 'provide benefits for all' fritter away all of this money.
I voted for him because I value freedom, but he will make it so I have to choose a car that takes 10+ hours of plugging to fill to full or costs significantly more for a good plug that will do it in 2 hours. I rob myself of the choice of simply filling a few gallons of gas within 15 minutes. And I call it sane while people are trying to tell me that no, in fact, it is the furthest thing from sane. I call those people idiots and suggest they get counseling because they don't share my priority of 'independence' from family at the expense of dependence on huge amounts of money and wasting the limited time I have left.

Meanwhile, I am perfectly okay with living around people I know and love, even when they make me crazy sometimes.
TheCobbler

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2021 03:31 pm
'No slack in the system': Struggling hospitals despair at prospect of Omicron wave
https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow/watch/-no-slack-in-the-system-struggling-hospitals-despair-at-prospect-of-omicron-wave-129243205641
bulmabriefs144

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2021 07:43 pm
@TheCobbler,
What causes inflation?
https://mythfighter.com/2020/08/18/what-causes-inflation-no-its-not-money-printing/

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/graph/fredgraph.png?g=umSN
Inflations (blue line). Deficits (red line).

Deficits do not cause inflation

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/graph/fredgraph.png?g=uobc
Orange = Domestic Nonfinancial Sectors, Debt securities and Loans, Liability Level. Blue = inflation.

Money printing does not cause inflation.

So what causes inflation?

Scarcity causes inflation.
(I would also say an increase in the cost of business causes inflation)

Quote:
Case in point: The infamous Zimbabwe hyperinflation began when the government took land from white farmers and gave it to black non-farmers.

Because the non-farmers didn’t know how to grow food, Zimbabwe suffered from food scarcities, which made the prices of foods rise spectacularly.

Had the Zimbabwe government deficit spent to train and otherwise aid the non-farmers to be better farmers, and/or had the government bought food from other countries, and distributed the food to the populace, the scarcity of food would have been eliminated. There would have been no inflation.

What is my point here? Well, Biden tells us "companies have suddenly become greedy." But no, the problem is a supply chain breakdown. So while you gasp at the Omicron wave, people have gone from about $5.99 a burger before all this to over $11.99 the last I went to a restaurant. The more we push this crap, the more it prevents people from wanting to go back to work ($15 unemployment payout, phobia of disease among true believers in COVID, too much crap to put up with for COVID skeptics who want all this to end, so left/right nobody wants to work). This is entirely his fault. He personally has created scarcity through his boneheaded policies.
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/spencerbrown/2021/11/23/conservatives-set-the-record-straight-on-bidens-inflation-excuses-n2599573
Quote:
Biden’s FIRST MOVE was to end Keystone. He followed that with multiple moves to cut off domestic production. Driving up prices to force people into electric cars was the clear plan.
They should just be open about it.

Meanwhile prices on all goods go up and up.

Btw, electric cars SUCK. This is how long they take to charge to full.
https://www.kbb.com/car-advice/how-long-does-take-charge-electric-car/
Quote:

How long would it take to charge some of the leading electric cars on the road fully?

Use these approximate calculations based on a 240V Level 2 power source and charging capacity, according to the manufacturers’ websites for the following 2021 cars:
Chevrolet Volt EV: 10 hours
Nissan Leaf: Up to 11 hours
Tesla Model S: 12 hours
Karma GS-6: 4 hours
Tesla Model 3: 12 hours
Porsche Taycan: Up to 10.5 hours
Mini SE Hardtop: 4 hours
Audi E-Tron: 10 hours
Polestar 2: 8 hours
BMW i3: 7 hours

You want to sit at a pump for 12 hours? Even if we cooperated and all cars switched to electric, we will STILL have runaway inflation, because nobody would be able to fit into these stations for the amount of time this requires.

Fix the technology before trying to shove it down our throats please.
TheCobbler

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2021 08:04 pm
@bulmabriefs144,
I don't read your crap.

I stopped watching Fox News 15 years ago.

I am not about to listen to you blather on about your lies and hate.

Your mom can't even stand you...
bulmabriefs144

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2021 05:01 am
@TheCobbler,
Yeah, nobody can stand me.

I'll bet nobody can stand you, either.

You wouldn't be in this forum talking to someone like me if everything were Peachy with your life. You'd be out with your boyfriend or girlfriend ordering a smoothie. You'd be making the most of your life.

Instead you're pretending not to look at graphs, because admitting they're right means admitting you made a wrong choice abour two years ago.

I can probably get forgiven by my mother. You will still have voted for Sleepy Old Joe Biden. There's no coming back from that, is there?

Most days I'm depressed as hell about my life. But knowing people like you are in hell with me somehow makes me feel better.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2021 05:11 am
@bulmabriefs144,
Cobbler sounds very happy, he's got his life together, sorry for something like five years, that's quite impressive.

The reason you're so miserable is because you're incredibly selfish.
bulmabriefs144

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2021 06:18 am
@izzythepush,
None of us has their life together.

We spend a great deal of energy pretending we do though. Especially Frank Apisa, who tells me over and over again how happy he is. Then why do I feel a twinge of pity listening to him?

I know this because I've examined a few measures of success from the inside.

