What is Evangelism?

izzythepush

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2021 05:08 am
@Leadfoot,
I'm not French, and Jerry Lewis was American.

0 Replies

bulmabriefs144

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2021 07:19 am
@TheCobbler,
Finally he gets off his ass and starts talking.

Quote:
The problem with your assumption is that the evolutionary mechanism is already in place, where God is not needed at all. Evolution does accomplish its processes and progress regardless of whether if you believe in God.

Bullshit. "The evolutionary mechanism" you speak of known as Darwinian Natural Selection is complete nonsense. First of all, can you know for a fact that it wasn't intended for you to look exactly as you do? The problem with so called natural selection is that it's not a selection, according to Darwin and you. I pull out the 1d100 and start rolling. This is by definition not a selection. It's explaining away everything as a fluke.

Second, there is a clear and rather sinister reason why to believe your existence is a fluke. These "people" are the same group that likes government control and population reduction. They think of humans as a plague. In other words, you're supposed to regard your existence as one big accident so that you don't question what comes next. What comes next? Well, since Darwin, we've seen a number of 20th and 21st century control schemes. The Nazis took over, the communists, the Catholic pope became a political figure. So did the Dalai Lama. All of our leaders have feet of clay. Ironically, these so-called fittest are fit for nothing, because natural is conflated with random or self-caused.

Third, you're pulling the Stephen Hawking "it is not necessary" trick to leave God out of the equation. Supposing I had some standard model of the cosmos
https://i.insider.com/595154fca3630f5b508b51ff?width=1190
(an online excerpt). Okay? Some big formula for for things are according to scientific principles? Alright now, (everything in that formula) x 0. Oh look, the equation fails. Nothing at all exists! What did I just do? I removed the cause from the equation. Even if God does nothing but support the universe, and all decisions are left to us (deism), the base number must be x 1. This is because, like a computer generally not turning on by itself (in order for it to do otherwise, it must be configured to wake itself up by a series of settings), existential processes are not self-starting. No fully-built watch has ever appeared in a forest. No egg has ever been been laid without parents, nor hatched without a mom at least. Likewise, the rules of creation are consistent. If nothing I build can exist without me at least living and dying, if nothing can be born without parents, if no machine turns on without a cause either programmed in or external to itself (e.g. I push the power button), then why do we think we can suddenly make exceptions to suit our philosophy. Scientific laws are consistent. And that consistency leads to a conclusion. Someone or something intentionally created the universe Now, we can debate the presence of such a being nowadays, what sorta thing it was, even whether this is a good being/force/whatever. But even if you decide the universe is totally random, if dice are rolled somebody had to pick them up! Even creation by formula MUST be set into motion.

Now if we're done with Darwin and his having to answer for despotism in all forms of government, and we're done with Hawking and his idea of a universe where "it is not necessary" we have a God that is in the picture, like or not, worship or not. God may be very chill, and content for you to do your own thing most days. But after Darwinian evolution which was a bust because it undermined the basic principles of how humans work together to survive in this world. Any society based on the "dog eat dog" mentality caves in, because most dogs want to feed themselves, and thus set aside their ambitions to make ends meet. The masses survive precisely because we don't try to kill our wounded or compete for food. We work together to build community.

Never you worry, there are about ten or twenty different evolutionary theories. It is not necessary for us to have Darwin.

0 Replies

bulmabriefs144

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2021 07:21 am
( Looks around)

How the actual **** did one page become 37 in one day? That's a hell of a lot of chirping back and forth.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2021 08:11 pm
@Leadfoot,
I don't blame God Leadfoot, I blame circumstance, chance, bad decisions, good decisions, ignorance, religious dogma, ulterior motives and the such.

I am unsure if I believe in God or not. But I do ask that God (whoever she may be) forgive me when I believe I have acted inappropriately and then, I change into an even better person.

I consider the "standards" proposed in the Bible to be debased and devised by unenlightened and narrow minded, often hateful, authors.

This in turn voids many if not most of the other prophetic imperatives and other farcical propositions of the Bible.

When a book is so wrong in major aspects it does not attain fundamental or faith worthy attributes in my assessment of "truth".

I was once hoodwinked by this book and I thought it to be divinely inspired and as I realized it was merely just another book filled with half-truths, flowery deceptive language and in many cases, lies... This awakening was when I found freedom from religious tyranny.

It took a conscious decision to lower the "holy" Bible's authority in my life...

I am no longer bound by its guilt trips and its shame bashing.

I am truly free indeed. Leaving its grip on my psyche was directly correlated with my wellness and wholeness.

I am in a much better place, perhaps I had to suffer and overcome the biblical slavery to understand the real meaning of liberty.

