should i feel guilty?

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2017 11:44 am
when it was time to get ready for ezams my bf spent a lot of time with me. I would sometimes say that he shhould get ready for them and not spend time with me and other times iwould say come oonnn lets go out, you can get ready for exams some other day.. anyway he didnt get the highest rezults but he passed and is in uni now. but i keep thinking is it my fault that he didnt study more? i feel that i should have pushed him more but at the same time i feel like its up to him and i didnt want to act like his mother and give him orders on what to do... he wanted to spend time with me and i let him.... should i feel bad for him not studying more..?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,552 • Replies: 4
No top replies

chai2

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2017 02:12 pm
@Jusemusepuse,
Do you really think you have that much power over another person to either stop them from doing something, or make them do something, just by what you said?

I suggest you concentrate on deciding your own actions, and stop imagining you can dictate someone else’s.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2017 02:41 pm
Your boyfriend was right where he was, right when he wanted to be. Doubt if you had that much to do with it.

Would you respect him more if he had made his studies a priority?

Maybe you are afraid he doesn't have enough self discipline to survive at Uni.

Is that what really concerns you?
Jusemusepuse

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2017 05:24 am
@PUNKEY,
Maybe yeah.. i think that he gives in to influence and bow i cam see that he has to study for his exams at uni but he is out drinking with friends just bcause they offered to buy him some beer...
PUNKEY

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2017 07:30 am
@Jusemusepuse,
Well, he will wash out after the first semester- and you can proudly say you had nothing to do with that.

Let him show you how focused and responsible he can be.
0 Replies