Bagels, Pizza, Hot Dogs and Race Tracks - New York City?

ehBeth

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2005 07:13 pm
errrrrr, exactly do you want me to smooch, Miss Bunny? or just any fella I happen to run into in New York? <not saying I wouldn't, as a favour to a friend, doncha know>
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2005 07:52 pm
Squeedleboink!!!!!!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2005 08:07 pm
<if he didn't hear that ...>

ok ok - just for you. but I may need a note ... he's a newlywed and all.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2005 08:11 pm
I barely know squeedle or he me, but a friendly hug if the subject comes up..
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 02:57 am
ehBeth wrote:
Hooray! just connected with Squeedleboink. He'll likely be coming into town en famille on Sunday! whoooooooohoooooooooooo.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Frank, what time is good for The Frying Pan? would it be too early to get there around 5 <I think I'd like to get there before sundown>. The Chelsea Market timing works backward by a few hours from when we're going to The Frying Pan.

The earlier we get to the Pan...the better. It is starting to get cooler...and sunset is coming earlier.

I'd suggest getting to the Pan about 4 actually.

We can meet at the Market sometime around 2 pm...????
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 04:44 am
Okey - official meet time for Chelsea Market is 2 p.m., with arrival at The Frying Pan planned for 4 p.m.

The flower market is at/toward the front of the market, so I'll loiter around there around 2. I will probably be in the area earlier, to make sure I get some of that fabulous chocolate milk.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 06:50 am
Chelsea Market at two.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 10:27 am
OK, Saturday night it is..........Frank's bringing the duck.......yum. If anyone wants to bring something, let me know what it is and I'll plan accordingly.

Thanks Frank. I'll PM.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 10:37 am
What is that hideous thing that ehbeth is using for an avatar?! Yeeecccchhhhh!!! It's making me sick!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 11:48 am
You don't like Pooh's Hallowe'en costume?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 12:29 pm
Of course I like that one. It was that hideous monster you were adorning yourself with yesterday that made me sick.
0 Replies

bree

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 12:30 pm
I was just talking to a friend who saw the Russia exhibit at the Guggenheim over the weekend, and she mentioned a couple of things it might be useful for you guys to know ahead of time:

The exhibit is arranged in such a way that the best way to see it is by starting at the bottom and working your way up the ramp. That's the opposite direction from the one I usually take when I visit the Guggenheim, so I probably would have done it the wrong way. Of course, you guys may want to be contrarians and start at the end, in which case I say, whatever works for you.

The admission charge for the Guggenheim is now the outrageous sum of $18 -- and unlike the Met, where the admission charge is just a suggested amount, at the Guggenheim they won't let you in if you don't pay the full amount. Not much you can do about it, I suppose, but at least if you know about it in advance, you'll have time to get over your sticker shock before the day.
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 01:08 pm
kickycan wrote:
Of course I like that one. It was that hideous monster you were adorning yourself with yesterday that made me sick.

Was that you Kicky? Confused

http://www.pix8.net/pro/pic/19502g12A1/666764.jpg
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 01:29 pm
Quote:
You don't like Pooh's Hallowe'en costume?

I like the costume and the old fashioned spelling of "Hallowe'en".

Bree--

Thanks for the warning. I'd have zipped to the top.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 02:17 pm
<I didn't know there was another accepted spelling>

Next week!
Next week!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 03:12 pm
AngeliqueEast wrote:
kickycan wrote:

Was that you Kicky? Confused

http://www.pix8.net/pro/pic/19502g12A1/666764.jpg

Yes, it was. Scary!!!

Oh, by the way, I'd like to suggest another activity for you walkers, if you haven't already filled up your schedule completely. A walk across the Brooklyn Bridge as the sun is going down is truly amazing. I did it yesterday, and even on a cloudy gray day, it was totally cool. It only takes about twenty minutes to walk each way, and the view of Manhattan from the Brooklyn side is something to see. Do it if you have a chance. You'll love it.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 07:10 pm
So what's the plan to hook up on Saturday? I'm trying for a 7AM bus that will get me in about 9. Where is the meeting place? I can probably get to any location by 10 or 10:30.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 07:11 pm
That's a great thought, Mr. K.

I love City Hall Park, so the bridge walk would be a good excuse to go back to the park.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 07:32 pm
Lurker happy that Green Witch will meet youse...
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 07:34 pm
I'm determined to try - working very hard to tighten up my end of the season chaos here.
0 Replies