back child support question

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2017 07:06 pm
i have been paying child support for 7 years, in that time i have been layed off about 3 times missed some payments and went back to paying when i was working again. i was just layed off about 4 months back, missed some payments, went back to work 2 weeks ago and just started back with the payments. i got a letter saying i owe 16,000 in back childsupport and had 30 days to pay it. i dont understand how i can owe that much, it would be like 5 or 6 years of no payments, i have never missed that many. i know they add fees and interest but can they actually double the amount. i dont come close to making that kind of money and cant pay that. im scared and dont want to go to jail for not being able to pay so much money. what can they do? im working and making payments now.
i have never refused payments, i have only missed paymens due to being out of work.
i live in arkansas.
thank you for the help
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 842 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2017 07:38 pm
Call child suppirt office and ask how that amount was computed. The contact number should be on the letter.

Only the judge can put you in jail, not the child support office, unkess you have a warrant.
0 Replies

Related Topics

  1. Forums
  2. » back child support question
Copyright © 2022 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 07/03/2022 at 02:04:17