Reply Tue 25 Jul, 2017 01:26 pm
To a2k Mgr: I see it's gone, totally, even the last'n that was (I thought) perfect in every way, even curtailed for the a2k'er who speedreads, with no apparent loss of meanin'; no abbrs, all the grammar corrected, even corrections to typos from the SfwGl (Software Glitch)

...but do, do, inform yur Software Geniuses, if they'll jist lissen, to stop making the bottom jump up and down ! It'd be such a simple correction of such a serious softweare glitch !

Well, thanks anyhow for the last 18 (12?) years funnin' here

PS: Why doncha let 'Tab' indent ???????

Edited to remark: Hey, this'n's been up nearly 5 minutes !!!!

[Edited again for apolo: After all, it hasn't been the Mgrs (Managers) deletin' my postings but still another softwarfe glitch !! Clearly I must have misspelled (see I spelled it out this time Q!) my own name in some way that your software accuses me of 'Spam' so shuts me down ! Incredible; but still thanksx again for at least listenin' to my gripes !

Oh Sfw Spllr's: That;s 'software,' in case.... ]

Dale Hileman
Apple Valley

Wow !!! 20 minutes later, Oss, it's still there!
And oh Mgrs, thanks for the software glitch that let's me edit even when my time is supposedly up
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 2,123 • Replies: 24
No top replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Tue 25 Jul, 2017 01:35 pm
@dalehileman,
I figure moderators (not managers) don't want you posting long posts to some newspaper, but that is just a guess. In any case, it's good to hear you have improved your typing.

Your profile says you showed up in 2012. I don't remember you before that, so I've no idea if you had long been here, and somehow rejoined, or if your guessing is off it's timing.
dalehileman

Reply Tue 25 Jul, 2017 01:40 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Why, thank you Osso, good to hear from you once more

Your guesswork is just about as good as mine. With my last rev I explained my latest throry which you might find interesting....

Quote:
Your profile says you showed up in 2012
Aha now I see where all the confusion is coming from !

So let's see how long this'n....

Golly, half hour, it's still there. They must have found that software glitch that deletes my postings in the case of a certain typo. Congrats, fellas, that's good news for once !
centrox

Reply Tue 25 Jul, 2017 01:43 pm
Is the so-called 'deleted' post any of these?
https://i.imgbox.com/iQRDEddF.jpg
dalehileman

Reply Tue 25 Jul, 2017 01:46 pm
@centrox,
any of these?
https://i.imgbox.com/iQRDEddF.jpg

Thanks Cen a heap, I'll surely open that link

It's interesting Cen to note another software glitch at this point: That link had disappeared in your original message, only came back when I reply

Edited (I hope) to remark, Cen, that there's still another glitch, that won't let me open that link

Edited to note, now 12 years, or is it only 5, that the bottom is still jumpin' up and doiwn !!!!!!

Note to Sft Gen's: That'sd an abbr for "jumping'; poor fellows, I know how difficult it is for you !

centrox

Reply Tue 25 Jul, 2017 01:49 pm
@dalehileman,
dalehileman wrote:
Thanks Cen a heap, I'll surely open that link

It won't do much; it's just an image. Try this one

https://able2know.org/user/dalehileman/

You don't need a link; it's where you go when you click on your own name.

centrox

Reply Tue 25 Jul, 2017 01:51 pm
@dalehileman,
dalehileman wrote:
It's interesting Cen to note another software glitch at this point: That link had disappeared in your original message, only came back when I reply

I think either (a) you are making all this up or (b) you need better eyeglasses.
dalehileman

Reply Tue 25 Jul, 2017 01:55 pm
@centrox,
Hey Cen thanks again ! that'n worked !

But can't be listing all of 'em, 'cause there are so many
centrox

Reply Tue 25 Jul, 2017 01:56 pm
@dalehileman,
dalehileman wrote:
But can't be listing all of 'em, 'cause there are so many

See if you can work out how to see more... (You're just attention trolling, aren't you?)

0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Tue 25 Jul, 2017 01:59 pm
@centrox,
Quote:
I think either (a) you are making all this up or
No, seriously Cen, it's all so crazy this Sft Gtch suff, that I've never lied in the least, not a bit, I've never once Spammed (except for one or two accusations that were themselvesd due to software glitches)

Quote:
(b) you need better eyeglasses.
Just had 'em made, new'n's, the mag at the bot the perfect compro 'tween Emailin' and readin' !!
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Tue 25 Jul, 2017 01:59 pm
@dalehileman,
You sound rather paranoid.

