How old was Joseph when he was espoused to Mary?

Reply Wed 27 Dec, 2017 06:21 am
You maybe surprised to what the spirit of Ama said. First, let us hear your comments.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 2,263 • Replies: 30
No top replies

centrox

Reply Wed 27 Dec, 2017 08:06 am
It is not certain that Joseph and Mary existed, and why should we care what an imaginary "spirit" is supposed to have said?
CoastalRat

Reply Wed 27 Dec, 2017 09:10 am
@peacecrusader888,
It really does not matter how old Joseph was at the time. Makes no difference to the message of Christmas. So no real reason to contemplate this at all.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Wed 27 Dec, 2017 01:34 pm
@peacecrusader888,
He was 67, 3 months and 24 days.
centrox

Reply Wed 27 Dec, 2017 02:04 pm
The Arlington Catholic Herald:

Quote:
no record exists of St. Joseph's actual age

0 Replies

ekename

Reply Wed 27 Dec, 2017 08:27 pm

0 Replies

peacecrusader888

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2017 06:18 am
@Sturgis,
Where did you get that?
peacecrusader888

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2017 06:24 am
@centrox,
Joseph and Mary existed. Do you believe that Jesus existed?
Sturgis

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2017 02:22 pm
@peacecrusader888,
Quote:
Where did you get that?

Since some have written that Joseph could have been 90 and others that he was in his 40s, while others claim Mary and Joseph were the same age ( in this case in their 20s), I figured to go with how I saw Joseph in my own brain.

Note, there is also discrepancy on Mary's true age. Some place her as young as 14, others in her mid-20s.
peacecrusader888

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2017 07:44 pm
@Sturgis,
So you think he was "67, 3 months, and 24 days" old which is from "my own brain". How can he work as a carpenter at that age far away from where he grew up?
ekename

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2017 09:02 pm
@peacecrusader888,
Quote:
Do you believe that Jesus existed?

Most historians believe that the putative prophet of pulchritude probably existed.

Of those who do, 100% agree he had a mother and a father.

Then, as now, phopheteering was trending, go ask yer Ama.

Sturgis

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2017 02:33 pm
@peacecrusader888,
Quote:
How can he work as a carpenter at that age far away from where he grew up?

He has a skilled trade which he can take with him wherever he goes. As long as people want tables, chairs, benches, shelves and various other things and there are trees, he will have work. Many people work well beyond their 60s.
0 Replies

centrox

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2017 02:37 pm
@peacecrusader888,
peacecrusader888 wrote:
So you think he was "67, 3 months, and 24 days" old which is from "my own brain". How can he work as a carpenter at that age far away from where he grew up?

When I am that age, I plan to be working as a financial accountant in my government's legal system, far away from where I grew up.
centrox

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2017 02:38 pm
@ekename,
ekename wrote:
Then, as now, phopheteering was trending, go ask yer Ama.

If this goddam Ama thing is so clever, why is he asking on here?
ekename

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2017 09:28 pm
@centrox,
The question is rhetorical.

Just be thankful that when Ama predicted WWIII would start by the end of September 2017, that if it didn't happen by then, it wouldn't happen until 2018.
TheCobbler

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2018 07:30 am
According to the Apocrypha, Joseph may have been in his 40's.

According the the New Testament, Mary was around 14 or younger.

Supposedly, God chose a 14 year old to impregnate with Jesus.

So, the Bible is either trying to draw attention to this idea of pedophilia or the customs back 2000 years ago were oblivious as to the immorality of this kind of marriage.

Either way it is wrong, whether if God does it, Mohammed or Joseph or any other lecherous old fart.

Very few argue over whether if Mary had a virgin conception but many argue that it was not a virgin birth...

Joseph was newly wed and most certainly could not have kept his creepy hands off Mary, his new wife, for 9 months while she carried to term "God's" son.

The GOP are using this Joseph and Mary age difference to justify pedophilia and I personally think it is sick and depraved of morality and ethics!

Mohammed apparently justified his 12 year old bride by this same story of Joseph and Mary.

Religion can be a disease that often tends to justify the most horrendous of deeds.

Joseph and Mary may not have even existed but the story is one of debauchery and perversion.

Maybe Joseph and Mary did exist and they were both young and this fact was changed over time? For what reasons? The reasons for making Joseph old and Mary so young are, sinister at best.

The story as it stands today and is believed by many sick pedophile old men is simply a story demonstrating a disgusting lack of civility and morality.

Ama, is pointing out what people believe, not sure really where her own thinking is at. If she is using this to justify pedophilia, her spirit is sadly, mistaken.
0 Replies

KaJe

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2018 01:20 pm
@peacecrusader888,
Very few people knows that except of the Bible and the writings of Josephus Flavius, who very hardly can regarded as reliable (I've read all his works and practically every historical event of his age is twisted, even his autobiography is a huge lie), there are NO(!) contemporary mention about every kind of Jesus Christ. Only gnostic works writes about some Yesseus, who battles again some demons in the heavenly regions. But his next appearance as a historical person happens more centuries later. And now I haven't said that the words of the Bible aren't true. Let's everyone decide, but not on the base of prooves that only believed to exist.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2018 02:03 pm
Just add it to the list of great mysteries.
0 Replies

peacecrusader888

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2018 04:52 am
@ekename,
Quote:
The question is rhetorical.

Just be thankful that when Ama predicted WWIII would start by the end of September 2017, that if it didn't happen by then, it wouldn't happen until 2018.

I did not predict that WWIII would steart by the end of September 2017. I said that WWIII may happen from 1 April 2017 to 30 September 2017 (the second and third quarters of the year 2017. It may still happen in 2018. This time, I am specific of the date - 2018-07-04 - which is a Wednesday in the middle of the year (June and July). Why that date? Aside from the aforementioned reason, here are five reasons why:
1. Ka Apaz or Maria Liwayway Alvaran, the platform of Ama to talk to people, died on 22 July 2017. So we cannot talk to Ama anymore.
2. The prophecy was initially said by Ama on 1986-06-13. Jesus was 32 years old when He was crucified.
3. There is tension between North Korea and the United States of America (U.S.A.).
4. There is tension between China and the USA over Spratly Islands.
5. The Independence Day of the USA on 2018-07-04. It is a holiday in the USA. Egypt and Syria launched a surprise attack on Israel on Yom Kippur holiday in 1973.

izzythepush

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2018 04:58 am
@peacecrusader888,
It's the start of a new tax year. Are you confusing the spirit of Ama with the Inland revenue?

Btw, 5 reasons do not look like this.

Quote: