Why are Canadians so much better than Americans ?

mm25075

Reply Tue 21 Nov, 2017 04:07 pm
@TomFromIsrael,
TomFromIsrael wrote:

They seem to be more accepting and tolerant than Americans. Plus they judge people as individuals not as states. So if they met an Israeli, they wouldn't associate him\her with Bibi Netanyahu or the policies of Israel, unlike Americans who see ALL Israelis in the same bad light.

I am American....I judge people as individuals.

Edit: Why would I see ALL Israel's in the same bad light? Is there something they do that is different?
farmerman

Reply Tue 21 Nov, 2017 04:33 pm
@mm25075,
ummm, this thread is just a goof, relax.

I think all Americans are donut eatin morons, And Canadian are maple donut eatin douche bags
mm25075

Reply Tue 21 Nov, 2017 04:58 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

ummm, this thread is just a goof, relax.

I think all Americans are donut eatin morons, And Canadian are maple donut eatin douche bags

How dare you call this 'merican a donut eatin moron! Twisted Evil

*huffs off all offended like*

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 21 Nov, 2017 05:21 pm
@farmerman,
forget the donuts

give me the maple bacon tater chips (but not the wimpy Kettle ones)

or the poutine ones

give me the good ones!

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/GegW8j4W6Bo/maxresdefault.jpg
farmerman

Reply Tue 21 Nov, 2017 06:05 pm
@ehBeth,
m-m-m-maple b-b-b--bacon, ohmigod im molesting myself
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 21 Nov, 2017 06:08 pm
@ehBeth,
I rmmber yeqr ago, we rented a place off of Deer Isle NB qnd I hqdd buy like 10 bigass bags of Humpty Dumpty Dilly chips. We hqd beer, (I still drank) dilly chips, qnd hot dogs . (And we hqddq ctch fih qnd hunt down samfire or wed have nothing but MT calories
ehBeth

Reply Tue 21 Nov, 2017 06:28 pm
@farmerman,
how about the most important Canajun classic chips ... ketchup!!!!

guaranteed to dye your fingers poison red

but mmmmmm Maple bacon chips

private moment time
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 21 Nov, 2017 06:31 pm
and totally bizarre and delicious

http://www.presidentschoice.ca/en_CA/products/productlisting/pc-world-of-flavours-harissa-hummus-flavour-rippled-potato-chips.html

http://www.presidentschoice.ca/content/dam/lclonline/images/products/hir15/3328981.jpg.thumb.420.420.margin.png

Quote:
Anything but standard party fare, these crunchy rippled potato chips are made with a spicy North African-inspired seasoning. Every bite reveals the delicious flavour combination of creamy hummus spiced with caraway, chili pepper, coriander, cumin,and spearmint.

Set brought them home for me one time and I was ewwwwwwww and then I bit into one. So good. Hard to find but worth the search
ossobucotemp

Reply Tue 21 Nov, 2017 06:41 pm
@ehBeth,
Hummus I know well, make a batch about every three or four months, saved and frozen in ricotta containers. Harissa - I've heard of but am dumb about, only a slight guess that it is 'hot'. On the other hand, my hummus is fairly high on the spicy scale, New Mexico chile is involved.
Humm, spearmint..
ossobucotemp

Reply Tue 21 Nov, 2017 07:07 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Re the initial poster, Canada and the US are vast places.
My irish grandmother and her family arrived and lived in Ontario, and as a kid (I'm now old), I visited the family there. My dad worked there on some assignments, he and my mother living in Ottawa for a while, before I was born. I remember her coat from when she was there, loved it - sort of beige wool tweedy, quite heavy. What happened to it, I don't remember, probably a giveaway when we moved to LA.

I've a2kers I love who are Canadian, across the continent.
Alternately, I know really good Americans, and I'll add Mexicans to that. Also, a world of others.

Our poster needs to catch on that people vary,

I think our poster is a judgmental fool.
0 Replies

ascribbler

Reply Tue 21 Nov, 2017 07:39 pm
@TomFromIsrael,
Quote:
Why are Canadians so much better than Americans ?

Lettuce look passionately at the evidence and then dis.

Canadians freeze better than many ( other North) Americans with a longer ice shelf life and concomitant calving.

Conversely, you see many more one-legged Americans leading to the possibility that they are becoming rapidly more sapid than more vapid.

Yet Canadians are decidedly more moist, some would say almost wildly tantalising, with a pleasantly piquant after-palate.

Bouquets vary widely but brickbats tend to heavily favour Americans.

Baking appears to be especially popular in the American demographic.

Nomnom Tomfrom, always remember if something leaves a bad taste in your mouth, pigs might fly.

farmerman

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2017 04:12 pm
@ascribbler,
Ive never thought of it that way but BY JOVE, youve got it. BRILLIANT!!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2017 04:14 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Quote:
Canada and the US are vast places
Yes but the US is only half-vast
ossobucotemp

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2017 07:05 pm
@farmerman,
We're clearly working on demolishing one of the halves.

Grrrr.
0 Replies

ascribbler

Reply Thu 23 Nov, 2017 11:26 pm
@TomFromIsrael,
In America's north young Tom
With flair , verve , panache and aplomb
Took two moments rarely
To look at once where he
Was going and where he was from
0 Replies

Kolyo

Reply Thu 23 Nov, 2017 11:53 pm
The Montreal Canadiens are an NHL team -- a major league team.

The Rochester Americans are an AHL team -- a minor league team.

So, obviously Montreal is going to be the better team.
Who would even need to ask why?
0 Replies

hoiley

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2017 12:17 pm
@TomFromIsrael,
You're right, many American's do generalize people and judge them accordingly (exactly like you're doing with this post right now, ironically), but this seems to be a human trait rather than an American one. The difference is that most other countries (Canada especially) don't have wealthy and powerful leaders like Donald Trump pandering to those terrible and racist thoughts and even establishing legislature in favor of that dirty mindset (i.e. the wall that won't stop illegal immigration at all and will cost way too much but is important because it makes racist assholes think they're in the right when they judge someone as a "bad hombre" who happens to be speaking Spanish in the super market or the Muslim ban that's "not a Muslim ban" even though he himself called it a Muslim ban to "fight terrorism" even though it doesn't include the countries that are actually responsible for the main attacks referenced in the executive order).

However, I'm a little confused with part of your post, as most Americans I know (being an American myself) actually love Israelis because they're fighting the "evil" Muslims, no one in the general population really seems to care or even know the messed up ways Netanyahu is running the country and lying to the world. As was mentioned in an earlier reply, I don't think you have much experience with Americans.
0 Replies