help me please with this

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2005 03:43 pm
can anyone help me with these question. PLEASE if its you that cant help please email me at [email protected]

im doin my nvq level 2 in care

i need help with these

explain at least 3 key pionts to remember when supporting a client to cumsume food. include dignity, carer-client interaction, individual ect

why might it be necessary to monitor and record the intake of food and drink? how do you ensure this information is recorded accuratly

please email back asap
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 908 • Replies: 9
No top replies

nells1961

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2005 05:01 pm
could you explain more please. I am 43 years old with swallowing issuess. Just a bit unclear as to what it is you need if i can help i will.
0 Replies

natasha19

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2005 05:07 pm
well
sum thing lke dignity like talkin to client when feeding so that client knows what im doin ect. that would be interaction as well ect things like that if i had to feed you what would u what to try and keep ur dignity ect.
0 Replies

natasha19

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2005 05:09 pm
and recod and monitor it would be if u seen a client loss weight want would u do ect
0 Replies

nells1961

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2005 05:16 pm
Well if you were feeding me, i would want you to keep talking to me about anything . This helps with any embarassement to me,it distracts me from losing any dignity i have left.

Next point lossing weight i would encourge the client to monitor if the person could everything they do eat, and encourage them like saying you ate well today or you did not to bad. Even if they have'nt.

Get back to you with more,hope this is ok so far.
0 Replies

natasha19

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 05:46 am
that did help loads i just need abit more thanks
0 Replies

jason35

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 05:23 pm
Re: help me please with this
natasha19 wrote:
can anyone help me with these question. PLEASE if its you that cant help please email me at [email protected]

im doin my nvq level 2 in care

i need help with these

explain at least 3 key pionts to remember when supporting a client to cumsume food. include dignity, carer-client interaction, individual ect

why might it be necessary to monitor and record the intake of food and drink? how do you ensure this information is recorded accuratly

please email back asap

1. Always make sure your client is able to chew the food and swallow before giving any more 2. make sure your client has protective clothing if needed. 3. make sure you are feeding the client at a pace that is appropriate to them 4. make sure you explain to the client what they are eating.

It would be necessary to record clients intake if they are ill, loosing weight, may be they have a catheter and the client fluid intake needs to be monitored. The only way of doing this accurately is record amounts taken i.e 200mls of tea taken, eat small medium or large meal, and it is important that you do this without delay so you don't forget etcÂ…
0 Replies

nells1961

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 05:29 pm
Jason thanks you explained it better than i ever could.
0 Replies

jason35

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 05:32 pm
nells1961 wrote:
Jason thanks you explained it better than i ever could.

are you doing your NVQ
0 Replies

nells1961

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 05:35 pm
Natasha hope all goes well for your NVQ level 2 best of luck with it.
0 Replies