What is Evangelism?

Leadfoot

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2021 06:15 am
@TheCobbler,
I’ll address just one weak argument.

Quote:
If you follow the genealogies back to Adam it is 6000 years.

No, that was 6000 years since Adam. That does not account for the time during the creation of stars, Earth, first life (plants), animals, etc. before that.

Interesting factoid:
There will never be any more coal or oil created naturally on earth. If mycelium (mushrooms) had been created/evolved before trees and most other plants, the shrooms would have decomposed their remains before time had a chance to make those handy concentrated hydrocarbons.

If you now want to argue about 6 'days' of creation, I’ll be done here. That’s just too silly an argument to address.
Leadfoot

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2021 06:17 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
"dark matter" is merely a witty explanation for aspects of excess gravity in the Galaxy.
Write that paper up farmer, it’s a sure fire Nobel!
bulmabriefs144

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2021 06:38 am
@hightor,
You always thought wrong.

Quote:
(First page comment, how you always thought evangelism was like the Republican party)

You are right that it's about preaching and teaching, and getting out. But the early Church is nothing like the Republican party.

The Republican party is mired in prosperity gospel, even among its poor. This is why they voted in Trump (and why Trump was able to betray them). You heard that right, I'm a disillusioned Trump voter. Most Trump voters (and many Biden voters) seem to have conveniently forgotten that most of the policy on COVID vaccinations came from Trump. These same Moderna vaccinations that now kill plenty of people.

Yes, yes, I know you'll quote some Polifact article that says it's made from corn and fine in moderation. But the point being Trump did nothing to actually stop all this stuff, putting his reputation above the sanity of the nation (this is a hysteria, on par with the Salem Witch Hunts), took the vaccine himself, and now his plan is on the table to force his loyal followers to also be vaccinated. All of this because his voters bought prosperity gospel. The idea that you can make youe country, or your world great.

This is a heresy. The world is flawed. The early Christians understood that living in comfort was not a given. That you could be persecuted, fed to lions, hung on a cross, even burned alive. Those who survived were constantly traveling on foot to spread the gospel. They accepted their leaders, but didn't really care who was leader because they were too busy wandering around and being poor.
The Republican party is a result of later Catholic and Protestant (mostly the latter) movements, that had a developed church hierarchy, and where people had the luxury of quietly attending church once a week. Most of these have a very weak connection to the church, and wouldn't evangelize because it might offend people.

Also? The early Church was its people. The modern church are its buildings.
farmerman

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2021 07:06 am
@Leadfoot,
I actually knew Zwicky (and his younger relatives ). He was a true geniu and a guy who was accomplished in several fields. Ill take his word. I see that Neil DeGrasse Tyson had quoted the "Zwickyistic explanation " for Dark Matter. You can probably lookit up so your not found guilty of trying to be a smart ass for no apparent reason.

Leadfoot

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2021 07:17 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
You can probably lookit up so your not found guilty of trying to be a smart ass for no apparent reason.
. No, really, there was a good reason.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2021 12:03 pm
@Leadfoot,
6000 years and 6 days does not make 13 billion, even on the most advanced calculators.
TheCobbler

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2021 12:13 pm
@bulmabriefs144,
Your post sounds like someone running through an obstacle course blindfolded.

The policy of holding large rallies in the midst of the pandemic with no mask requirement came from Trump also. It makes one doubt any other policies Trump is credited with.

Operation warp speed, (the response that came many months too late) were the republicans ever planning on paying for that?

When Trump left office the Covid response remained largely unfunded.

Not one single republican voted to fund the response which only goes to show they never intended warp speed to ever get off the ground.
Leadfoot

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2021 06:34 pm
@TheCobbler,
Quote:
6000 years and 6 days does not make 13 billion, even on the most advanced calculators.

Trump, covid, blah, bla, bl.....

Somebody, please, shoot me now.
TheCobbler

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2021 12:04 am
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:
Trump, covid, blah, bla, bl.....

Faith and truth are trivial to you...

That is why your doctrine is so full of error.

Half a million dead of Covid... You could pretend to care.

Don't expect to be taken seriously, Jesus expects more from his flock than it seem you are willing to commit to.

The harvest is plenteous...

It seems honesty is a virtue lacking in your character. (Just like your Trump.)
Leadfoot

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2021 06:29 am
@TheCobbler,
Quote:
Faith and truth are trivial to you...

No, they really are important to me. That is why Trump, Covid, the economy, slavery, etc. are trivial details when discussing the really important things.

I don’t want to adulterate the important with the trivial. It’s THAT important.
bulmabriefs144

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2021 06:54 am
@TheCobbler,
Half a million "dead" of "Covid."

Actually, ummmm...
1. It is very easy to make people dead on paper. Just as it's easy to make peopls vote on paper. Computers that want to cheat on numerical counting can easily count the same dead person multiple times.
3. Do these dead also include those who took the Moderna (and other) vaccine? Because that one is grossly underrepresented (they once stated that only 1% of all vaccine deaths made headlines. If you report 600 people, and that's only 10%, that's 6000. If it's only 1% that's 60,000. Let's imagine for a second that this is one of those comorbidity instances the CDC talked about . And this is only assuming 600 repoeted deaths!)
0 Replies

bulmabriefs144

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2021 07:12 am
@TheCobbler,
Half a million "dead" of "Covid."