Perhaps, some need to see evil in order to choose good.

But, blessed are those who are good without the need to see evil...
bulmabriefs144

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2021 04:18 am
@TheCobbler,
You aren't seeing the Bible in context.

Except for some part of wikipedia which radically claims the Bible is first written in the "9th century BCE" (first of all, you know it's biased towards "history" when they refer to the "common era", something that secularIsm and Islam hooked up to supplant Anno Domini), the Flood story itself is dated as old as 3000 BC, and book is widely believed to be at least 3500 BC or so.
There's an online timeline that dates the creation at 2000 BC but these are Young Earthers. I scoff at such people. Actually, I believe that humanity has a hidden history, and we've been mind-wiped to the point of cave men, because something really terrible happened. That there's something accounts like Noah's Ark, Tower of Babel, and the 7 year famine in Egypt are not telling us. Specifically, there was a war, humanity mostly lost, but drove their enemy into secret societies. Very powerful not necessarily technological weapons (we don't see any metal relics, but we do see some sort of spent radioactive ore and fused substances in places indicating some sort of war that used radioactivity in a means other than technology... they were psychics, okay?), causing things like famines and flooding (as a means to purge the world both physical and of its written history) and we also have signs of a very unified very oppressive state under the Tower of Babel (we get more information about this event from reading comparative myths, a humans vs giants myth, "Zeus" using "lightning" to destroy the tower, a confusion of language, and women not even being released from childbirth to build the tower... yeah it's talking about a worldwide enslavement of humanity by beings other than humans to the point where they took no breaks at all, a violent nuclear war, and the confusion of memory to prevent things from getting this bad again).
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tower_of_Babel
Quote:
(Of Nimrod) He also gradually changed the government into tyranny, seeing no other way of turning men from the fear of God, but to bring them into a constant dependence on his power...

All of which is pointed to with the return of such things in Revelation. The Mystery Babylon is a state fear cult, meant to turn government into tyranny to lead people away from their fear of God. We're supposed to be aware enough to avoid repeating our history, this is what religion is designed for, an effort of mind-wiped cave men to nonetheless avoid repeating their past.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw

But here's the point. The Bible is seemingly very bigoted, but who is it bigoted against? Blacks? Not really. Only those fixated on race propose this, and only those also fixated on race accuse this. Minorities? Honestly, most of modern culture is enjoyed by the freedoms afforded by laws written by Christianity. The Constitution edows "by their Creator" life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. In other words, these minorities hating on America for supposedly being so bigoted, have no idea what life was like under the Tower of Babel, of for that matter under most of the societies of Earth competing with Judaism and other major modern religions. These ancient times, Judaism and small other pockets of religion, were struggling again the Horde, vast groups of thugs with no culture at all to speak of. We see some of this degenerative behavior in the so-called "diverse" people mostly of the left. But it's not really about politics so much as staving off the wicked.
Yes, the Bible is bigoted against wickedness. Against people who are more interested in causing harm to others than actually joining in fellowship. I talked to a Jewish friend about one of his holidays (was it Purim?) and he told me about these Amalekites who literally wanted to wipe Judaism out. In fact, this is the recurring story. The people who Judaism was against... were actively attacking them. But when we line the Bible up horizontally with other religious works, we get a larger view of history (watch the video above, even though take some of it with heavy skepticism). And when we stack the timeline vertically, we see a progression of humanity from very violent to very peaceful. Literally having to fight for their lives in Esther to talking about turning the other cheek in the Gospels. Yeah, this is a progression. So what about Revelation. It's a story about how these giants (they're talking about literal demons guised as human, what some people call "lizard people") try to retake power, to convince the world to become enslaved again. It literally is not about bigotry. But you should be bigoted as hell against those who want evil to conquer the world.
bulmabriefs144

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2021 05:25 am
@TheCobbler,
The short version?

When you turn away from God, you don't become free.

You become subject to the world, and its dictators. Do some research about Trump and Biden. Both of them pushed these vaccines, meaning if you voted for Biden because he wasn't Trump, he is actually following some of his policies. All of these mandates were a betrayal of civil sovereignty (we have a Bill of Rights) and of human sovereignty (our body is supposed to be a temple to God).

