What kind of friend are you?

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2017 05:46 am
Well I have this friend that got a job at the place I work. I had been there for a while but got a better position in the company and was learning my way around this new job. He had experience so he got hired right into the job. Things were going well between us. Going to lunch and hanging out after work. Then I made some mistakes at my job and some little birdie told me he wasn't saying nice things. He told a couple people he didn't even no how I worked there all these years. I was shocked. I asked him about it and he denied it. Well we continued to hang out and talk like friends and I made another mistake and I was in the next room and over herd him saying some some hurtful things so again I said I herd him and he still denied it. Well I moved on to better job and things are going well. He still texts me and says he misses working with me. What the hell is wrong with this guy. He still wants to be my friend. He talks all kinda **** and I even catch him why does he even want to be my friend? Anyone have a explanation? I recently posted on Facebook that I needed help with something and he even offered. I'm confused. Should I stay away?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 435 • Replies: 4
No top replies

jespah

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2017 07:14 am
@Frank Garret,
What was the situation when you worked together? Were you competing against each other for work, raises, a promotion, better hours, something else?

Because his behavior on the job sounds like a guy who was competing by trying to badmouth his competition.

BTW, most coworkers and supervisors see through that sort of nonsense. A working environment where everyone works together as a team is better (and cheaper to run!) than one where people are miserably competitive and cutthroat against each other.
Frank Garret

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2017 07:30 am
@jespah,
It was a flat rate environment. We had to make hours by selling on the jobs we had. So yes it was kinda cut throat at times. He might of got jelous when I had good days. But still. He claims to be my so called friend. Denied stuff he said even when I herd him with my own ears. Our kids even played together. I'm still hurt and feel betrayed. I wake up and wanna punch him in the face.
PUNKEY

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2017 08:50 am
@Frank Garret,
There's no need to have such extreme feelings!

You now have knowledge about this guy. He's two face. He revealed his character.

So.... just distance yourself from him. Don't respond to him.

Easy as that. You are wiser now.

Relax. He didn't really hurt you and has no power over you.
Frank Garret

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2017 12:59 pm
@PUNKEY,
Thankyou
0 Replies