the last good year

djjd62

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2005 05:22 pm
"djjd, I was also born in 1962. Good year! "

this quote is from a topic about user names and how the 62 in my name relates to the year i was born

the idea then struck me that it was a good year, perhaps the last good year

starting from 63 you had two kennedys assassinated, martin luther king assassinated, the various race riots, the debacle that was vietnam, the recessions of the 70's and 80's, increasing world terrorism culminating with 9/11, the folly of two iraq wars

comments
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 777 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Magus

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2005 10:37 pm
Preceding '63 was the Cuban Missile Crisis, the Atom Bomb Hysteria, The Cold War, The McCarthy Witch Hunts, The Korean War, WWII...
( whichever year you're born, it's important to note which year that you become eligible for the draft).
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2005 10:54 pm
I graduated from university in 1962. So, for me, it was also a good year. But it really wasn't so hot for lots of other people. Civil rights unrest was just one of the ongoing troubles at the time. And Vietnam protests were already in full swing.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2005 11:16 pm
1962, the year I became a gob in the US Navy, was not that enjoyable to me. I much prefer 1942, the year I was born.
0 Replies