Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2017 06:30 pm
I’ve been seeing this girl for the past 4 months. It was going absolutely perfect. We got a long great. No fighting or arguing. We have met each other’s family and friends. The whole nine yards.

The only issue is, a few months (2) before we started seeing each other she just got out of a 3 year relationship. We talked about not moving too fast from the beginning and have done a ok job of doing that.

She just broke up with me with the reasoning that she is not ready for a serious relationship. I handled the breakup as well as I could have. Stating that I understand where she is coming from and all that.

I have just started the no contact period (5 days in). How long should I continue? Also, do you have any advice?
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 841 • Replies: 5

2  
Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2017 07:28 pm
@Joey1988,
Play this song.

And then forget about getting back with her, at least for now.

Give her space. That's what she wants. Respect that.

PUNKEY

1  
Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2017 11:29 pm
@Joey1988,
She was not ready to do anything except casual dating after breaking up from a 3 year relationship. So whoever pushed this thing you had with her too fast made a mistake.

Joey1988

1  
Reply Sat 30 Dec, 2017 12:51 pm
She has reached out to me and we are meeting up in a few days to talk.

What should I expect from this conversation or plan for?

1  
Reply Sat 30 Dec, 2017 03:30 pm
@Joey1988,
Plan to listen. Go in with no other expectations. Be nice, be up for whatever.

It may be an olive branch. It may be a kiss-off. It may be a rekindling. It may even be her thinking she's being kind to reach out when, if it gives you false hope, then it's the opposite of that.

PabloN

1  
Reply Mon 1 Oct, 2018 12:27 pm
@Joey1988,
You just gotta respect her decision and be thankful that she is honest with you. If you are meant for each other, time will tell when will things should happen.