Old relationship flashbacks

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2005 09:54 am
Ever suddenly remember someone you had totally forgotten you had a relationship with? I just had a flashback to a guy I dated in college. My first thought was "What was I thinking!" and my second thought was "thank god I never slept with him". Am I the only one that is completely horrified by my past taste in men/boys?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,203 • Replies: 20
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2005 09:56 am
Quote:
I the only one that is completely horrified by my past taste in men/boys?

Hey, that's what I think about my 1st husband! Laughing
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2005 09:57 am
Usually my flashbacks include "I wonder how he's doing....." I didn't do anything too insane and I accept all decisions regarding boyfriends so I am usually ok. Just wonder how they are sometimes.....
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2005 10:00 am
Flashbacks, thing's that make ya go hmmm. I get them, a couple do make me roll my eyes, but you live and learn.

I can talk and am friends with most of my X's.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2005 10:05 am
It's the ones that never quite made it to boyfriend status -- perhaps drunken makeout partners -- that give me the biggest creeps. Oh well, there's no making up for a poor upbringing, I guess.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2005 10:09 am
FreeDuck wrote:
Oh well, there's no making up for a poor upbringing, I guess.

Now stop that you! People that have a challenged upbringing end up with colorful and interesting personalities, as opposed to vanilla-like.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2005 10:17 am
Console yourself by thinking, if it was what you wanted to do at the time then its absolutely fine.

Ive never regretted any serious relationships but like another post its the 'phew, thank God it didnt go further' factor that makes me think yuck.
And yes, looking back I do think 'what was I thinking!!!!'
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2005 10:22 am
EW!

See, I was thinking rather sanctimoniously no, no, I liked all of 'em, ooh he was gorgeous, man he was such a good kisser, then <sound of record scratching> YUCK!! Oh I forgot all about him blech blech ptooie!

So, yeah.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2005 10:25 am
Exactly! There are a few I like to think about, and then there are these others that I'd blocked out of my memory. I wonder what makes them come back.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2005 10:28 am
I have an unfair and opposite problem.
When i want to think of my nice ex's I cant get a decent fantasy going.
Oh its been so long!!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2005 10:30 am
Well, what made this guy come back is your question.

Is that a prosecutable offense?

<shaking head briskly... not working... must seek distraction...>

Gawd he was yucky. I was 16, I was dumb. I was impressed by things like a black belt in martial arts. He sent me roses saying, "Let's get in touch" (with exactly that much emphasis.) Oh, barf.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2005 10:34 am
Laughing Well, that makes me feel better.

I was 19 and was impressed with any guy who was impressed with me. I'm not even sure I remember what was so yuck about him, other than the fact that he used to blow pot smoke in my face. This was at a time when I wasn't interested in smoking pot and had clearly told him so.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2005 10:34 am
You girls are making me chuckle! I never fantasize about my X's, hmmmm.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2005 10:37 am
FreeDuck wrote:
Laughing Well, that makes me feel better.

I was 19 and was impressed with any guy who was impressed with me. I'm not even sure I remember what was so yuck about him, other than the fact that he used to blow pot smoke in my face. This was at a time when I wasn't interested in smoking pot and had clearly told him so.[/[/color]quote]

I've had guys do that to me also, and I didn't smoke. There must be something entertaining about watching a non-smoker get DAFFY!

bastids Laughing
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2005 10:42 am
I have done that too.
I have had times when driving, or in the store, or just doing something silly, Someone pops into my mind and the result is usually one of the typical -Oh GOD how could I have... , or WOW he was hot, or hmm... i rememeber he was ( ____ insert dirty thought here ___) hehe

usually i dont get upset by my choices of men in my past. Simply because they are just that.. PAST.At the times I made the decisions to date them, they were what was right for me . I am not the same person anymore so I wont choose those type of people again.
But.. remembering them is usually good for a laugh or two. ;-)
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2005 10:48 am
shewolfnm wrote:

But.. remembering them is usually good for a laugh or two. ;-)

Yup, I either laugh, cringe, raise eyebrows, shrug shoulders. When I think about my 13 year marriage I mostly wish we could have made it work. I tried so hard for a long time.

But, I was lucky to have someone for that long. Some folks never get married or have children, and I've experienced both. I shall count my blessings :-)
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2005 11:18 am
Indeed. Thank God we live in a society that allows women to choose their husbands. Can you imagine if one of your yucks ended up being your husband? Yikes. A whole life down the tubes.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2005 11:20 am
eww... bad thought.
and even worse thought.. your parents would arrange the marriage so they could gain financial stability from it.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2005 12:08 pm
Phoenix--

I'm with you. The First Mr. Noddy was a doozie.

After the divorce he married a very intelligent, witty woman who faced the problems of Instant Stepmotherhood with considerable style and common sense.

When her father died, I took advantage of the occasion to send her a sincere sympathy card.
0 Replies

BorisKitten

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2005 01:02 pm
I was just recently thinking of a boy I dated in college (more'n 20 years ago now) and what I regret is not that he was Pond Scum, but that he was a really nice person, and I hurt him badly. Why? Because I thought he was boring.

He was sort of soft, tearful, flabby in body, but very kind and tender. I remember he adored John Lennon, and I thought he was an idiot for that.

Just the other day I had a flashback of him crying in the school cafeteria when I dumped him. I was his first sexual relationship, and he was Far from mine. If I could apologize to him now, I would. He didn't deserve my treatment of him.
0 Replies