What is Evangelism?

NealNealNeal

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2021 09:40 am
@bulmabriefs144,
One thing that surprised me years ago was how many African Americans complained that white liberals insist on "putting blacks in playpens". What they were saying is that liberals insist on forcing them to not reach their full potential. They would state that they were restricted by liberals.
Now, progressives want to restrict everybody except themselves. Look at all the progressives who violated all the corona virus rules they placed on us.
NealNealNeal

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2021 09:51 am
@Frank Apisa,
Thank you Frank
I do have more growing up to do spiritually. God is sovereign and will complete His work in my life.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Perhaps you will hit a. "hole in one" this weekend!
Meanwhile, I will thank God for being so good.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2021 09:52 am
@NealNealNeal,
NealNealNeal wrote:

One thing that surprised me years ago was how many African Americans complained that white liberals insist on "putting blacks in playpens". What they were saying is that liberals insist on forcing them to not reach their full potential. They would state that they were restricted by liberals.
Now, progressives want to restrict everybody except themselves. Look at all the progressives who violated all the corona virus rules they placed on us.

Yeah, yer right. That's probably why the vast majority of blacks vote Republican. They trust you people have everyone's back.

Wink
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2021 09:53 am
@NealNealNeal,
NealNealNeal wrote:

Thank you Frank
I do have more growing up to do spiritually. God is sovereign and will complete His work in my life.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Perhaps you will hit a. "hole in one" this weekend!
Meanwhile, I will thank God for being so good.

Life is good, Neal. In fact, life is great.

This is not a dress rehearsal...so get as much out of it as possible.

You have a wonderful Thanksgiving yourself. I guess just surviving this last year is one of the things we have to be thankful for.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2021 11:48 am
“God bless us, every one.”

- T. Tim
NealNealNeal

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2021 03:00 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

NealNealNeal wrote:

Yeah, yer right. That's probably why the vast majority of blacks vote Republican. They trust you people have everyone's back.

Lol
I was just saying that a good number of blacks are not thrilled with the Dems.

Wink
0 Replies

bulmabriefs144

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2021 04:34 pm
@Frank Apisa,
But you also have the intellectual dishonesty to claim that you know other people don't know things that are part of their experiences.

That's effectively like telling a woman who has been raped by men five times and abused by another four that she can't REALLY know that she can't trust men. Yes, yes, she can really know that she can't trust men. Now, one may turn out to be decent, but as far as she is concerned, the few who don't fit the model are exceptions to the rule, not a disproof. Or beliefs and our experience is our property. Not, "Yes but..." Period.

The definition of insanity? Doing (or saying) the same thing over and over again. Possibly and expecting different results. Though even repeating the same thing over again suggests you are getting senile.
Something about cavemen? Blind guessing. Whether the Earth is round or not? Blind guessing. Existence of God? Blind guessing. At what point ddo you admit you've become a broken record?
https://www.agingcare.com/Articles/respond-when-dementia-causes-elder-to-repeat-150912.htm

If every day for a solid month, I had the same response, wouldn't people get worried I was not of sound mind? Yeah. You're projecting your own sanity slippage onto me. But I don't go around saying the same thing to every argument. I have strong opinions, but I'm not hung up on being "notrmal". There isn't any such thing.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2021 04:48 pm
@Leadfoot,
"Tiny Tom is fifteen stone and built like a brick privy. If he eats any more heartily, he will turn into a pie shop."
Ebenezer Blackadder
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 25 Nov, 2021 05:55 am
@bulmabriefs144,
bulmabriefs144 wrote:

But you also have the intellectual dishonesty to claim that you know other people don't know things that are part of their experiences.

That's effectively like telling a woman who has been raped by men five times and abused by another four that she can't REALLY know that she can't trust men. Yes, yes, she can really know that she can't trust men. Now, one may turn out to be decent, but as far as she is concerned, the few who don't fit the model are exceptions to the rule, not a disproof. Or beliefs and our experience is our property. Not, "Yes but..." Period.