That is, when you don't serve God, you become a sheeple. Used to be religious? Get in line with the others. All the good little sheeple are losing their freedoms and being muzzled like nice little slaves today. You are focused on the laws of God, and not on the fact that the lawbreakers (the Babylonians, the Egyptians, anf Romans) had plenty of laws of their own. The Egyptians enslaved the Jews, forcing them to build their pyramids and such. The Babylonians enslaved much of the world (this is what the Tower of Babel is about, it was commissioned in Shinar, where Mesopotamia essentially is). And the Romans issued taxes on the world during Jesus's time.
farmerman

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2021 05:53 am
@bulmabriefs144,
you actually believe what you just posted?? most wars and supporting authoritarian systems are BECAUSE of personal beliefs in deities an the rules their bishops and Mullahs CREATE!.

You are really blind to reality.
farmerman

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2021 05:58 am
@bulmabriefs144,
Quote:
xcept for some part of wikipedia which radically claims the Bible is first written in the "9th century BCE" (first of all, you know it's biased towards "history" when they refer to the "common era", something that secularIsm and Islam hooked up to supplant Anno Domini), the Flood story itself is dated as old as 3000 BC, and book is widely believed to be at least 3500 BC or so.
CE s decided for scholarly ork because there are sooo many worlsviews with their own sns of historic time that scholars would have to keep explaining why AD is only unerpinning Christianity (an not even all of that)
bulmabriefs144

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2021 06:01 am
@farmerman,
WRONG.

The oppression begins when there is a state religion. That is, it isn't religion itself that causes such things, much of religion from Shinto to Zoroastrianism to Buddhism and Christianity is distinct from the state.

But look at what happened when we had State Shintoism. A crazed god-emperor basically worked with Hitler and Mussolini, bombing Pearl Harbor. State Buddhism? Christians persecuted in Japan. North Korea has state atheism. The leader is instead worshipped as though he were a god.

The trouble starts when we forget that the divine is distinct from this world, and start trying to impose a this-world utopia, even using atheism.
farmerman

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2021 06:06 am
@bulmabriefs144,
nice try, but those youvr mentioned have all established or tried to establish an authoritarian structure. Hell ,even NAZISM was based on a Fundamentalist Christian belief .
Nothing like few basic rom a supposedly divinely inspired text to enhance your cred among your flock I recall the folks of Deseria had gone to war with the US until Gen Sherman settled the issues.

All religions are attempts at "deal making" with a divine set of beings who supposedly were in charge of the natural world. You can scream all you wish but as I tol you on your arrival, YOU GUYS HAVE NOT ASTAin OF ANY EVIDENCE OVER YOUR WORLDVIEW AND ITS INHABITANTS.

bulmabriefs144

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2021 06:24 am
@farmerman,
Anno Dimini was used widely even by historians and scholars, prior to this. It's an attempt to secularize and accommodate Muslims, who reject the Savior.

The problem is that I've noticed is that it largely pushes Muslim revisionism of timelines, pushing most of the ancient monuments (except for those in Muslim countries) forward in time. This is not only to push the narrative the Mesopotamia is the oldest civilization and that everyone copied from them, but also to support their Young Earth narrative that existence started at 6000 BC.

Under CE, the BC timelines don't match up. I think I read an account that placed the building of the Sphinx and pyramids close to 3200 BC. But the BCE people place it after some tower ruins in Babylon, about 1500 BCE. Pushing the timeline forward.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2021 06:25 am
@TheCobbler,
Quote:
I am unsure if I believe in God or not. But I do ask that God (whoever she may be) forgive me when I believe I have acted inappropriately and then, I change into an even better person.

I consider the "standards" proposed in the Bible to be debased and devised by unenlightened and narrow minded, often hateful, authors.

This in turn voids many if not most of the other prophetic imperatives and other farcical propositions of the Bible.

I didn’t bring up the Bible but it seems you are uncertain about God because of your impression of the book. I had the same impression of it before I got to know God. It took me almost 15 years after that to open the book and read it for myself. I was shocked at how many false impressions I had been given about it. Or maybe I just could not have understood it until I knew Him, after all, a lot of people knew God long before there even was a book, so the book is obviously not a requirement for knowing him.

In any case, you are correct about the men who wrote it, the book itself tells you how confused and misguided many of them were. The man who wrote most of the NT made it his job to kill other believers, so obviously the writers were as fallible as you say.

So yes, best to start with knowing God first if you are unsure about him. Even the book tells you it is his spirit that will guide you into all truth, not the text in the book.

bulmabriefs144

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2021 06:28 am
@farmerman,
Uhhh that's why Nazism seems to have alot of pagan mysticism?

Hitler exploited Christianity, but he wasn't a Christian. Anyone who reads half of his beliefs understands this.

Likewise, Christians who mask up for the cure aren't real Christians. This is something Muslims do, and it is a sign of Christianity becoming dhimmi status for state Islam. Among other things. This is state religion.

