New Superstore

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2017 02:11 pm
Open Letter to Software 'Experts'
[…who can't recognize the typ missp nor abbr]:

Thanks to Ed's of nationally recognized and acclaimed a2k, running 'design house error' for yesterday's crucial omission in which Don was described as '....America's very-best president,' where a typical software-spel'n' glitch had replaced the expression 'leery- beast' .....

...being rerun today with my apologies. Of course 'design house error' is a euphemism for one of hundreds of thousands [if not tens of millions; I'd start counting 'em, but, gee, I'm goin' on 87] of Sfw Glitches that every day plague so many of us, especially lousy typists like me….

…my favorite example of which is their total inability to 'gnize 'isd' as a missp of 'is.' Again, fellas, it's the mots [sp] common, 'cause the 'd' is right next to the 's'. Oh, but I forgot: it's 'cause mots'vya can't touch type. Oh, and 'mots' is not only plural of 'girlfriend' but more often a missp of 'most,' meaning, 'many of.' [After only 27 years you finally 'gnized "you'e" as a missp of "you're" (except in Apple/Mac Mail), then why can't you work on the word where two letters are interchanged. (Oops, I know that's an awful long'n', but you can contact me, [email protected].) ? ]

[Oh a2k Mgmt, it's okay. Everyone, yes, says I'm dumb for throwin' in Email Add's but they're all paranoid.]

Anyhoo, speakin' of the Sfw Glit, regarding a recent newspaper report of upcoming Walmart, sure enough, when Better Half Enerval asked if it'd be close to home, I responded 'It doesn't say,' whereupon she advised, 'It's usually at the end of the story.'

Accordingly, I turned the pages, replying, '…but there's no end;' so thanks again to our local rag for its quick correctyion [sp] next day. [And, Sfw Geniuses, no I don't mean our Victorville Local Lockup, it's a missp of 'correction.' That means 'to fix up,' and I'd 'splain about the 't' and the 'y', but my a2k OP's get too long.]

[…while, guys, '[sp]'' is an abbr for 'spelling,' very commonly used by us in the Journ Busi…look it up….if you can…]

So finally today when I asked BH, t's proposed loc was Dale Evans near Thunderbird, and when she confirmed it is indeed in the 'hood, we were both gratified by it's coming so nearby !!

Dale Hileman
Apple Valley
[Southeast, dangling not far from the proposed Superstore]

[Oh and My Softie Men: 'missp' is an abbr for 'misspell' or 'misspelling,' which mean 'to type wrong.' Again, contact me, I'll 'splain. But you hafta change that typo in your Hiring Guide, where '…..IQ below 66...' s/b '…above.' ( https://www.allacronyms.com/software/abbreviated ) . But hafta quit this Letter now 'cause Sfw Gl # 56.207,142 (h) won't let me see the bottom of the page. Or was it (k) ?]

[Oh, and why, 'nationally recognized and acclaimed a2k' ? Not 'cause lately they run so many more of my OP's but... ... 'CAUSE IT'S TRUE. My BH, however, counters, 'it's only on days they're short.'
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 434 • Replies: 0
No top replies