What is Evangelism?

NealNealNeal

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2021 12:10 pm
@bulmabriefs144,
Tell me Bulma.
Do you think that the people in Virginia finally realized the truth about these power hungry elite "progressive" leaders of the Democrat Party?
oralloy

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2021 03:24 pm
@TheCobbler,
TheCobbler wrote:
They send out their kids with semi automatic rifles to peaceful protests.

Progressives are anything but peaceful, and it is appropriate for people to be properly armed so that they can defend themselves from progressive violence.

That poor kid would have been murdered by those progressives had he not defended himself.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2021 03:25 pm
@TheCobbler,
TheCobbler wrote:
republicans fought justice for Travon Martin too!

Another lie on your part. Justice was served when Mr. Zimmerman saved his neighborhood from that thug.

TheCobbler wrote:
Tell me, who again is stacking the courts?

No one is stacking the courts.

Progressives would like to do so, but the American people will not allow them to get away with it.
NealNealNeal

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2021 04:04 pm
@oralloy,
In New Jersey a truck driver named Durr defeated a Dem kingpin for the state senate seat. He spent about $5000 to do so. Other Dem candidates are "in trouble".
The power hungry Dem " progressives" are in trouble. Thank God that most people are more rational than these "progressives".
Of course the Dems will complain that Durr spent too much money on the campaign.
oralloy

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2021 06:00 pm
@NealNealNeal,
The last time the Democrats gained the White House by lynching an innocent president was when they got Carter elected by lynching Nixon.

Carter was a weak and ineffective one-term president and the Republicans held the White House for three terms after him.

History seems to be repeating itself.
0 Replies

bulmabriefs144

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2021 12:38 am
@NealNealNeal,
I dunno.

They've had to deal with alot of **** the last year and a half.

Governor Northam went from being a blackfaced (like literally, there was that college incident) weasel to an outright tyrant pretty quick. It's clear to anyone with half a brain (liberals too, but they're acting like this isn't the case) that many of these mandates are actually to try to exclude people from elections, and to push for mail-in voting, which allows them to generate as many votes as they need. But I think Virginia won the house for a change. Which is like a Christmas miracle, because it's literally been years that Virginia didn't turn blue. Anyone who lives in the state understands that unlike California, it's not actually a blue state. It looks very red on the map.
https://nextcity.org/images/daily/_resized/Virgnia_Electoral_map.png
But it has some very corrupt districts where population has been allowed to screw with most of the races.

You can't foist tyranny down people's throats and expect them to like it, though. Someone below pointed out the Carter administration. I'd actually like to call attention to the three-term Roosevelt presidency. It's pretty clear from the attempts to reinstate Obamacare, and the fact the Biden is well into senility and Kamala is a Marie Antoinette that someone else is making all the executive decisions. The last time this happened, said president had to be shot. But I'm not that concerned. I know that the Mandate of Heaven is a thing. The philosophy was developed during the Warring States, when all of the rulers were like this. One of those old wise guys (probably Mencius, as he was most cynical of big government, followed by Lao Tzu), figured out that the harder you push against Heaven (read: God and his plans), the more unstable things get. This is borne out by actual studies on dictatorships.

The article I'm trying to find seems not to exist anymore, but basically it boils down to the same phenomenon as record companies. They have backers (rich oligarchs who pay them money in order to push for government that makes them money, similar to how record companies sometimes take payola to advertise popular music), and they have to keep trying to make a profit. If they don't, the oligarchs tend to rally people against them, have them assassinated, or they commit suicide seven times in the head. The more corrupt the system, the less they come out ahead, and the less risky their behavior (again true in music, which is why there are such crap hits). Short term ideas, like trying to get 75% taxes or massively inflate the economy, are valued over long term ones. But the problem with short term solutions is they tend not to last too great. Supposing I made $1000 a year and got taxed all but $250, I'd stop working that job. I'd put money away somewhere, and try to hoard it. If there wasn't a good way to do this, I'd stop working entirely, and stop spending. TO say nothing of systems like communism. Or maybe the government just runs out of other people's money (money is cyclical after all, you can't just take without giving some back). So eventually, a dictatorship crashes because first all the leaders can't make it work, but it really crashes when the oligarchs themselves realize they can make a better go of it under a monarchy or republic/democracy.

