Saddam, responsible for ____deaths, America for ____ deaths?

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 10:25 pm
candidone1 wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
candidone1 wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
Your post should not anger anyone ... it definitely won't anger any on the left, and it shouldn't anger any on the right. It will, but it shouldn't. You have repeatedly shown your anti-American bias in the past, so it's not a surprise for you to engage in this exercise.

Believe it or not Tico, as much as you want to stake claim to having privleged knowledge of my psyche and my opinions, I was pretty anti-Saddam Hussein when he reigned as president. I have never stated or implied that I agreed with his policies, his techniques, his rise to power, his wealth, his abuse of innocent civilians, his family etc. etc. etc.
...but I'm sure you couldn't be botherd with anything that may demonstrate commonality between the us and them that you continue to propogate.

I stand by my prior post, the thrust of which you did not deny.

I did not deny it because you spoke the truth...I do have an anti-American bias, as much as I have an anti-imperialist bias, as I have an anti-despot bias, as I have a bias against those who mislead nations...and on and on.
If you were looking for a denial Tico, it won't come, and I'm not very cat and mouse with my views...but don't assume that because I'm not with the US, that I'm with the terrorists.

I didn't expect a denial.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2005 09:10 am
candidone1 wrote:
CoastalRat wrote:
What exactly do you wish to compare? Hussein rounded people up and had them purposely killed. I have no knowledge of the US government rounding people up and having them killed, which is the only way to compare like incidences.

So the question becomes what do you consider US government caused deaths?

"Rounding up" civilians and killing them is different than firing a Patriot missile or "bunker buster" into a city and killing civilians?

Well, it certainly is if every effort was made to aim the missile at a purely military target. Stop acting as though this were complicated, because it's not. The US fights combatants and attempts to minimize bystander deaths. The insurgents murder civilians as the primary, intended target, or else simply place bombs in public places where civilian deaths are virtually guaranteed. A world of difference, and no amount of obfuscation on your part will obscure it.
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2005 11:52 am
I seem to remember that when Bushes war was first started in Iraq we dropped a bunker buster on a restraurant we thought Saddum was in and he had already left the building. All we killed were some civilians that were in the wrong place at the wrong time. If they were still alive and you used the coloteral damage argument on them i am sure they would disagree with you.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2005 12:49 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:
The insurgents murder civilians as the primary, intended target, or else simply place bombs in public places where civilian deaths are virtually guaranteed. A world of difference, and no amount of obfuscation on your part will obscure it.

I don't quite get the part about civilians being the "primary, intended target" of the insurgents in Iraq.

There have been terror attacks in Iraq, granted, but that is not the bulk of the attacks that I have heard about.

And a bomb in a public place aimed at legitimate military targets is different from a missile aimed at an (insurgent-occupied) apartment is what, exactly?
0 Replies