Do you believe Trump will win next elections ?

Reply Tue 19 Dec, 2017 08:20 am
I certainly don't.

Setanta

Reply Tue 19 Dec, 2017 08:22 am
Uh-huh . . . that's nice.
farmerman

Reply Tue 19 Dec, 2017 12:01 pm
@Setanta,
The sadness is that, if the economy hums along (with the fresh knowledge of a top down" tax reform) I think he has a very good chance. People vote from their wallets, other stuff only gives em reasons to sound smart.
maporsche

Reply Tue 19 Dec, 2017 12:06 pm
If I was forced to bet today, I'd bet on 'no.'

A lot can happen in the next 14 months before election season really ramps up though.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 22 Dec, 2017 06:51 pm
@TomFromIsrael,
Trump will win the next election. We are just starting a 20 year period of Republican control over the White House.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 4 Feb, 2018 12:50 pm
It seems impossible, but it seemed impossible the first time.

Waiting to see who runs on the Dem side, and hell. If the GOP puts somebody up.

I bet some conservative faction will enter a candidate, and that may be the only thing that beats him. A decent D candidate should win under those circumstances.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 4 Feb, 2018 12:54 pm
I mentioned this elsewhere: everybody in the family benefited substantially from the tax cuts. What farmer said above is true.

Nobody voted for him last time. Nobody has said they’d vote for him, but I’m wondering if a few of them may stealth vote their stocks and tax breaks...
layman

Reply Sun 4 Feb, 2018 01:06 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

I mentioned this elsewhere: everybody in the family benefited substantially from the tax cuts. What farmer said above is true.

Nobody voted for him last time. Nobody has said they’d vote for him, but I’m wondering if a few of them may stealth vote their stocks and tax breaks...

Only cheese-eaters vote "for the candidate" (as was the case with Obama). Others aint obsessed with "charisma" or "personality." They vote for what he has, or what they expect him to, achieve(d). If they get that, they don't care if they personally "like" the sumbitch.

A "cult of personality" is for cultists.

That said, the average perv truly "likes" Trump, with all his flaws.

About the only cheese-eater who was able to transcend his personal prejudices and not project them onto others, that I recall, was that fat ass Michael Moore. He saw it coming. He knew the average perv really liked Trump even if he (Moore) hated him. As much as anything, they liked his "policies," such as they were.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 4 Feb, 2018 01:31 pm
@farmerman,
Yes, people vote their wallets--but there is a strange case here. The government's fiscal year ends at the end of September, and consequently, many corporate fiscal years also start on October 1st. Profit-taking usually occurs in that time period, around the first of October. But we've just had a big spate of profit-taking in January. This suggests that the money boys--the real money boys whose income is from capital gains rather than so-called earned income--see the hot stock market as under-capitalized, or over-valued, however you want to look at it. I think it signals a lack of confidence on the part of people whose opinions matter much more with regard to investment than the opinions of polemicists and journalists. It's a long time until November, 2020--it is by no means certain that this bubble on Wall Street will not burst completely long before then.
0 Replies