Should I stay?

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2017 07:40 am
my girlfriend that im currently with just got out of a 16 year marriage 8 months ago. i asked her if she was given the opportunity to work things out with him would she amd leave me? and she's pregnant with my kid i must add. amd she said maybe. should i stay with her? Please help. I’m so confused. I know I should for the baby but she never told me this before we got together or anything
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 650 • Replies: 4
No top replies

najmelliw

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2017 10:00 am
@Jakehite12 ,
16 Years equals a lot of baggage, and you can't just leave that behind willy nilly. Of course she has still feelings: they don't just disappear when the marriage ends. Besides, hormones kick into high gear when a woman is pregnant, so I wouldn't base a decision as momentous as leaving the mother of your unborn child based on a statement like that, especially since she said MAYBE, not DEFINITELY.

Mind you, you've given the answer yourself: she is pregnant with YOUR kid, so that pretty much nails it.

Look at it this way: if she decides to go back to this guy, the end result is still the same: you'll still be separated. But at least then, you won't have to live with the guilt of having abandoned her and your kid: she'll have that guilt to deal with instead.

Jakehite12

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2017 10:10 am
@najmelliw,
Yeah, I thought the same thing. I really just needed an opinion about it because it threw me in a loop and my first impression was she’s gonna leave me and our child for him and for something that isn’t gonna work or it would have. But thank you. Good answer
PUNKEY

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2017 02:40 pm
Only 8 months out of a marriage and she got that close to you?

Sorry, but she hadn't even processed that breakup. You may be a "transition" guy.

How did this "what if" scenario come up? Do you deep down fear that she was not over him, and asked the question?

Why would you think he would take her back now that she's involved and pregnant?

The child is the most important thing. Be sure that you step up as a father even if she is not able to be with you.

I hope things wirk out, but prepare yourself.
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2017 09:25 pm
@Jakehite12 ,
Do you really think he'd take her back while she's pregnant with your child?
0 Replies