This goes against everything I have learned... but,

littlek

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 06:56 pm
So, shewolf - did you have the car? Did she sleep?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 07:11 pm
Yes, I'm curious too.

Meanwhile reading this thread made me realize I have a car why the #@%! aren't I using it??, and we had a great day at the zoo.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 07:25 pm
sozobe--

At the zoo there are very few germs--you could worry about avian flu, but that would be a stretch.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 07:30 pm
It was absolutely fantastic -- she didn't touch a single kid, not a single kid touched her, and we had the whole building to ourselves several times. Will write more about it on what made you smile 'cause a lot did.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 08:46 pm
Wow, great suggestion Noddy.
I wish i would have read that before today. :-(

Well, today was MUCH BETTER then yesterday as the roofers were on the complete opposite side of the house as bean's playroom and bed room are.
I did not get the car. i was so tired last night that I didnt hear hubbys alarm go off in the morning to get up with him. But I did have the sence to take the stroller out of the car before I went to bed , just in case.
Well that just in case happened so what I did was take her for 2 walks. One in the morning as the men were setting up so that she could see the equipment, touch things etc..like she did before. And then another one about an hour before scheduled nap time. We went to the park and she played in the sand, I put her in a swing, let her crawl in the grass... got her good and tired. She was asleep by the time we returned home. The walk to the park is about 20-30 mintues. I got her home and as easily as I can ( im pretty short and she is almost 3 ft long and 24 lbs Laughing) carried her up the stairs and laid her in her bed. She slept for an hour after we got home. :-) :-)
NOW.. having conquered the nap time, she was still edgy today with the noise, but no where NEAR like she was yesterday. She was able to actually relax a little and play. She even crawled away from me and played for a few minutes across the room : shock: wich she refused to do yesterday.
They got a big part of the roof done and only have about 1 1/2 days of work left ( most of that clean up ) and they wont be back until Monday , unlike what I thought... they were going to work straight through.
So this weekend will be bang free and stress free for the little lady. ( sigh )
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 09:42 pm
Oh, that's great news! (Stress free weekend.)

The only downside is that she might be newly stressed on Monday -- as in, she was starting to get used to it, and rather than picking up from where she left off, she might have to get used to it all over again (though it will probably go more quickly.)

Glad the walk worked out (I was about to yell at you for not getting the car... ;-))
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 09:46 pm
and the walk could be part of Bean's new routine

trying to find the upside of the downside here
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 09:49 pm
Laughing

I couldnt believe that I didnt hear his alarm go off either. It wasnt untl almost 730 when bean woke up that I realized... hey... hubby is gone.. then i was startled to find out it was later then i thought and he had left to work almost 2 hrs ago!!! Laughing
I usually ALWAYS wake with him. I was so worn out and so .. just.. tired, I missed it. ( sigh)
Maybe that is why I had the idea to take the stroller out of the car the night before. hehe
0 Replies