Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2017 01:21 pm
Oh pse pse pse pse a2k Mgmt, when I'm editin', if you never can stop the bottom from jumpin' up & down, pse pse pse pse, when I flag-f a letter or combo thereof, look for the combo b'lo' the bot' s'well as 'bov'\\Thank you thank you for even readin' this

...it's that two or three of us write postin's so long they extend b'lo bot'

Oh, if you hafta consult ur Software Team, I'd be most happy to elucidate the above; as I realize it's most far 'bov'em

Oh and you've got a new Glitch [# 8,765 (f) I believe], where I get that 'Error, Topic Not Found,' message any time I hit 'Update.' I hope you'll look n'tit

Oh and there's Glitch #44,6784,322, where I get that 'You have already posted,' when I really haven't. Pse pse pse look into thee thingds !! Thanks millions

Dale Hileman
Apple Valley

Sturgis

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2017 01:44 pm
You really need to expand your horizons.
dalehileman

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2017 03:05 pm
@Sturgis,
Stur it's a subtle way to contact the Software Community, hoping to reach someone important, who will take over the entire system and refurbish it

Of course I 'stand it seem a waste of effort to anyone not so pestered by The Glitch

...or who never makes a typo

In the past 30 years or less I have probably had to make at very least 40,000 unnecessary keystrokes, owing to Sftw Def'c's'v one kind or 'noth'
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2017 06:03 pm
@dalehileman,
dalehileman wrote:

when I flag-f a letter or combo thereof, look for the combo b'lo' the bot' s'well as 'bov'

I have no idea what this is even supposed to mean. But I suspect user error rather than any issue with A2K...

Quote:
Oh and you've got a new Glitch [# 8,765 (f) I believe], where I get that 'Error, Topic Not Found,' message any time I hit 'Update.' I hope you'll look n'tit

This sounds like you posted a topic that was deleted by the mods. You posted a topic; a little later, you hit the update button; but in the meantime your topic was deleted; so you get this error message.

We can guess why your topic would have been deleted: you posted two topics in a row that were (almost) identical, or what you wrote was entirely unintelligible.

Quote:
Oh and there's Glitch #44,6784,322, where I get that 'You have already posted,' when I really haven't.

That's just the standard message we get when we're inadvertently posting the same thing twice in a row. Which is something you do, sometimes, whether you're aware of it or not...
dalehileman

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2017 07:29 pm
@nimh,
"when I flag-f a letter or combo thereof, look for the combo b'lo' the bot' s'well as 'bov' "
Quote:
I have no idea what this is even supposed to mean. But I suspect user error rather than any issue with A2K...

When editing a posting in a2k, for instance, when I flag-f [that is, find, by then noting highlights], a letter of the alphabet, for instance, or some combination of two or more letters or numbers, I'd appreciate it if the a2k software would search the document through the text below the bottom of the editing window as well as above it

"Oh and you've got a new Glitch [# 8,765 (f) I believe], where I get that 'Error, Topic Not Found,' message any time I hit 'Update.' I hope you'll look n'tit"
Quote:
This sounds like you posted a topic that was deleted by the mods
Not quite sure Nim what you mean by 'mods'

Quote:
you posted two topics in a row that were (almost) identical
Yes I've noted this phenom. However, sometime it's the only way to update a posting

I'll be first to admit that I sometimes f up; but still things get just a whole lot harder than they should
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2017 11:48 am
@Sturgis,
Quote:
expand your horizons
Stur thank you, you're absolutely right about that; for calling it to my attention. Considering all the interest it has engendered over these past few years, my concern with The Glitch is certainly a waste of time and energy; although I suppose the same could be said for a2k if not The Entire Web

Still, doesn't that jumpin' up, down, up, down,,,up... bother anybody else atall

https://able2know.org/topic/423894-1#post-6532797
0 Replies