Factors of keeping a good relation...,Interests and Common?

far

Reply Thu 13 Jan, 2005 01:55 am
Hi,

I used to have a relation ship for 3 years, at start it was great... then I started to feel that the relation was really getting boring, then I realize that I couldn't stay any more, we had nothing in interest or in common, after some time I have met a girl that made my realize and feel allot of things, she made me laugh, spend a great time together which I didn't have with my xxx.

My question is:

1. is it true that a couple should have more interests and common in order for the relation ship to last?

2. As you all know, at the begging of every relationship, you do have allot of nice time together, what are the factors that could make a relation last with happiness?

Thanks.... I have allot of question to ask, I am too negative with life and human.. You might help me out?

Thanks allot.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 884 • Replies: 5
No top replies

almach1

Reply Thu 13 Jan, 2005 02:30 am
Your case is so classic. just be happy you didn't get married and figure it out later.
0 Replies

far

Reply Thu 13 Jan, 2005 04:58 am
Well yes, but a good relation ship leads to marriage, so it would be nice to know how to maintain it.
0 Replies

shaddix

Reply Thu 13 Jan, 2005 10:18 pm
Why isn't there a class in high school on this stuff? why does almost everyone have to either go through that common interests thing or the pretending to change for the other person thing in their first/early relationships.. what makes a marriage last is the people loving each other, accepting the differences and accepting any change, common intrests are trivial, there are thousands of things people have intrests in but have not discovered yet, that should never be an issue, people need clear definitions of self and psychological and physical boundaries and acceptance of oneself and their partner, i could go on and on and on and on and on and on and on, i know i'm leaving something out, but hopefully this will address a few of your concerns, take care
0 Replies

VooDoo

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2005 05:13 am
Re: Factors of keeping a good relation...,Interests and Comm
far wrote:
2. As you all know, at the begging of every relationship, you do have allot of nice time together, what are the factors that could make a relation last with happiness?

I suspect having fun, respect and chemistry might have something to do with the longevity of happiness together.
0 Replies

saintabby

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2005 11:18 am
I agree with VooDoo--- there needs to be a balance of all things-- respect, committment, love, having fun, shared interests... and a hell of a lot more. It's when it gets off kilter that problems result. Balance is key.
0 Replies