Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2005 12:22 pm
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 649 • Replies: 1
No top replies

DaFlukes

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2005 03:04 pm
Have you ever experienced Belizean Creole? There is a Kriol Council in Belize that is attempting to standardize written Creole...(they spell it Kriol) and champion the cause of Belizean Creole as a true language and not broken, pigeon, or bastardized English. you should take a look at it.

Belize Kriol Council

Furthermore, when i talk with my friends we use a mixture of Creole and english that Non-creole, English-speakers find impossible to understand. They may pick up on similar sounding words, but the meaning is often completely beyond them.

In addition, there are speakers in Belize of 'broad creole' whom even i find difficult to understand. Their speech and accent seems a level above most people, perhaps this is due to not having an English-based schooling where standard english is forced into them.

Perhaps then, Belizean creole is on the decline and its truest form exists on the tongues of these 'broad creole' speakers. I believe that, if Creole is indeed a language the purest form exists with them.
0 Replies