Poor abused terrorist..

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 07:26 am
You know what true ignorance is?..Its playing into the hands of our enemies..its supporting our enemies, and its doing so whist holding one's head up high claiming to own some kind of high ground...thats ignorance, infact its stupidity.

For all those who are trying desperately to get us to return to Sept, 10th 2001, and blindly sleep in the silent failures of strangling oursleves with our own sense of law, fair play and justice...you are the enemy's best friend, their most powerful ally...

I say, we stop worrying about the poor terrorist, and dance on their graves before they dance on ours...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,381 • Replies: 20
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 07:39 am
MysticWarrior4Truth- Welcome to A2K! Very Happy

You make an important point. Our society has come to a place where assuring the rights of perpetrators apparently cause more concern to people than the rights of their victims.

I see this not only in the matter of terrorism, but in domestic criminal cases as well. I think that we have our priorities bass ackwards!
0 Replies

MysticWarrior4Truth

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 07:55 am
Go to any BBC messgeboard and look at the terrorist supporters there...thousands of them. They compare, hope and depend on their hero example of success in this war..they hold up Vietnam like a beacon...Terrorist have no right to the geneva convention..they are not a country, they are not soldiers and they do not follow to the agreements..you won't find any al qeada signatures on it anywhere.. Very Happy
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 08:02 am
MysticWarrior4Truth
Are you suggesting that it was acceptable to torture and kill captives?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 08:06 am
That sure seems implicit in between the lines to me.
0 Replies

MysticWarrior4Truth

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 08:08 am
I am saying, not suggesting...that terrorist who are fed, clothed, and given medical aide have never been torture Very Happy
0 Replies

MysticWarrior4Truth

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 08:10 am
One might ask what is between the lines of those who seek to protect our enemies as well eh?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 08:13 am
I would venture to guess that mysticwarrior is absolutely giddy over the Alberto Gonzales nomination.
0 Replies

MysticWarrior4Truth

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 08:18 am
Hi 'gust'...what you venture to guess concerning me is not only off topic, but a simple tactic to belittle as you don't seem to own any ability to debate...I understand. Very Happy
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 08:19 am
A little belittling in the morning with a cup of coffee is a damn fine way to start the day.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 08:20 am
gustavratzenhofer

True a man after his own heart.
0 Replies

MysticWarrior4Truth

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 08:21 am
No, 'a little belittling' is a weakness, and an example of inability...but you keep your version, and your inability...and try not to spill your coffee..:O)
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 08:24 am
Speak on, oh Prince of Wisdom. I am here to listen.
0 Replies

MysticWarrior4Truth

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 08:34 am
No, people who listen, don't call names or resort to belittlements, they discuss..you can't do that, so you focas in on me as a poster, I would bet you do that to many whom you don't agree with on many topics, and as a result, you have profiled yourself as a weak, small person, who will most likely never grow beyond what you have left here in evidence of your emotional, knee jerk, child lashings...but obviouslly, its all you have....I do hope you listened this time however.. Very Happy
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 09:02 am
OP-ED COLUMNIST
Don't Torture Yourself (That's His Job)
By MAUREEN DOWD

Published: January 6, 2005

Washington

The Associated Press headline that came over the wire yesterday said it all: "Gonzales Will Follow Non-Torture Policies."

You know how bad the situation is when the president's choice for attorney general has to formally pledge not to support torture anymore.

Alberto Gonzales may have been willing to legally justify something that was abhorrent to everything America stands for, but it's all relative. Given that Mr. Gonzales is replacing the odious John Ashcroft, Democrats didn't seem inclined to try to derail the Hispanic nominee, even though his memo fostered the atmosphere that led to disgusting scandals in Abu Ghraib and Guantánamo.

Just to get things started on the right foot, though, Mr. Gonzales planned to go the extra mile and offer the quaint, obsolete Senate Democrats a more nuanced explanation of why he called the Geneva Conventions "quaint" and "obsolete."

Before he helped President Bush circumvent the accords and reserve the right to do so "in this or future conflicts," you had to tune in to an old movie with Nazi generals or Vietcong guards if you wanted to see someone sneeringly shrug off the international treaty protecting prisoners from abuse. ("You worthless running dog Chuck Norris! What do we care about your silly Geneva Conventions?")