Actual religion is separated from the state.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2021 06:31 am
Farmer said:
Quote:
Hell ,even NAZISM was based on a Fundamentalist Christian belief .

@Cobbler
See, that’s the kind of **** that most people get their impression of God, Bible, religion, etc. from.
farmerman

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2021 09:41 am
@Leadfoot,
some more of yer alternative facts eh?
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2021 11:48 am
@Leadfoot,
No you have it in reverse.

Nazism is a product of the racist **** people think is sanctioned by God.

In words like, "utterly destroy" and "leave none alive" God and "chosen people".
Put a bullseye on ethnic people... when we are all "racially equal".

And it takes a secular heart and mind to see through all the religious crap.
bulmabriefs144

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2021 09:58 pm
@TheCobbler,
What's your background in history and religion?

Because it seems like you had a woke "professor" who taught you nothing worthwhile . I, on the other hand, majored in history (double minored in horticulture and religion, as a result of changing my minor).

Here's what I know about Hitler:
-Believed strongly in the ubermensche teachings of Nietzsche
-Believed in racial Darwinism
-Believed in the "Aryan race" which btw is from Hindu culture mostly, not Germany. So is the swastika. There it's untilted and is a symbol of fortune.
-Believed in Norse mythos, especially as told by Wagner
-Believed in supernatural artifacts ( including the Spear of Destiny, which stabbed Jesus). Aside from harvesting followers from angry predominantly Christian Germans, the only other connection was that he occasionally collected supernatural items, relics if you will.

Does any of this sound Christian to you? If so, you also need education on what real Christianity looks like.

Hitler did take advantage of a mostly Christian but very angry and irrational German crowd, who wanted someone to blame after other countries made them pay a war debt. Hitler said "Hey let's start a pogrom!" and everyone accepted this.

If I went to India and pretended to be Hindu, in order to stir up a crowd into kill Muslims, would you call me a Hindu? Or would you ask me questions about Shiva and Ganesh?

Btw, crowds can also be motivated to kill people unknowingly, using dangerous drugs or methods and benevolent sounding words. " We're from the government and we are here to help." or " this medicine, it'll keep you safe... What you won't? Then you'll need to be quarantined (arrested and/or kidnapped from your home) " or "This is for your own good" or especially "This is for the greater good. " Contrary to the movies you've very definitely seen, Christians and other religions don't go around saying "kill them to the last man." But our governments love to " help" us, and whenever they do, people tend to get the shaft. Wear a safety belt or get fined and (depending on the law) stripped of your license. For that matter, you'll need to buy car insurance. And let's force you to buy health insurance. While we're at it, let's jab you with untested substances. Each generation has had to deal with the Feds breathing down their necks. The more heavy-handed they are, the more people resist. If you knew what I know about history, you'd know that there have been some brutal struggles in the past. But far less of them involve religion than involve people trusting their government too much. You should see the crap that was tried in the 40s. Buy war bonds. What, you don't feel like spending your hard-earned money to help out the troops? What's wrong with you? Arrest that traitor. What you don't want to being on stamps and have a victory garden? Die Nazi scum! You have misgivings about people killing each other, and wanna be a conscientious objector? Prepare to be arrested! None of these have to do with religion, though they are clearly examples of big state tyranny.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2021 11:50 pm
@TheCobbler,
Quote:
Nazism is a product of the racist **** people think is sanctioned by God.

I don’t care what **** 'people' think is sanctioned by God, what do you think he sanctions?

You would not have said you were uncertain about God if you were among those ignorant souls who spew farmer's lie.
farmerman

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2021 05:16 am
@Leadfoot,
Quote:

Adolf Hitler on Christianity: Quotes
Adolf Hitler Proclaimed his Faith in Jesus as Lord, Savior, and Inspiration

By Austin Cline
Updated June 25, 2019
Despite how often Christian apologists try to argue that Adolf Hitler is an example of the evil caused by atheism and secularism, the truth is that Hitler often proclaimed his own Christianity, how much he valued Christianity, how important Christianity was to his life, and even how much he was personally inspired by Jesus - his "Lord and Savior." There is plenty of evidence that he was critical of Christian churches for seeking independence from the state, but his vision of "Positive Christianity" was significant to him.