As for me, I didn't vote. Yeah, yeah, I know. "If you don't vote, you have no right to complain." But since the last time or so I've tried to vote, it backfired horribly, I came to the conclusion that it's probably unethical to vote. Voting uses the stupid and the reckless to elect the corrupt and ambitious (and I don't consider ambition a good thing). I believe that ultimately God's kingdom isn't of this Earth, and I'm just a visitor. I do want those who live on the Earth not to have a completely unpleasant experience, but I cannot guarantee there won't be troubles. It's a bit like a seesaw. If I sit too much on one side, the other pushes back. But Virginia is actually most effective when people are moderate. We have foodstamps for the poor, but also a working economy where people can buy stuff. And we need to stop the expanded Medicare crap. Not everyone wants insurance (I surely don't). Some people have done the math and figured out that saving up money themselves is usually a better investment.
TheCobbler

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2021 09:06 am
@NealNealNeal,
Are the republicans trying to steal another election they did not win?
NealNealNeal

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2021 04:50 pm
@bulmabriefs144,
I always vote. Even though I live in California, I still vote.
bulmabriefs144

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2021 09:03 am
@NealNealNeal,
That's gotta be depressing as hell.

Especially if you are concerned about the outcome.

Another reason I decided not to vote was that I couldn't distance myself from the outcome.
TheCobbler

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2021 03:25 am
@bulmabriefs144,
Republicans so misled by Russian propaganda have a duty not to vote...
0 Replies

bulmabriefs144

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2021 06:34 am
@TheCobbler,
I wonder if you know how funny this sounds.

I stayed up until 12 in 2020 looking at the numbers on Virginia GOV. Then the next morning they flipped. Did it again for an early Senate race. And guess what? When we have a deadlock on Senate and cannot pass a law because of one Democratic senator, they now have 19 to 21 Democrat. Democrats always fish for the votes they need.

They would have "found" votes for governor in VA, but they conceded after they were beat hard.

Do us all a favor and stop watching CNN. The Russia thing is a hoax. Trump has a Russian wife. So what? Meanwhile, Russia has largely turned from communism, so why they are really afraid about this is that even if true, this led our country in a sensible direction. Meanwhile the people who typically cheat in elections are old Marxists. Hillary did some uranium trading if Russia. You want to keep talking about Russia? If a country fixes an election, what happens is the country targeted usually begins not to look like itself. That is, when a country tries to go back to 1980s sensibilities, not a rigged election, just a sentimental one and a bunch of diehard voters. They stuck to that narrative to try to push for his impeachment from day one. Keep telling people that the right president should be Hillary. Yeah, you're played by the establishment. The right president should be nobody. But failing this, we had a president who allowed us to dodge what was a $600 medical tax. I didn't have the money to pay $600. Neither could I pay my insurance (forced to buy Obamacare or pay $400 for private). Btw, I still refused. We had a president, who despite being on trial most of the time bought us 4 years of normalcy. Then we had Uncle Joe, who looked sleepy all the time, but managed to radicalize America by signing bills that clearly favored our enemies. This is an election guided by foreign cheating, and shows. America is more like China-Iran. Do these mandates seem normal to you? Do you remember we had something once, called the Bill of Rights?

Or do you think that applies only to you?
TheCobbler

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2021 08:50 am
@bulmabriefs144,
Careful not to walk under any ladders or break any mirrors.

That is how funny your non factual assessment of our paper ballot elections sounds.

And Trump never lies... (cynical)

It is apparent that you will believe anything that your cult tells you to believe.
0 Replies

NealNealNeal

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2021 11:42 am
@bulmabriefs144,
bulmabriefs144 wrote:

That's gotta be depressing as hell.

Especially if you are concerned about the outcome.

Another reason I decided not to vote was that I couldn't distance myself from the outcome.

Yes, it is depressing. Our whole economy depends on technology companies. Since people are amazingly enticed by entertainment, Hollywood makes an enormous contribution to California's solvency. And the federal government will come yo the aid of California when it begs for funds.
Texas is having a field day attracting California's best to go there. However, the good weather is California's best asset. Of course, people who want nice weather can ho to Florida.

