Seattle Police Chief's Gun Stolen From His Car

RfromP

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2005 02:01 pm
cjhsa wrote:
Lost a cell phone lately, anyone? Tools of the trade.

But it's not a cell phone. It's an inanimate object that has the power to kill. He's the Police Chief. He's well aware that vehicles are broken into all the time and should not be so irresponsible as to leave his firearm where a criminal can get his hands on it.

There's a higher level of responsibility that's needed when owning a gun. Lose a cell phone, big deal. Lose a gun and someone could be killed by that gun. Big difference.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2005 02:15 pm
cjhsa wrote:
Massachusetts has lots of really stupid laws like that. Just look at who runs the place.

You're absolutely right, cjhsa. We have a Republican governor, Mitt ("I had nothing to do with the Olympics scandals in Salt Lake City") Romney. Thank God we also have a Democrat-dominated state legislature which makes it hard for the knucklehead to screw things up any more than they already are.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2005 03:23 pm
I could give a **** about Romney, you know who I'm talking about.

Let's say I'm going hunting, and I have to drive several hours to get where I'm going. In Massachusetts, I wouldn't be able to stop to take a piss, legally, leaving my gun(s) locked in the trunk of my car.

Stupid is as stupid does.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2005 03:42 pm
Say what you like leaving a gun in a car locked or unlocked is stupid. The Police chief should have known better.
Rule or no rule he should be reprimanded at the very least.
I wonder what would have happened to a police officer under the same circumstances.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2005 05:08 pm
In Texas they keep the guns in a rack inside the cab of their trucks. Say what you want, but I think what au just said makes no sense.

How would you feel if I came into the interstate pisser with my Winchester?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2005 05:17 pm
My point is, people keep guns locked in their car all the time. In most states, there is no law against it. The big problem is employers implementing "no guns on company property - including the parking lot". It infringes on the rights of hunters who plan to go hunting after work. Not everyone lives where they work.

I'd also ask, how would you feel about guns in a motorHOME.

You are all on a slippery slope and don't even realize it. Once your rights are gone, they're gone for good.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2005 08:02 am
cjhsa
In Texas they keep "hand " guns in a rack inside the car? I believe that is what was stolen, not a rifle.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2005 08:42 am
Why pick on Texas? I've seen pickups with "saddle guns" in the back window in many states, including Vermont, which is a fur piece from the Lone Star State. As au said, the subject is handguns. Even in Texas, if you got out of your vehicle to go into the bushes to take a leak, you'd likely be wearing your belt gun attached to your belt.

You're just muddying the waters by bringing mobile homes into the discussion, cjhsa.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2005 11:13 am
Deep and muddy.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2005 04:34 pm
Let's muddy the waters further. Say I need to stop for gas....
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2005 07:25 pm
cjhsa wrote:
Let's muddy the waters further. Say I need to stop for gas....

...yes? Go on...
0 Replies