The definition of insanity? Doing (or saying) the same thing over and over again. Possibly and expecting different results. Though even repeating the same thing over again suggests you are getting senile.
Something about cavemen? Blind guessing. Whether the Earth is round or not? Blind guessing. Existence of God? Blind guessing. At what point ddo you admit you've become a broken record?
https://www.agingcare.com/Articles/respond-when-dementia-causes-elder-to-repeat-150912.htm

If every day for a solid month, I had the same response, wouldn't people get worried I was not of sound mind? Yeah. You're projecting your own sanity slippage onto me. But I don't go around saying the same thing to every argument. I have strong opinions, but I'm not hung up on being "notrmal". There isn't any such thing.

If you are asserting that any gods exist...all you are doing is sharing a blind guess. If you want to pretend that means I am saying, "If you assert the Earth is round you are sharing a blind guess"...fine with me. But I have never done that.

Deal with what I actually write...rather than make up stuff and then argue against what you invent.

I hope you have a very Happy Thanksgiving, Bulma. Enjoy the day.

bulmabriefs144

Reply Thu 25 Nov, 2021 08:57 am
@Frank Apisa,
There he said it again. His blind guess.

Blind guess, blind guess, blind guess...

Your blind guess is not nearly as cool as mine.

What? You aren't gonna skip Thanksgiving and hype Black Friday? That's what the retailers have decided to do. I'm not giving them a penny.
NealNealNeal

Reply Thu 25 Nov, 2021 09:04 am
@bulmabriefs144,
Happy Thanksgiving, Bulma
Happy Thanksgiving to all.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 25 Nov, 2021 09:22 am
@bulmabriefs144,
bulmabriefs144 wrote:

There he said it again. His blind guess.

Blind guess, blind guess, blind guess...

Your blind guess is not nearly as cool as mine.

What? You aren't gonna skip Thanksgiving and hype Black Friday? That's what the retailers have decided to do. I'm not giving them a penny.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, Bulma. I know I will. My favorite holiday.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 25 Nov, 2021 09:23 am
@NealNealNeal,
NealNealNeal wrote:

Happy Thanksgiving, Bulma
Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Happy Thanksgiving, Neal.
bulmabriefs144

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2021 08:09 am
@Frank Apisa,
Happy Thanksgiving to all, and to all a good night!
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Sat 27 Nov, 2021 12:59 pm
@bulmabriefs144,
blind = without sight

guess = without evidence
bulmabriefs144

Reply Sat 27 Nov, 2021 03:36 pm
@TheCobbler,
And your point?

Quote:
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Quote:
Then Abraham said to him, "If they do not listen to Moses and the prophets, they will not be persuaded even if someone rises from the dead."

My faith itself is the evidence I need. But no evidence will persuade you.

If I relied on your approval, you would always move the goalposts. I've got a legit meeting with God, he perforned miracles in front of, and generated a paper made out of a strange golden glowing sheet, signed his name and abruptly disappeared, and I got the who thing on film? "There is no real evidence for God."

Since there is no way to ever satisfy your so-called proofs, I'm gonna ignore that. I know what I believe in.

TheCobbler

Reply Sun 28 Nov, 2021 12:28 am
@bulmabriefs144,
Proverbs 18:2
2 A fool puts no effort in understanding,
but only in expressing his opinion.

Proverbs 14:15
The simple believes everything, but the prudent gives thought to his steps.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Sun 28 Nov, 2021 01:00 pm
With Melania Trump out of the White House we can safely say that the War on Christmas is officially over. Or at least the apocalyptic nuclear fall out has dissipated.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FE9a82LXEAYdNSh?format=jpg&name=medium
bulmabriefs144

Reply Sun 28 Nov, 2021 10:37 pm
@Frank Apisa,
So I'm watching a movie called God Calling... about this woman who gets a cellphone call (probably text) from God, and I get 8 minuted into it, and they're talking among the grandpa and his daughrer (both are nonbelievers).

Quote:
Daughter: I remember, you used to be quite the believer yourself. What happened?
Grandpa: I grew up

I started laughing after I thought of you.
0 Replies

bulmabriefs144

Reply Sun 28 Nov, 2021 10:42 pm
@TheCobbler,
What gives you that idea? The Bidens are godless babykilling heathens.

Also, there is a legit War on Thanksgiving now. Trying to convince ppl not to buy turkeys because shortages, and they actually skipped thanksgiving for most ads, hyping Black Friday about three weeks ahead of time. Ohh yeah, and football sucks now because sport gambling means throwing games is more important than ticket payment (which depends on doing well). Even my dad decided to pass on the game this year.