Thu 28 Dec, 2017 06:30 pm
I’ve been seeing this girl for the past 4 months. It was going absolutely perfect. We got a long great. No fighting or arguing. We have met each other’s family and friends. The whole nine yards.

The only issue is, a few months (2) before we started seeing each other she just got out of a 3 year relationship. We talked about not moving too fast from the beginning and have done a ok job of doing that.

She just broke up with me with the reasoning that she is not ready for a serious relationship. I handled the breakup as well as I could have. Stating that I understand where she is coming from and all that.

I have just started the no contact period (5 days in). How long should I continue? Also, do you have any advice?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 2,563 • Replies: 6
Topic Closed
No top replies

jespah

Thu 28 Dec, 2017 07:28 pm
@Joey1988,
Play this song.

And then forget about getting back with her, at least for now.

Give her space. That's what she wants. Respect that.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Thu 28 Dec, 2017 11:29 pm
@Joey1988,
She was not ready to do anything except casual dating after breaking up from a 3 year relationship. So whoever pushed this thing you had with her too fast made a mistake.
0 Replies

Joey1988

Sat 30 Dec, 2017 12:51 pm
She has reached out to me and we are meeting up in a few days to talk.

What should I expect from this conversation or plan for?
jespah

Sat 30 Dec, 2017 03:30 pm
@Joey1988,
Plan to listen. Go in with no other expectations. Be nice, be up for whatever.

It may be an olive branch. It may be a kiss-off. It may be a rekindling. It may even be her thinking she's being kind to reach out when, if it gives you false hope, then it's the opposite of that.
0 Replies

PabloN

Mon 1 Oct, 2018 12:27 pm
@Joey1988,
You just gotta respect her decision and be thankful that she is honest with you. If you are meant for each other, time will tell when will things should happen.
mystikmind

Tue 19 Mar, 2019 07:20 pm
@PabloN,
Good advice, and meanwhile why dont you suggest that you should both be open to seeing other people..... That will take the pressure off her.... or, if she does not seem to like that idea, you have the answer you want, she is yours, you just need to give her some space.
0 Replies