How old was Joseph when he was espoused to Mary?

izzythepush

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2018 05:01 am
@peacecrusader888,
peacecrusader888 wrote:

I said that WWIII may happen from 1 April 2017 to 30 September 2017

Which is meaningless. If you get a letter demanding money and saying that unless you pay they'll take you to court, you'd better pay. If the letter says they may take you to court then you can toss it in the bin because they're not taking you to court.

That's what may means, sweet Fanny Adams.
0 Replies

peacecrusader888

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2018 05:24 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
It's the start of a new tax year. Are you confusing the spirit of Ama with the Inland revenue?

Btw, 5 reasons do not look like this.

You are quick to reply. Actually, it was a deliberate act of placing 1. . That shows that it is not finished yet. There is a hacker who does crazy things on my computer.

peacecrusader888

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2018 05:39 am
@centrox,
Quote:
When I am that age, I plan to be working as a financial accountant in my government's legal system, far away from where I grew up.

Joseph was a skilled carpenter which he can take with him in a city, such as Nazareth in Galiee.

0 Replies

peacecrusader888

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2018 05:47 am
@centrox,
Quote:
If this goddam Ama thing is so clever, why is he asking on here?

I saw a question about Mary - "How old was the Virgin Mary when she gave birth to Jesus?' . How about asking similar question about Joseph regarding his age when he was espoused to Mary?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2018 10:02 am
@peacecrusader888,
peacecrusader888 wrote:
There is a hacker who does crazy things on my computer.

That's one hell of a get out clause. You can post whatever you want and blame it on hackers. Get your computer fixed, get the viruses removed then you can debate without fear of being hacked or accused of duplicity.
0 Replies

ekename

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2018 06:52 pm
@peacecrusader888,
Another cracker from the clacker of the hacker or a howler from the fowler?

Quote:
Atheists: Your answer please
Forums: Religion, Christianity
Get Email Updates • Email this Topic • Print this Page

REPLYREPORT Wed 28 Jun, 2017 07:24 am
There are two cases that I would like the atheists to answer:
1. A baby was born but died at birth. It was buried. A few years later, the child was exhumed. Where did the hair and skeleton come from?
2. A chick is developed when a rooster and a hen mate. Get an egg from the cloaca of the hen and drink the content of the egg. Did your mouth feel any skeleton or hair from what you drank? The hen sits on the eggs for about 21 days. And the eggs hatch. Where did the skeleton and hair of the chicks come from?
0 Replies

peacecrusader888

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2018 08:14 am
I am interested where Sturgis got "67, 3 months, and 24 days" because according to "Pasiong Mahal", page 14, which the spirit of Ama recommended that we read also aside from the King James Version of the Holy Bible, that Joseph was an old person from the tribe of Judah, a descendant of the prophet David. Ama said that Joseph was an old person, that was why he was not killed, when intercepted by bandits on their way to Egypt.
ekename

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2018 06:47 pm
@peacecrusader888,
Quote:
I am interested where Sturgis got "67, 3 months, and 24 days"

There are three possibilities. Let's call them the omgun, the other gun and the holy smoke.

1. He pulled the number out of , omgun umm, the desert air.

2. He hankers for a time long ago when he was that young gun.

3. His hagiographic religiosity got the better of his historicity in his history story of holy smoke and mirrors.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2018 11:53 pm
@peacecrusader888,
Quote:
...where Sturgis got "67, 3 months and 24 days"...

...Joseph was an old person...

Essentially, I went with the age I imagined him to be. I have a vague recollection of having at some time read or heard that he was considered an older man. It may come from that short piece of time where I was studying theology.
0 Replies

peacecrusader888

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2018 06:56 am
This came from page 36 of "Pasiong Mahal", a book recommended by the spirit of Ama that we should read also aside from the King James Version (KJV) of the Holy Bible. "Pasiong Mahal" is chanted in the Philippines during Holy Week. Ama said the KJV is "nearer the truth" (than other versions).

On page 36, it narrates the death of Joseph before the start of the ministry of Jesus. Joseph foresaw the suffering that Jesus would experience so he asked the almighty God to take him first. If Joseph was an old person (60 was my estimate to 67 as Sturgis suggested) and Jesus started His ministry when he was 29 years old, we would say that he died at about 89-96 years old.
0 Replies

bobo42

Reply Sat 10 Mar, 2018 01:28 pm
@peacecrusader888,
It has been said that Mary was anywhere from 15 to 19. I like 19. As for Joseph's age? The bible does not mention either ages !!

bobo42
0 Replies