NealNealNeal

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2021 11:55 am
@NealNealNeal,
Bulma,
Keep on voting. We need people like you to vote. Look at the misery caused by otherwise good people in Georgia who were persuaded by Dems not to vote.
We can't always depend on Dems to leak their true motives to the public like the governor of Virginia did.
bulmabriefs144

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2021 10:24 pm
@NealNealNeal,
Lemme put it this way.

God's plan is for us to not have "kings over us like the other nations" as discussed in the Old Testament. This means learning to govern yourself wisely.

Now, you may decide what this means yourself. That is exactly what I'm getting at. It's like the guy who starts a religion wanting everyone to come to their own faith, and they instead bandwagon on his faith.
How government wins is that we all follow the leader. But it loses when Democrats and Republicans defy expectations and vote based on different reasons. Both lockstep and divide & conquer are unhealthy models of government. A lockstep government bulldozes everything, an us vs them mindset is in disobedience with God.

I don't vote, because I increasingly distrust government to provide ANY candidates in line with what I want. That is, I want to vote for no one, but all votes are for someone, so forme it's a waste of time. You have to figure out whether you like your current government, and decide what to do about that. I hate being an alone outsider, but what I hate even more is finding out everyone followed my bad decisions. That there makes me freaking miserable.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2021 04:34 pm
@NealNealNeal,
Republicans were persuaded by republicans not to vote, because republicans have their heads up their ass.

And so do you.

True motives like, not letting stupid republican parents kill their kids?

Parents sue Wisconsin schools after their children catch covid: ‘Recklessly exposing the public’
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/10/12/parents-sue-wisconsin-schools-covid-masks/

Comment:
Some parents are not fake prolife supporters and actually care about their kids lives.

You won in Virginia because a lot of democrats did not vote.

And you think republicans care about kids? You're an idiot.
NealNealNeal

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2021 05:56 pm
@TheCobbler,
You pretend to care about people but hate people with low intelligence. You gladly put down "idiots".
izzythepush

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2021 06:12 pm
@NealNealNeal,
So you approve of those people exposing their children to possible death.
bulmabriefs144

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2021 09:45 pm
@izzythepush,
Another fool tricked by COVID protectionism rhetoric.

Do me a favor, and watch the movie Everything Everything. It's based on The Boy in the Plastic Bubble, only there is a twist. Unlike the original boy who legit had an immune disorder, this gal is being told she's sick by her mother after her husband and son died, and she didn't want her daughter to leave her side. Sound familiar? It should. This is what happens to the country now. Only it's happening at the hands of authoritarian health police, for even more messed up reasons. Interestingly, it admitted that long periods of time not being exposed to disease actually compromised her immune system.

By the way. In a given day, all of us risk "possible death." If I get into a car, I risk death from oncoming cars, buses, motorcycles, or hell I could fall asleep and hit a tree. Or I could could skid on the ice and fall off the road or drive into the water. If I fly a plane, it could crash. Or I might get some disease spread through the air vents on the plane. If I walk outside, I could be bitten by ticks, snakes, spiders, scorpions, or even get mauled by animals such as a bear.
I could eat too much chocolate and die of theobromine poisoning. I could get too much sugar, and get diabetes. Or too much salt or too much fat. Btw, unlike the driving thing, I can get many of these without ever leaving home. Ditto for pneumonia. So much for being "safer at home."
Hell, I could die without even being born. Or my parents could be sick fucks and abort me.
Oh yeah, and another thing. Millions of people die at the hospital, the very place that as supposed to cure us and keep us safe.

All of us die.
https://hyperallergic-newspack.s3.amazonaws.com/uploads/2014/04/EverybodyDies5.jpg
Any questions about this?
bulmabriefs144

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2021 09:55 pm
@TheCobbler,
Correction. We won in Virginia because McAuliffe hit a sore point with parents in general.

You see, there are certain things that even liberals object to. Effectively telling them you will brainwash their kids is a bipartisan objection. So is calling all the people living in small towns deplorable (some liberals happen to live in small towns) or messing with emails.
0 Replies