Is this girl starting to like me or does it look like she wants to be friends?

Reply Wed 13 Dec, 2017 08:19 am
I asked this girl out at work that I knew a little(I know you shouldn't ask a coworker out but neither one of us expect to stay long). She said she was pretty busy with school and her two jobs doing took this as uninterested and moved on. About a week later she asked for my Snapchat. We have talked everyday throughout the day plus every night and have been best friends on Snapchat for about a month. I did ask her a little bit after giving her my Snapchat where we stood. She said just friends and that she isn't really looking for a relationship but things have picked up since then and I don't want to ask again. She has also sent me a friend request on Facebook, added me on Spotify, and gave me her number but says Snapchat is the main way she likes to talk. If she isn't wearing makeup she'll kind of hide her face or take half a face picture but if she's wearing makeup or dresses nice she'll make sure to get a good picture of her. Most girls that I've talked to over Snapchat that I was just friends with don't hid their face when they aren't wearing makeup but I don't know. I'm not sure really sure if she is interested or she just wants to be friends. I think I'll just let her make a move if she is but I just wanted to know if it sounded like she interested or not and could move from there.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 797 • Replies: 14
No top replies

najmelliw

Reply Wed 13 Dec, 2017 08:56 am
@Qwerty0977,
Qwerty0977 wrote:

I'm not sure really sure if she is interested or she just wants to be friends. I think I'll just let her make a move if she is but I just wanted to know if it sounded like she interested or not and could move from there.

Qwerty0977 wrote:

She said just friends and that she isn't really looking for a relationship but things have picked up since then and I don't want to ask again.

Seems like your instincts are right. She said no relation, so keep that as your guiding line. At the very least, wait until one of the jobs is over with, since she said she was pretty busy.

As far as the makeup goes: there are many girls out there who don't feel they present well without makeup. Jenna Marbles(YouTube) is an example of one. So I wouldn't read too much into that.
Qwerty0977

Reply Wed 13 Dec, 2017 09:41 am
@najmelliw,
She is done with one of her jobs now. She just has the one we both have. I was thinking that one reason she didn't want a relationship was because she didn't know me well enough and that's why she has been talking a lot to me to get to know me. I don't know though.
najmelliw

Reply Wed 13 Dec, 2017 09:45 am
@Qwerty0977,
Well, if one of the jobs is gone, then it seems that you have a valid in to ask her out on a date. If you chat a lot, you probably have an idea of what she likes to do by now, so ask her out on something she likes to do(preferably something you like as well, of course), and then see how she responds.
Qwerty0977

Reply Wed 13 Dec, 2017 10:10 am
@najmelliw,
Alright I'll talk to her tonight and see if there's a day we can do something. Thanks
najmelliw

Reply Wed 13 Dec, 2017 10:16 am
@Qwerty0977,
Good luck!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 13 Dec, 2017 10:30 am
@Qwerty0977,
Try to suggest a very casual get-together. Don't call it a date. Try not to think of it as a date.

Look at it as getting together with a friend.

Friends can go out for coffee/movie without it being a date.

If she doesn't want to go out for a non-date, it'll be pretty obvious that she's not even into super-casual at this point. If she'll go for a coffee or a movie (try to do it on an afternoon, in a setting that involves no alcohol), you'll be a step closer to friendship and then maybe a relationship. Don't rush it.
Qwerty0977

Reply Wed 13 Dec, 2017 11:08 am
@ehBeth,
Yeah that's a good idea. If we do go out and do something I'll just treat it like going out with a friend. If there is something more there I'll let her be the one to advance it. Thank you.
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Wed 13 Dec, 2017 01:13 pm
@Qwerty0977,
Qwerty0977 wrote:
I think I'll just let her make a move if she is

That line of thinking will keep you as her friend and nothing more.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 13 Dec, 2017 01:58 pm
@Krumple,
Disagree.
Krumple

Reply Wed 13 Dec, 2017 02:22 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

Disagree.

