German migration to Pennsylvania - eighteenth century

christine 1

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 02:08 pm
Confused hmmmmm.....walter.....what happened to your last post....i hoped to comment....to it....and now it's gone....i wanted to say that the official language in pennsylvania was almost german....due to all the germans arriving at philadelphia.....apparently this became a concern of ben franklin also. hmmmm....if that happened i wonder how different, if at all, things might have been in the early days of america.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 02:54 pm
You are referring to the "Mühlenberg legend", I suppose.

Well, I deleted my last post, because I thought, it wasn't really contributing to the theme of this thread. :wink:
0 Replies

christine 1

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 03:08 pm
well, but in a way it did deal with the german migration and what some thought of the inflex of germans to america.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 07:55 pm
Sorry Walter, my mistake.

Its my searching for my roots that I stumbled across those sites. Would like to know more...
0 Replies

rector05

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2005 02:32 pm
hello fellow nerds
wats hanging yo. wats the discusion on dudes. dang about german migration thats radical. this conversation is so right on. i remember back in the day i was in germany everyone was so freaking fine. they needed to shave a little if ya know wat i mean Laughing. any ways i just wanted to say im 73 years old and i can get twice as many girls as anyone that post anything.
0 Replies