I feel like I am going to die.

Reply Sat 30 Dec, 2017 04:15 am
Just last night, I got this horrible tightness in my throat. It went away for a while, but then came back. It feels like somebody is pulling back my Adam's Apple and squeezing my wind pipe. It also feels like I can't breathe, but I can as I am breathing rapidly. Does anyone know what could be wrong with me?

P.S, if my age is necessary, i'm 13 years old male with no allergies and medical conditions.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 6 • Views: 974 • Replies: 8
No top replies

blatham

Reply Sat 30 Dec, 2017 04:21 am
@HullSimplibus,
I'm not a medical person but you may have encountered an allergic reaction to something new in your environment. You really should go to a doctor or to emergency with that particular symptom.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sat 30 Dec, 2017 08:58 am
@HullSimplibus,
Stress and/or anxiety can do that, too.

Are you anxious or wirried about something going on in your life?
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 30 Dec, 2017 09:14 am
@HullSimplibus,
Tell your folks that you're not feeling well.

In addition to the two thoughts here, it's also the cold and flu season in the Northern Hemisphere.
0 Replies

seac

Reply Sat 30 Dec, 2017 12:06 pm
@HullSimplibus,
Look up sleep paralysis. Maybe, maybe not. Scary if you see the thing clutching your throat.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sun 31 Dec, 2017 12:34 am
In any case, you should be looked at by a doctor.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Sun 31 Dec, 2017 11:22 am
Keep some Benadryl handy it may be an allergy you are unaware of to something in your room or house. Does it go away when you go outside or get worse? Does it get worse when you enter a certain room or only at night when you sleep? It may be something in a certain room you are allergic to.

OR,

Have you been eating chocolate over the holidays?

Chocolate is a drug...

Do you drink coffee, eat chocolate (which has caffeine too) or drink sports drinks?

I get a crushing feeling in my throat whenever I consume anything with caffeine.

Even a tiny bit causes a pain like someone is crushing my throat.

Cut out all chocolate, and anything else with "caffeine". It will go away and come back anytime you partake in it again.

I am a professional singer and it took me years to figure out what was causing my throat pains. No caffeine, no throat pains.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2018 10:34 pm
Get your tonsils looked at , too.
0 Replies

Christian0912

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2018 11:23 pm
@HullSimplibus,
It is highly possible that you could have strained a neck or throat muscle. Apply ice or a heat pack to your throat and sit up. Try not to lay down on your head as this may put pressure on your neck and/or throat. I'm not a doctor, and I doubt anyone else here is one, so the best advice any of us can give you is to tell your parents and get them to take you to a doctor as soon as possible.
0 Replies