You can disagree all you want.

The point is what is his motivation? Is he truly just wanting to be her friend or does he want a romantic relationship with her? If he wants more from her then why exhibit the same behavior as just being her friend? Is it so she will eventually give in and develop romantic interest in him? By wearing her down sort of speak, she will eventually see him as more than just a friend?

Don't get me wrong here. There is nothing wrong with him being her friend. Or that she only wants him as a friend and nothing more. Nothing at all wrong with that. But lets be honest here. What is his "goal", does he want a romantic relationship from her? If he does, does she want a romantic relationship from him? If no, then continuing to behave as a friend even though he secretly wants more from her, then isn't that an odd thing?

My point is. If he wants a romantic relationship from her, he should behave that way. Otherwise he is no different than her friends. I understand the connection of friendship is a great foundation for a romantic relationship. But why would that situation be what she is actually looking for? Maybe she wants a guy who is more "aggressive" than just "sneaking" in the friendship route? He isn't exhibiting any confidence in what he wants. So why would she decide to change the friendship into a romantic one? She wouldn't.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 13 Dec, 2017 02:33 pm
@Krumple,
She doesn't want a romantic relationship.

She seems to possibly be open to the idea of friendship. Sometimes friendship stays as friendship. Sometimes it develops into something else.

Worst case there - they both have a friend they didn't have before.

Maybe she doesn't like aggressive guys who push romance at the wrong time. Maybe she wants to be the one that makes the decision about when to move to something more.

Worst case if he pushes romance when she's not even a sure thing re friendship? he doesn't have a friend or a romantic potential.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 13 Dec, 2017 02:35 pm
@Krumple,
Krumple wrote:
v He isn't exhibiting any confidence in what he wants. So why would she decide to change the friendship into a romantic one?

maybe she prefers a person who lets her decide to make the change

many of us do
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Wed 13 Dec, 2017 02:55 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

She doesn't want a romantic relationship.

She seems to possibly be open to the idea of friendship. Sometimes friendship stays as friendship. Sometimes it develops into something else.

Worst case there - they both have a friend they didn't have before.

Maybe she doesn't like aggressive guys who push romance at the wrong time. Maybe she wants to be the one that makes the decision about when to move to something more.

Worst case if he pushes romance when she's not even a sure thing re friendship? he doesn't have a friend or a romantic potential.

Maybe, maybe, and maybe.

But what if he wants a romantic relationship with her and she never wants one with him? What if? Is he wasting his time hoping she will want one? Sure he can enjoy their friendship. I'm not saying that is bad. But if he wants a romantic relationship and she never intends for one. Then by continuing to hope she will leaves him without.

Because he would be focused on her coming around. Wouldn't it be better if he knew for certain she is never going to have such feelings for him? That way he can find it somewhere else? Rather than HOPE the entire time that she will eventually develop romantic feelings for him?

I think he is better off behaving as a romantic interest rather than just a friend. If she doesn't like it, he can at least move on. The friendship can be repaired if she gets annoyed by it. But how much potential time can he waste holding onto hope that she will develop feelings for him? It's worth the risk.
Qwerty0977

Reply Wed 13 Dec, 2017 04:05 pm
@Krumple,
Both of you make valid points. I think what I'll do though is keep letting her know that I'm interested with her making the final decision. She knows how I feel about her doing think if I put too much pressure on her it will just push her away. At the same time I can't concede any indication that I want to take things beyond friendship with her because then it might look like I wasn't that interested or being friends is good enough. I'll keep trying until I get a for sure not interested answer from her. From there Ivan move on and be happy just being friends with her. That's why I think inviting her out is a good idea. If she truly isn't interested in dating me she won't want to go out, try and make it a group hangout, or just act casual. By doing this I'm letting her decide whether it's a date or just friends hanging out. I'll just assume the latter but gauge her reaction if a throw in small elements of a date in there.
0 Replies