My brother is an archetypal consummate businessman. He lives in Texas working for a banking company (don't worry, you have heard of it) known as Capital One. He has a wife, and two kids. But both of them are wild animals with a huge sibling rivalry going on. They don't really set many limits, and ultimately his work is an escape from dealing with family, and she's on the phone alot when we've seen her so yeah her too. The kids are both spoiled and neglected, so there's a sense that nobody's got time for them. They have a life that is rich in things but poor in soul. Thankfully, they are self-aware and seem to be raising their kids religious. Heaven knows their lifestyle led to alot of rushing around to nowhere.

Then there's my sister. By all accounts, she is a happy housewife. Yet she is a very hard-edged tiger mom, and seems borderline abusive to her kids. Think of a mom that doesn't let the kids have more than ten pieces of Halloween candy, and you've got a very good idea of how unspoiled these kids are. She had a mother-in-law keep visiting her during early stages after pregnancy, and it was gonna be failure to thrive, so she's basically super-protective of her kids, being neurotic to the point where she won't even let them worry about death (basically, she won't even let them watch Bambi). This entire COVID thing? They've basically ordered food rather than just going to the store. The kids seem sort of happy? But I suspect college life will be a problem. Like her brother, she seems to have bit off more than she could chew. She probably wanted kids, but now it seems like more than she can handle. Or sure, she puts up a good front, but she seems too stern like she's angry about something.
Her husband is sweet (much sweeter than her), but we barely get to see him because he's a nurse. And now he's got troubles because the nursing office went woke and has reorganized to put the previous nurses in another office halfway across the town from the new building, making it impossible for them to do more than train others to do their job.
To make matters worse, this town went woke and started smashing up Civil War statues cuz racism, and her area went from being the trendy hip area to one that seems on the verge of becoming the bad part of town. It's still suburbs, from the look of the houses, but it's surrounded by increasingly hostile city.

My parents are the closest thing I know to people who have things figured out. They have money between work and inheritance, they have each other, and they have their faith. But even they get into some pretty nasty arguments. My dad seems jealous of my mom always on the phone with her friends, and my mom keeps getting sucked into unprofitable favors for people who don't appreciate her, driving to other towns much of the week.

Me? I'm a trans girl who basically washed up in terms of jobs (realized I wasn't a great fit for any boss), and got discouraged after two years of COVID crap for a self-employed gig. I have no financial prospects that any girl would be into, and sorry boys but I don't want anal or oral, so yeah basically no love life either. I mainly just pursue hobbies, but most days I'm bored and depressed to the point of wanting to sleep my life away. Having observed some very different extremes from my siblings and parests, I can safely tell anyone who claims they have their life in order that no, something is usually missing. And with you lot, the answer's pretty obvious.

There is none of us who has life figured out. None of us is an expert. Which is why we attend a forum with the motto, "Ask the experts." We're all hoping that some expert will help us straighten our lives out, or we wouldn't be here.

I'm just easy to pick on, because I'm honest about this.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2021 07:14 am
@bulmabriefs144,
bulmabriefs144 wrote:

And what was the point of this?

Hooray, I got the medal for being able to support myself? Big deal! I supported myself for roughly a year with little or no money. I worked for people, but I was only paid in stipends (they were cheapskates). I learned to scrimp and save, to carefully budget my earnings. I traveled across the US on the smallest budget. Twice, in fact. It taught me how to budget, but what it really taught me is how much more I like traveling with other people. I've been as far from my home state as Seattle, but I liked heading to Texas with family far better. Even when we had arguments.

You learn to do this stupid exercise, and you confuse the point. The point is to develop skills, and be able to cope and not be codependent. But you appear to have confused the point to "See, Mommy and Daddy! I can do it all by myself." Uhhhh, no you can't.
None of us are ever independent. We rely on an employer to pay us. We rely on a landlord to house us. We rely on restaurants to feed us, and clothing stores to keep us from looking like naked molerats. There is no point duping yourself. It is literally an expensive lesson that will cost you hundreds or thousands a month. Yeah, I've paid rent in apartments. I've also found that I'm traveling across town because my priorities are to hang out with friends, not to die with the most stuff. At some point I realized that I'm paying for a place with all the TV and internet, but wasting all of my money on gas trying to pursue friendships where the other party didn't actually care for me. I parked, wandered the city's historical tourist sites, and headed back home. That city is now a woke dump with frequent protesting. **** that place. They all hate it too, they just don't understand that.

Yeah, I've got a few skills. But one of these is common sense.
Literally You Right Now wrote:
I voted for Biden because he is a sane candidate who will take that money I spent several years earning, and between inflation and taxes to 'provide benefits for all' fritter away all of this money.
I voted for him because I value freedom, but he will make it so I have to choose a car that takes 10+ hours of plugging to fill to full or costs significantly more for a good plug that will do it in 2 hours. I rob myself of the choice of simply filling a few gallons of gas within 15 minutes. And I call it sane while people are trying to tell me that no, in fact, it is the furthest thing from sane. I call those people idiots and suggest they get counseling because they don't share my priority of 'independence' from family at the expense of dependence on huge amounts of money and wasting the limited time I have left.

Meanwhile, I am perfectly okay with living around people I know and love, even when they make me crazy sometimes.

You are nutty as a fruit cake...and you need professional help.

Get it.

In the meantime, "evangelism" is preaching about the blind guess that there is a god...and the further blind guess that Jesus was divine.
0 Replies