How are you to believe Mr. Gonzales when he says he's through with torture? His mission is clearly to do whatever he thinks Mr. Bush wants.

All gall is divided into parts, so what's next?

The Commerce Department nominee promising that giveaways to big business will be done with subtlety?

The Environmental Protection Agency nominee promising that the toxin content in water will never rise to Yushchenko level?

It's comforting to start the new year in the hands of a party that cares so much about morals and values.

Tom DeLay and oily House Republicans inaugurated their new term by gutting ethics rules just in case any of them get caught in whatever misconduct they are plotting.

Rummy continued on his oblivious, dissembling path, refusing to admit that he's tapped out the Army and broken the Army Reserve with what Lt. Gen. James Helmly, the frustrated chief of the Army Reserve, calls "dysfunctional" policies. We've gotten so numb on Iraq that when eight American soldiers and over 80 Iraqi police officers get killed, when the governor of Baghdad gets assassinated, and when our puppets plead with Mr. Bush to delay the elections, it all seems like just another week of pre-election maneuvering.

In The Los Angeles Times, we learn that Bush fave Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas "has accepted tens of thousands of dollars worth of gifts since joining the high court, including $1,200 worth of tires, valuable historical items and a $5,000 personal check to help pay a relative's education expenses."

A guy we pay nearly $200,000 a year can't pop for his own tires? Whatever happened to the dignity of the robe? At least we know where our possible future chief justice stands: on the side of personal corruption.

"He also took a free trip aboard a private jet to the exclusive Bohemian Grove club in Northern California - arranged by a wealthy Texas real estate investor who helped run an advocacy group that filed briefs with the Supreme Court," the paper said.

The L.A. Times reviewed the disclosures of all nine justices for the years 1998 through 2003 and found that "Thomas accepted $42,200 in gifts, making him the top recipient. Next in that period was Justice Sandra Day O'Connor, who accepted $5,825 in gifts, mostly small crystal figurines and other items."

Clarence Thomas follows Antonin Scalia's lead on the law. Why not also on ethics? Justice Scalia defended taking his relatives on a ride on Air Force Two to Louisiana with Dick Cheney to go duck hunting, even though the v.p. had an important case before the court, by saying that it would have been a "considerable inconvenience" to fly commercial.

Going through a blistering confirmation hearing where his inappropriate behavior was questioned didn't teach Clarence Thomas much. Can we hope for anything better from Mr. Gonzales after he's waved through to be the man in charge of enforcing our laws?
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 09:03 am
MysticWarrior4Truth wrote:
No, people who listen, don't call names or resort to belittlements, they discuss..you can't do that, so you focas in on me as a poster, I would bet you do that to many whom you don't agree with on many topics, and as a result, you have profiled yourself as a weak, small person, who will most likely never grow beyond what you have left here in evidence of your emotional, knee jerk, child lashings...but obviouslly, its all you have....I do hope you listened this time however.. Very Happy

And, what did you just do, Mystic? Was that discussion or belittlement?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 09:46 am
Actually I think the mention of Gonzales was decidedly ON- topic, since we were talking about torture, and he was alledged to have written the "torture memos".
0 Replies

Magus

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 11:48 am
Jesus advised us to "turn the other cheek" and "judge not"... ("Blessed are the Peacemakers" is NOT followed by any blessing for the warriors).
Can we ignore these directives, adopt the cruel ways of the Islamic extremists, and still claim to be "Christians"?

"We have met the enemy... "
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 12:02 pm
Welcome to A2K Mystic Warrior....I would hate to be accused of belittling or not addressing your point...so let me say that I think your point...not you....is ****...we're supposed to treat even terrorist with respect and decency...that's what gives us the moral high ground in the world....either we're the vicar of Christ or we're not....you can't have it both ways good buddy....if you want to treat the terrorists the way the terrorists treat us then we're all terrorists and it's just a matter of which of us has the biggest dick....SAY!!!! we should call that the bush doctrine.....
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 12:35 pm
Bi-Polar Bear
I like your descriptive language. Laughing
0 Replies