Celebrities as bridesmaids? Upstaging big time?

Reply Sun 16 Feb, 2003 10:59 am
Recently learned from a close friend that her cousin will be having a famous actress as her bridesmaid. She's not an Oscar winner or anything, but she is quite the photogenic and of course, the telegenic chick.

So even though the bride is a petite & attractive type, dancer/personal trainer -- I'm thinking the actress/bridesmaid may very well upstage the bride.

Backstory: They've only been friends a few months (the bride and the actress), so it's not like they go back before the actress's fame and fortune.
The husband to be, is a TV producer, who introduced them, presumably so she could be the actress's personal trainer and then they became friends.

What do you think, would you consider a celebrity, especially one you just become close with, to be a positive addition to a wedding party? Negative?
Doesn't matter? Just wondering...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,035 • Replies: 2
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 16 Feb, 2003 11:26 am
at most weddings i've been at, no one's been aware of anyone but the couple. beautiful bride, ugly bride, beautiful attendants, ugly attendants - doesn't matter (as long as no one has bows on their butts - then everyone looks bad).
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Sun 16 Feb, 2003 01:06 pm
I would personally want someone that I was very close to in my wedding party, but I guess to each their own.
0 Replies