Goss should not be associated with CIA, says Goss.

woiyo

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 01:56 pm
Goss statement reflect his inability to be HIRED as a CIA AGENT.

""I couldn't get a job with the CIA today. I am not qualified. I don't have the language skills."

IMO, to be the DIRECTOR would require superior management skills, not the ability to speak Arabic, or using a PC.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 02:04 pm
We've had this conversation before on A2K...
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 02:17 pm

Thanks McG.
I don't think that I was around for that thread...
I'm currently reading it now.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 02:24 pm
Just compare your analysis of the appointment from here:

McGentrix wrote:
It's true, if Goss tried to gain an entry level position in the CIA, he would probably be turned down. Fortuneatly for him though, director is not an entry level position and requires him to have a different skill set than what an entry level position would require.

And compare the language used by Bush himself:

Quote:
The work of the CIA is vital to our security. America faces determined enemies who plan in many nations, send trained killers to live among us, and attack without warning. This threat is unprecedented, and to stop them from killing our citizens, we must have the best intelligence possible....

Quote:
I've given Porter an essential mission to lead the agency for the challenges and threats of a dangerous new century. He is well prepared for this mission. Porter Goss brings a broad experience to this critical job. He's a former Army intelligence officer with a decade of experience in the CIA's clandestine service. He knows the agency, and he knows what is needed to strengthen it. He understands the importance of human intelligence. He was a CIA field officer on two continents. He'll make sure that the men and women of the CIA have the capabilities and skills they need to penetrate the hard targets and denied areas, and to get to know the enemy first hand. He also knows the importance of investing in technologies that allow us to look and listen better. And he will work to ensure the agency remains on the cutting edge of technologicalchange.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 02:24 pm
double post
*edited*
0 Replies