Actually, ummmm...
1. It is very easy to make people dead on paper. Just as it's easy to make peopls vote on paper. Computers that want to cheat on numerical counting can easily count the same dead person multiple times.
2. CDC has as much as told people that if you die while having COVID, that you die of COVID.
https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/covid-19.htm#understanding-death-data-quality
They "asked to use their best judgement" and cases of death may include " probable" and "presumed" deaths because of it.
When pressed, they told people that 94% had other medical conditions.By simple math this means only 6% of all people listed as a COVID death are COVID.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/cdc-94percent-of-covid-19-deaths-had-underlying-medical-conditions/ar-BB18wrA7
Dies of pneumonia? COVID. Old age? COVID. Hemophilia? COVID. Poverty, famine, lost jobs, or extreme depression as a result of everyone getting hyped about COVID? COVID! Don't believe me? A murder-suicide was listed.
https://www.skyhinews.com/news/coroner-state-included-a-murder-suicide-in-grands-covid-deaths/
If my parents die, I wouldn't be able to shop at most stores due to COVID (I completely am unwilling to go anywhere that demands a mask or passport or any other blatantly unconstitutional measure, I simply boycott the place and stay home). So I'd eventually starve without people helping or doing some serious farming. My death death by this insane logic is an indirect result of all the screwy COVID ****, therefore I died of COVID.
3. Do these dead also include those who took the Moderna (and other) vaccine? Because that one is grossly underrepresented (they once stated that only 1% of all vaccine deaths made headlines. If you report 600 people, and that's only 10%, that's 6000. If it's only 1% that's 60,000. Let's imagine for a second that this is one of those comorbidity instances the CDC talked about . And this is only assuming around 600 reported deaths!)
https://vaccinedeaths.com/
There are also 11,000 serious reactions.

0 Replies

bulmabriefs144

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2021 07:20 am
@TheCobbler,
You're missing the part where it was his plan.

The Republican party was duped by him. And that is my point.

Most Republicans are meek, but in a different way than Jesus intended. They don't stand against evil, they allow it to be planned against them. That it wasn't funded on his watch is irrelevant.

Anyone who has been watching Biden knows that he basically is powerless with a teleprompter. Like Obama before him. So who's beeb pulling the strings? Well if you were perfectly cynical, the same people always pull the strings. Rich white guys. Trump was the last person sign on this, therefore, at least concerning COVID vaccines, this is a betrayal by Trump. And, not COVID deaths, is my point. That if you are on the right you should be infuriated that this plan came frome Trump. Hell, for a different reason, if you're on the left you should be infuriated that this plan came from Trump.

Instead, people quietly take this, too afraid of dying from COVID to question how crooked this all is.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2021 07:23 am
Genesis 3 : 25
bulmabriefs144

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2021 07:30 am
@izzythepush,
Genesis 3:25? It ends at 3:24.

izzythepush

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2021 07:30 am
@bulmabriefs144,
I wasn’t talking to you.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2021 07:32 am
@izzythepush,
Jesus, he knows me,
And he knows I’m right.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2021 07:50 am
@bulmabriefs144,
bulmabriefs144 wrote:
(First page comment, how you always thought evangelism was like the Republican party)

That's not what I wrote and your comment is either extremely careless or (more likely) willfully dishonest.

This is my complete post:

I wrote:
I always thought it meant actively preaching and proselytizing, spreading the message of Jesus Christ as Paul exhorted the early Christians to do. The fact that self-identified evangelicals are locked arm and arm with the conservative Republican Party in the USA is just an historical accident.

Your claim that the Moderna vaccine is fatal is unsubstantiated. The fact that a small number of people (nearly a third of them over the age of 80) have died subsequent to receiving the vaccine (0 - 49 days after vaccination) doesn't establish causality — one reported death followed an automobile accident. And the rate, at 15/million, is significantly lower than the rate of deaths from covid in the USA which is over 1600/million.

The CDC said on its adverse events page, updated March 1: "To date, the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System has not detected patterns in cause of death that would indicate a safety problem with COVID-19 vaccines."
source
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2021 10:05 am
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:
No, they really are important to me. That is why Trump, Covid, the economy, slavery, etc. are trivial details when discussing the really important things.

I don’t want to adulterate the important with the trivial. It’s THAT important.

You don't think having a president that is actively trying to save the lives of hundreds of thousands of vulnerable people from sickness and death is important?

Saving lives and being and example by wearing a life-saving mask is trivial?

And you use THAT same brain to discern scriptures?

TheCobbler

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2021 10:08 am
@bulmabriefs144,
How many deaths do you think are acceptable while under the control of the seditious, deadbeat republican party!?

0 Replies