Girls with only guy friends

almach1

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2005 01:40 pm
I've searched and read posts about weather men and women can be just friends, but I still have my doubts.

I have a friends who is female but she has nothing but male friends. She has two male friends who are both ex b friend's who are her best friends. She has no real close girlfriends. She goes to the movies and dinner with these guys and says they are just friends. I ask her if she kisses or makes out with them and she says no. She used to go out with me and considers me one of her closest best friends although I try really hard to keep things friends only. For instance, we split food bills and pay for our own stuff. She is poor and in college and thinks these guys really are "just her friends' even though they pay for all her stuff and take her out. I tell her that the day they give up on her romantically is the day she has no friends left. She says that she can't understand why they can't all be friends because some guys have stopped talking to her after she breaks up with them. she always says, "that if they really loved her, that they would still be just her friend." She has the habit of going out with guys romantically and trying to keep them as her best friends after she tells them,"let's just be friends."
I'm trying to give her better advice. I tell her to get friends that are girls, that way there are no complications. I just want to know, what does this tell you about the type of girl she is. She is a great girl who even I think about getting back with sometimes.

Do you guys think that she will ever find any regular friends who are guys?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 781 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Crazielady420

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2005 01:48 pm
I'd say she sounds like a normal girl to me. I am 20 and almost all my friends are guys and I am friends with most of my ex's. I'd say I have one close girl friend and a few girls I socialize with.

Most girls tend to get along with guys better then girls. GIRLS BRING DRAMA, even though we hate it. I would rather hang out with all of my guy friends every night then hang with the girls.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2005 02:18 pm
Her system seems to work for her. Why does it bother you?
0 Replies

superjuly

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2005 02:20 pm
Re: Girls with only guy friends
almach1 wrote:

Do you guys think that she will ever find any regular friends who are guys?

Define regular friends...
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2005 02:33 pm
I like guys better for a few reasons:

Guys will not gossip behind your back like girls. They just tell you out right.

Guys are far easier going.

You can fart, burp and make otherwise disgusting bodily noises with your guy friends and he doesn't think you are a total pig.

Guys are better able to keep a secret.

You've always got someone to defend you against the freaky, wanting-to-rub-up-agianst-you-all-night guy.

Guys give better hugs.

Their shoulders are bigger so you've got more to cry on.

They act like complete idiots and don't care...which is what we women long to do but never feel we can....so with the guys, you can act however you want and it's funny, not embarrassing.

Very Happy
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2005 02:36 pm
I like guys a lot and have always had a high percentage of guy friends but I do NOT let them pay for anything! That's the part that strikes me as weird.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2005 02:37 pm
all of what kristie said..
except..
i love gay men for friends. LORD! they are the best.

I personally see no problem with a woman having 90% male friends. If her male friends decide not to be her friend because she wont sleep with them then that is HELPING her not hurting her .. right?
I mean, you are out to help your friend. She will see through these guys and find out if they are genuine or not. There will be people trying to sleep with her all her life and they will disguise themselves as friends, neighbors, sales men. eheh.. anything.. you cant shelter her. Just be there if she needs ya .
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2005 02:45 pm
shewolfnm wrote:
all of what kristie said..
except..
i love gay men for friends. LORD! they are the best.

I personally see no problem with a woman having 90% male friends. If her male friends decide not to be her friend because she wont sleep with them then that is HELPING her not hurting her .. right?
I mean, you are out to help your friend. She will see through these guys and find out if they are genuine or not. There will be people trying to sleep with her all her life and they will disguise themselves as friends, neighbors, sales men. eheh.. anything.. you cant shelter her. Just be there if she needs ya .

Gay men have a few more on the list:

They will go bra shopping with you and it's ok...they are not looking at your boobs...they really do like the style!

They will be catty with you when you want to be a complete bitch. and talk about the girl at the table across from you who's skirt is just too short for her dumpy legs and that hair....oh my god....

They can act as your boyfriend if some creepy guy is looking at you funny and you don't have to worry that maybe they are not acting....
0 Replies

almach1

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2005 03:06 pm
right now two of her two best friends are Ex's. Before she met them two it was two other ex's who stopped being her friend when they got girlfriends. She complains that she can't find long lasting friendship with anybody. The longest friendship she has is like two years. Also her two friends don't know each other, and each has their own circle of friends who are guys. I'm afraid when they get girlfriends they won't be able to be her friend and she'll be left with nobody over and over again.

PS: I actually tell her find a woman or a gay man to be your friend.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2005 05:28 pm
That does sound a little weird, like she needs to have a bit of power in a friendship or something. I think men and women can definitely be friends, no question, but the fact that these men don't stay friends with her once they find girlfriends and take her out/ pay for her -- that's weird.

As Noddy says, not necessarily anything you can/ should do about it yourself, and there seems to be a tiny element of wishing she'd get rid of the quasi-boyfriends and take on an actual boyfriend -- you. ;-) But I'd tend to agree just as a general concept that she could probably benefit from friends who she doesn't feel, for whatever reason, like she needs to use her sexuality on.

Maybe she can start with a lesbian friend? ;-)
0 Replies