help sex drive clash is affecting our relationship

hubi

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 07:10 pm
Hi there this is the first time I have ever posted a note I just don't know were to get advice on this matter.
I have been married for 8 years and I have a daughter to my wife aged 3, I met my wife (who I will call Paula) at work were we started on the same day after a few week I noticed that she was not happy with her home life (she always changed the subject if her boyfriend was talked about or what she did last night) at that time we was not an item just friends, I then found out that her boyfriend was beating and raping her I was so scared for her I said I would help her any way I could but she needed to go to the police and leave him ASAP and if need be she could stay at my house, the police was involved and she moved into my house, 4 days later the ex-boyfriend turned up to the house and beat me and Paula then smashed up the house the police didn't come for 1hr after the attack, I then found out from the police that he is a head case he was arrested for A.B.h to a POLICE OFFICER & MALE NURSE in a hospital, now I am not a weed but I am not a fighter and didn't want to live the rest of my life like that so we moved.
We started to became closer and then we just could not leave each other alone, I feel deeply in love with her and she was in love with me we were so happy, friends would say slow down it's a doctors and nurses syndrome it will not last, what did they know we got married 7 months after.
But now there is a problem we have had a very good sex life until about 6 months ago,
Paula Is acting different she is turning cold on me, but I still have a very high sex drive and it is starting to affect our relationship, I have always had a low esteem but now I feel rejected, I don't hit her or harm her in any way but I do find my self getting very angry and saying thing that I don't like, I have talked to her about this and she says she still loves me but just isn't in the mood or is too tired, so I helped around the house more (we both work full time and my daughter goes to nursery full time) I even stayed up till 3am one night cleaning so we could come in the next day and relax but when the next day came I bathed and put to bed the baby made a meal and Paula sat and watched TV, we then went to bed were Paula did her cross word book for 45 mins and then turned over and went to sleep, I said "is that it love you going to sleep" she replied "oh sorry I will be more in the mood tomorrow " I was disappointed but left it.
The next day same again she never lifted a finger we went to bed I was horny as hell, we watched TV a bit then she turned kissed me good night turned over and went to sleep, It sounds daft but I could not control my anger and stormed out of the bed room telling her that I was sick of the cold shoulder and would sleep in another room I thought that she would come in and say sorry but nothing, the next day she acted if nothing was wrong she even asked me if I slept well I didn't reply….
So is it me? I need advise from any one who as been through the same thing or females that have been the same to there husbands thanks for your time.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 860 • Replies: 2
No top replies

BorisKitten

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 11:00 pm
Hi hubi, and welcome! I'm a female, 43, also married 8 years now.

Seems to me sex is one of the first things to go when something goes wrong in a relationship (though no doubt others would disagree!)

My guess is something is bothering her, and she hasn't told you about it.

Do you talk often? Could you gently ask her if something is happening which might be affecting her sexual feelings for you? You'd have to pick a safe and quiet time to ask this, I think, but it's certainly worth talking about.

If she says "Nothing is wrong," you might want to tell her the things you've told us here, just to remind her that it's really clear something IS wrong. I wouldn't let it go without getting some kind of answer, but this could take days or weeks. Clearly you've talked about it somewhat, but I think you really need to find out more from her before doing anything.

I would think your feelings are hurt, and you feel angry. Most people would feel hurt and angry. So talking calmly might be difficult. You only need to put your bad feelings aside long enough to find out what's going on with her. And I'd imagine it would be worth the effort, as it sounds like things were great until fairly recently.

Other folks here will no doubt have better/different ideas, so please keep checking back. Wish you the best of luck! Smile
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Thu 13 Jan, 2005 06:59 pm
Hubi
Did you have to call her Paula? Shocked Sorry. Communication is the most important aspect of a relationship, I'm sure you knew that, so when one partner cannot convey/communicate and is acting differently, I say go to a marriage councilor asap. There is no shame in it at all (some people are dead set against it)
Perhaps she would prefer to talk to another woman, not that the problem lies with you, just sometimes it's best to talk to a trained professional that is not emotionally involved.
You can both go to the first visit together and then have seperate appointments if thats better.
I would suggest a female councilor. If you have insurance they will most likely pay.
0 Replies