Can't get over it.

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2017 12:03 pm
I am a 29 year old male. I have a girlfriend of 7 years and 2 children. A year before I met my new girlfriend I had sex with this girl that hung around some of the people I associated with. She even dated one of them. She was really hot but had a reputation of being a hoe so I tried not to get involved with her. After her asking me several time to have sex and even having one of her friends call me on the phone and asked if I was gay because I wouldn't have sex with her. One night I was drinking and we all were hanging out and we both ended up being the last ones awake. She came on to me and we started to have sex. As soon as we did I regreted the decision so it ended quick and was not good for either of us. I know I did this to my self and it sucks. The next day she told everyone how shitty it was and I had people for the next year allways bringing it up and it made me look pretty bad. Since that night I never talked to her again because of all the bad stuff she said about me. I still think about all the people that asked me about it. It really put a dent in my ego especially being a male. I'm thankful for my beautiful girl and child I have now but I allways get paranoid around the people's she told. Allways thinking she still tells people about it even though it's been 8 years. I wish I would of told her off or asked her why she had to tell everyone. Maybe it's because I had no closure. Any advice. I just need some push to put this behind me. I don't think it's a good idea now after so long to tell her how she hurt me.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 1,670 • Replies: 4
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2017 01:28 pm
@Frank Garret,
Frank Garret wrote:
I had people for the next year allways bringing it up

she's an asshole

they're assholes

I hope you're hanging around with a better class of people now. There's no upside to talking to any of them again - ever.

You are right to focus on your family.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2017 01:31 pm
@Frank Garret,
Frank Garret wrote:
I know I did this to my self and it sucks. The next day she told everyone how shitty it was and I had people for the next year allways bringing it up and it made me look pretty bad.

what?

you didn't do this to yourself - you did it for yourself. you realized what the smart decision was and did the right thing.

if it should ever come up again - from anyone else or in your own mind - remember that you smartened up and realized ******* her was a mistake and got out (literally) fast. that's a good thing - not a bad thing.
ossobucotemp

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2017 01:57 pm
@ehBeth,
Yes, I say, to both of ehBeth's replies.

I would say, as I think she has said, walk it back and appreciate yourself.

You may need some counseling to stiffen up your resolve since you've been dealing with this batch of misery. Or maybe not.

People can be damned mean and damned wrong at the same time.

Appreciate yourself.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2017 02:26 pm
Most likely this girl's reputation is/was such that no one really took her serious.

Your 20 year old ego was hurt because most guys that age want to be known as "studly" and she told people the opposite.

Now - 9 years later, you still give that talk some power over your life.

Learn to laugh at this. It means nothing now and will only decrease in importance as you get older.
0 Replies