patiodog

Reply Wed 18 Nov, 2009 09:13 pm
@ossobuco,
And I misused "your." We've all our faults, major or minor, and some of which are in fact virtues.

The lasses in the show told the landlord that the lad was a poofter so that he could live in the apartment.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 18 Nov, 2009 09:17 pm
@patiodog,
Ah..
so.....
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 19 Nov, 2009 05:59 am
@littlek,
Quote:
We have a bite from a Swiss Woman
that really oughtta be treated before it gets infected...
msolga

Reply Thu 19 Nov, 2009 06:11 am
@Region Philbis,
Laughing
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 19 Nov, 2009 06:16 am
@patiodog,
PATIO!!!!!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 19 Nov, 2009 03:56 pm
Thanks for the humor patio and region. Good to chuckle over this.

I haven't emailed The Irish guy yet. Now I am an ass too.

One more option on the table at the moment. She's coming in less than three hours. I don't know if the One Who Is Moving even knows she's coming (she'd have cleaned up her room). Not a soul has cleaned a speck since last week (when I did it).

I know all this is drama (as Pdawg pointed out a while back) and I know I am being a pain. But, honestly, work is a mess right now, too, and I want home to be peaceful which it clearly is not. Not only has this housemate thing been going on for weeks (to my mind unnecessarily), but a water pipe from our house to the street was just reworked and all our taps had mud spewing out of them. I have some weird allergy to dirt so I stood there for 10 minutes last night, letting the shower run, wondering if I should just skip the shower. I didn't skip the shower and now my face as all lumpy.
dlowan

Reply Thu 19 Nov, 2009 04:01 pm
@littlek,
Plagues of MUD?

Good grief.

Hope the one coming shortly is the ONE.
littlek

Reply Thu 19 Nov, 2009 04:10 pm
@dlowan,
Well, not so much a plague as a flushing. The water was opaque and dark brown and gritty, but it wasn't slow-moving.

I do too, Dlowan - she's an acceptable age to both of us.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Thu 19 Nov, 2009 04:42 pm
@littlek,
littlek wrote:
Not a soul has cleaned a speck since last week (when I did it).

Why am I not surprised?

You could move in with me, you know -- my apartment hasn't had a thorough cleaning since I moved in ....
littlek

Reply Thu 19 Nov, 2009 05:11 pm
To be honest, I'm not that keen on cleaning. And Moving One cleans as much than or more than I do, regularly. Young One has so far cleaned (sort of) the kitchen (only) twice in almost 3 months.

I just think we can use all primping we can spare to do around the place. What's it been.... 9 people have come to see the place over three (or so) weeks - only one has said they wanted it. For some reason people seem to be a bit more picky at this middle-lease point and I don't know why. Our stats are usually more like 1:3, not 1:9.
dlowan

Reply Thu 19 Nov, 2009 05:13 pm
@Thomas,
Dead physicist walking!
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Thu 19 Nov, 2009 05:29 pm
@littlek,
littlek wrote:
To be honest, I'm not that keen on cleaning.

Bummer -- well, it was worth a try. (And don't you listen to dlowan!)

littlek wrote:
I just think we can use all primping we can spare to do around the place.

If that's what you think, I defer to your judgment. My smartass remarks notwithstanding, I know next to nothing about flat-sharing-community dynamics or presenting an apartment. So I'll shut up now and just cross my fingers for you.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 19 Nov, 2009 06:04 pm
Now I am just annoyed. Oh joy, her friends are here. They are talking, laughing, and playing the ringtones all at the same time. I wonder if they'll be staying through the showing of the apartment.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 19 Nov, 2009 06:56 pm
@littlek,
You and I are different. I would express my irritation, perhaps or perhaps not making things worse. I sound ferocious, but by and large the people I've lived with have been thoughtful more often than not, and it's rarely come to real growling. But I would probably growl at this.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 19 Nov, 2009 07:06 pm
@littlek,
Well, at least it's not the right phase of the moon for the sacrifices.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 19 Nov, 2009 07:08 pm
Her friends had settled down by the time Swiss woman came to see the place. She's great. I hope she agrees to live with us.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 19 Nov, 2009 07:18 pm
@littlek,
Whew..
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 19 Nov, 2009 08:34 pm
Not sure you should sublet to furriners. I see "He was very quiet and clean, kept to himself. I had no idea he was plotting a coupe d'etat, though in retrospect his putting up a deadbolt on the bedroom door and decorating his walls in detailed topographical maps of missile-silo locations may have been cause for alarm."

(Joke, of course. McVeigh was as Amurrican as Upple Pie.)

Mebbe you should just pick up and move to a nice non-neurotic midwestern town full of regular arborist and meth dealing folk.
roger

Reply Thu 19 Nov, 2009 08:43 pm
@patiodog,
Right. Dag's a furriner, and look how that turned out.
patiodog

Reply Thu 19 Nov, 2009 09:02 pm
@roger,
She moved. To some country no one's ever heard of to do God-knows-what.

I'm telling you, them furriners is bad news.
0 Replies