Adolf Hitler: The Nazi Party Represents Positive Christianity

Heinrich Hoffmann / Stringer / Getty Images
"We demand freedom for all religious confessions in the state, insofar as they do not endanger its existence or conflict with the customs and moral sentiments of the Germanic race. The party as such represents the standpoint of a positive Christianity, without owing itself to a particular confession.. Article 20 of the program of the German Workers' Party (later named the National Socialist German Workers' Party, NSDAP)

Adolf Hitler: I am a Catholic
I am now as before a Catholic and will always remain so.
-[i/] Adolf Hitler, to General Gerhard Engel, 1941

Adolf Hitler: Religious Life as the Highest and Most Desirable Ideal
I had excellent opportunity to intoxicate myself with the solemn splendor of the brilliant church festivals. As was only natural, the abbot seemed to me, as the village priest had once seemed to my father, the highest and most desirable ideal.
- Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf, Vol. 1 Chapter 1

Adolf Hitler: Christianity and the Holy German Reich
As long as leadership from above was not lacking, the people fulfilled their duty and obligation overwhelmingly. Whether Protestant pastor or Catholic priest, both together and particularly at the first flare, there really existed in both camps but a single holy German Reich, for whose existence and future each man turned to his own heaven.
- Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf, Vol. 1 Chapter 3

Adolf Hitler: Significance of the Religion of Love
The more abstractly correct and hence powerful this idea will be, the more impossible remains its complete fulfillment as long as it continues to depend on human beings... If this were not so, the founders of religion could not be counted among the greatest men of this earth... In its workings, even the religion of love is only the weak reflection of the will of its exalted founder; its significance, however, lies in the direction which it attempted to give to a universal human development of culture, ethics, and morality.
- Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf, Vol. 1 Chapter 8

Adolf Hitler: Personification of the Devil
....the personification of the devil as the symbol of all evil assumes the living shape of the Jew.
- Adolf Hitler (following the position of Martin Luther), Mein Kampf, Vol. 1 Chapter 11

Adolf Hitler: Christians Should Deal with Atheistic Jews
And the founder of Christianity made no secret indeed of his estimation of the Jewish people. When He found it necessary, He drove those enemies of the human race out of the Temple of God; because then, as always, they used religion as a means of advancing their commercial interests. But at that time Christ was nailed to the Cross for his attitude towards the Jews; whereas our modern Christians enter into party politics and when elections are being held they debase themselves to beg for Jewish votes. They even enter into political intrigues with the atheistic Jewish parties against the interests of their own Christian nation.
- Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf, Vol. 1 Chapter 11

Adolf Hitler: As a Christian, I Feel that My Lord and Savior was a Fighter
My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter. In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. ...Today, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before the fact that it was for this that He had to shed his blood upon the Cross. ...
- Adolf Hitler, speech on April 12, 1922

Adolf Hitler: Fascism is Closer to Christianity than Liberalism or Marxism
The fact that the Curia is now making its peace with Fascism shows that the Vatican trusts the new political realities far more than did the former liberal democracy with which it could not come to terms. ...The fact that the Catholic Church has come to an agreement with Fascist Italy ...proves beyond doubt that the Fascist world of ideas is closer to Christianity than those of Jewish liberalism or even atheistic Marxism...
- Adolf Hitler in an article in the Völkischer Beobachter, February 29, 1929, on the new Lateran Treaty between Mussolini's fascist government and the Vatican

Adolf Hitler: Compromises with Atheism Destroy Religious, Ethical Values
By its decision to carry out the political and moral cleansing of our public life, the Government is creating and securing the conditions for a really deep and inner religious life. The advantages for the individual which may be derived from compromises with atheistic organizations do not compare in any way with the consequences which are visible in the destruction of our common religious and ethical values. The national Government sees in both Christian denominations the most important factor for the maintenance of our society. ...
- Adolf Hitler, speech before the Reichstag, March 23, 1933, just before the Enabling Act is passed.

Adolf Hitler: Burn out the Poison of Immorality
Today Christians ... stand at the head of [this country]... I pledge that I never will tie myself to parties who want to destroy Christianity .. We want to fill our culture again with the Christian spirit ... We want to burn out all the recent immoral developments in literature, in the theater, and in the press - in short, we want to burn out the poison of immorality which has entered into our whole life and culture as a result of liberal excess during the past ... (few) years.
[-i] Adolf Hitler, quoted in: The Speeches of Adolf Hitler, 1922-1939, Vol. 1 (London, Oxford University Press, 1942), pg. 871-872 [/i]

Of course he was the poster boy of Nazism, but he was clver nough to use the trappings of his Catholic upbringing, and was clever enough to insist that the Reich was the actual EMBODIMENT of the Millenium.

Sounds familiar doesnt it. Make sure you get the religions on your side, declare some "enemy" of your beliefs, and then stir up your base.we get used through our ignorance by amoral authoritarians
farmerman

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2021 05:25 am
@Leadfoot,
history is merely the recording of what we have seen in real time.Hitler ws the first Trump's "Hold up a Bible as a symbol to his "FLOCK of SHEEP"