How to get rid of chest pain cause by the gerd condition.

Reply Sat 11 Nov, 2017 10:04 am
I have the gerd condition. I would get chest pain from it even though I am taking medication for it. Does anyone know if there is any way to get rid of the chest pain cause by that conditon. Any advice would be cool. Thanks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 614 • Replies: 4
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 11 Nov, 2017 02:59 pm
@asiangal555,
dont lie down for about 2 hrs after meals. When I was fat, this aggravated a gerds -like condition than did anything else.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sat 11 Nov, 2017 03:13 pm
@asiangal555,
Tilting my bed really helps with my condition. Make sure your head is 5 or 6 inches above your head. I use a mattress pad.

I also find eating 4 or 5 small meals (plus snacks), instead of 3 regular meals, helps. I manage to keep about the same number of calories and have even been losing weight doing this. Just keep portions small and snacks healthy.
asiangal555

Reply Fri 15 Dec, 2017 09:09 pm
@maxdancona,
Thanks. What kinds of things do you think will be good to eat since I have the gerd condition.
maxdancona

Reply Sat 16 Dec, 2017 11:25 am
@asiangal555,
Hmmm... I have experimented for myself. I didn't find the diet advice of the doctors or the internet very useful. It seems like everyone is different; you have to experiment for yourself to see what foods trigger your gerd. I ate a very basic diet for a week or so. Then I added foods I like and noticed when the "battery" taste came back. Then I knew not to eat those foods.

It seems that for me, the more natural fiber I eat (salad and oatmeal) the more I can tolerate other foods. I stay away from the obvious (spicy foods). I tried to cut back on coffee... I couldn't (what is life without coffee). I used to use a French Press until I read that this makes the coffee more acidic. I now just brew my coffee and this seems to be working for me. They also told me I couldn't drink alcohol. My experience tells me that I can enjoy an occasional Scotch without any discomfort.

I found Tums work well when there are problems (I worry a bit about overdoing it, but I figure there are worse things.)

The main message is that each of us are different and you have to figure out what works for you. Try a simple, healthy diet for a week... then add foods you like until you find out a general diet that makes you happy.

0 Replies