What is Evangelism?

TheCobbler

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2020 04:13 am
@coldjoint,
Barbarism is not excused because it was "an old book"...

This "old book" has caused death, misery and suffering to countless innocent people... Genocide, slavery, religiously motivated witch hunts... all are shameful reminders of religion's evil and misguided past.

Antiquity is no excuse.

Male chauvinism and arrogant self important clerics of old are no excuse for thousands of years of brutality...

John 10:10 (KJV)
10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

Comment:
I wonder what "thief" Jesus was referring to?

Perhaps the old book? Jesus condemns it why do you condone it?

You are facilitating "the thief" by defending this garbage and anti-Christ.

...and courtrooms are often occupied by hypocritical, apologetic religious people zealous for the carnage of the old law.
coldjoint

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2020 02:56 pm
@TheCobbler,
Quote:
to countless innocent people..

And what about the guilty? The penalty for adultery was common knowledge.
Quote:
Jesus condemns it why do you condone it?

I do not condone stealing, killing, or destroying. I do condone self defense. Please produce one post that shows I condone any of those things, or just stop lying.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2020 08:40 am
Evangelical Singer Calls Out Trump’s Christian Supporters In Scathing New Song
The Indiana pastor puts evangelicals who support Trump on notice.
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/daniel-deitrich-evangelical-anti-trump-song_n_5e3114ebc5b6e8375f64ce56

0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2020 01:31 pm
Two words I created in my mind only to find I am not the first to consider these words.

Christocratic and Christocracy.

Many liberals are people of faith but they also believe strongly in secular government.

This has allowed the right wing conservatives to put a stranglehold on religion and in doing so change/corrupt its most simple of ideas.

Many may argue that religion is not worthy of public consumption.

Though the words are found and consumed by the unenlightened and the meaning thereof is auctioned off by the highest bidder without any real consideration as to the social impact.

Should religion be interpreted by power hungry elitists or should it be conformed to the needs of the many?

Should religion enslave or should it liberate?

Should it subjugate or educate?

Should it benefit the few or be the salvation of all?

coldjoint

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2020 01:32 pm
@TheCobbler,

Quote:
Christocratic and Christocracy.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2020 01:48 pm
@TheCobbler,
Quote:
Many liberals are people of faith...

Quote:
This has allowed the right wing conservatives to put a stranglehold on religion...

Poppycock!

Many liberals are people of faith... Guess what?
there are many conservatives who are also people of faith.

Neither group has a 'stranglehold ' on religion.

Beliefs are fashioned from individual interpretation. Some folks lean left, some to the right and plenty who hang out at the center.

Politicians are your enemy here, as they are the ones that wave their versions of God and the bible around as a means to get what they want.
Leadfoot

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2020 02:21 pm
@Sturgis,
I believe what he was getting at was that the perception of the Right being tied to religion, that by extension gave 'religion' a stranglehold on the left (who had religious leanings) and therefore the right is controlling the left. Whew!

He has a point, but going beyond the politics and 'religion', the only thing that matters is what you the individual embrace.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Sat 1 Feb, 2020 10:44 am
@Sturgis,
Apparently you do not understand how polarized our country has become where republican means liar and fake christian and democrat means truth justice and well... democracy.

Matthew 6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

Comment:
You cannot serve Trump and Jesus...

You cannot love your neighbor and love the KKK...
coldjoint

Reply Sat 1 Feb, 2020 12:04 pm
@TheCobbler,
Quote:
You cannot serve Trump and Jesus...

"Render onto Caesar......"
Yes you can.
0 Replies