American tourist in London

Don1

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2005 07:46 am
AN AMERICAN tourist in London decides to skip his tour group and explore the city on his own.

He wanders around, seeing the sights, and occasionally stopping at a quaint pub to soak up the local culture, chat with the lads, and have a pint of Guinness.

After a while, he finds himself in a very high-class area...big, stately residences... no pubs, no shops, no restaurants, and worst of all... NO PUBLIC TOILETS.

He really, really has to go, after all those pints of Guinness. He finds a narrow side street, with high walls surrounding the adjacent buildings and decides to use the wall to solve his problem.

As he is unzipping, he is tapped on the shoulder by a London Bobbie, who says, "I say, sir, you simply cannot do that here, you know."

"I'm very sorry, officer," replies the American, "but I really, really HAVE TO GO, and I just can't find a public toilet."

"Ah, yes," said the Bobbie, "Just follow me".

He leads him to a back "delivery alley", then along a wall to a gate, which he opens.

"In there," points the Bobbie. "Whiz away SIR, anywhere you want."

The fellow enters and finds himself in the most beautiful garden he has ever seen. Manicured grass lawns, statuary, fountains, sculptured hedges, and huge beds of gorgeous flowers, all in perfect bloom.

Since he has the cop's blessing, he unburdens himself and is greatly relieved. As he goes back through the gate, he says to the Bobbie "That was really decent of you... is that what you call "British Hospitality?"

"No sir", replied the Bobbie, "that is what we call the French Embassy."
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 778 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Francis

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2005 12:51 pm
We have some of this kind for other nationalities, Americans and Brits included!
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2005 01:45 pm
Smile
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2005 03:09 pm
a good (and very polite) friend visited in britain for the first time two years ago. he wandered off when he and his wife and friends were in some small city. he desperately neede to go to the 'loo' - but couldn't bring himself to use that word. so - being a polite canadian - he inquired about the availability of ' a restroom'. after some quizzical looks he finally found a local who led him to the local library and told him ; "there are some chairs here, have a rest" . still LOL ! hbg
0 Replies