I concur with anyone - especially the moderators - who didn't like your long term efforts to avoid type strokes, some kind of game of your idea of cleverness, to the detriment of people being able to understand you at all, and worse than detriment if the reader was an english language learner.
ossobucotemp

Reply Tue 25 Jul, 2017 02:05 pm
@dalehileman,
Your computer is the only one doing any jumping.
And now you are back to burbleing shortcuts.
Done.
dalehileman

Reply Tue 25 Jul, 2017 02:11 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Quote:
rather paranoid
That's what my boys tell me. They're more resilient

Quote:
didn't like your long term efforts to avoid type strokes
Yea Osso I 'stand. You would have noted from the last'n that got dl'td there were few if any abbrs or typos, there was nuttin' atasll wrong w/ it. Nothin'.

Do you suppose they did it 'cause I use a " ' " where they might use a ' " '
or omit the q

Software guys, that's 'question', or 'qm' for '..mark'

Quote:
if the reader was an english language learner
There is that, and now if I expect one of the esdl to read a posting, i"m very careful indeed. But no matter how hard I try it still gets delected

...'ceptin' this'n, it's absolutely a ophenom !!!! Oh SFW Guys, that's a missp of 'phenom,' which is short for 'phenomenon,' which means 'somethin happenin'

But you still hafta correct that typo in your Hiring Guide where it sdays "IQ below 78', 'cause it shoudlread 'above'. This the 50th time,,,oops that means you did it 49 times before....

Oh, 'should read'. Cna'tcha you see how close the 'l' to the 'd'

Oops, it's 'Can'tcha' a'course
dalehileman

Reply Tue 25 Jul, 2017 02:14 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Quote:
Your computer is the only one doing any jumping.
To the contrary Osso, you hafta read som'a my earlier postings where I explain in detail how the bottom of the Edit window jumps up and down when you edit a long posting

Quote:
And now you are back to burbleing shortcuts.
Yeah Osso but you 'stand'em. Like I said, I do spell'em out when intended for the esl

Quote:
Done
Dun
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Tue 25 Jul, 2017 02:22 pm
@dalehileman,
Still the glitches keep vcomin'. When I went back to the listing, it told me my OP was written an hour ago. We have to tell all the Sft Gens's about thehanges and daylight savin' etc

Oh, Sfw Gen's'; that's 'comin,', short for (abbr), the 'v' a typo. I will explain that later, I know it's hard but stay w/me/

Osxso my apolos
dalehileman

Reply Tue 25 Jul, 2017 02:33 pm
@dalehileman,
This'n's been up now for some three hours !!! so there's some hope for a2k after all !!!, maybe they got some new 'Mgrs' or 'Progs'

https://able2know.org/topic/401592-1#post-6471447

So far I've logged an actual 4,672,091 such glitches here n' about; but only if a2k'd stop that bot from jumpin' up, down, up down, forever anon, alas

Dale Hileman
Apple Valley

'lo test....1234....
...still jumpin'
dalehileman

Reply Tue 25 Jul, 2017 02:36 pm
@dalehileman,
Still another glitch: Guys you know that 'x' appearin' 'way up at the top of the screen to the right fo tthe add/. when a2k is processin' your postin' ? Uusdally it goes away in seconds, but right now it's on steady and won't go away.....

That's 4,672,093

Software Writers of the World, hear me ! that's 'above 79,' not 'below'
dalehileman

Reply Tue 25 Jul, 2017 03:48 pm
@dalehileman,
PS:

Oh heck but I'm sorry guys but if you hit 'Enter' and it still doesn't give ya the adds you need, no. 2,676,113 requires also a 'Delete' between a number and two adjacent letters; sometimes two or three depending on font color...

…but now hafta 'splain what happened to #….4. which I had uncovered in the meantime….golly I hope the Mgr's don't del this'n 'cause it's so very important: The reason is, my asdfghjkl;789456 an

Phrase of the Week: When you hit that letter…

…. (a, b, c, etc) at the end of the add and nothing happens, it's glitch no. 1,923,308, and all you hafta do is hightlight, then hit 'Enter' one more time

..if two, hit twice….

# 6,471,458

Oh Kathy I'm havin' software diffic, this'n glitch no. 2,676,112 so if you get two copies of this my apolos

Oh and guys I'd asked you b4, how in hell do we change the color of the cursdor to contrast w/ its background? By the way that'n is # no. 2,676,115

Some time lemme explain for the benefit of the Sw Gen's's' out there why you hafta be so careful every time you change even one instructions. Incidentally in your last rev of Email you introduced 38 new glitches....but time is runnin' out....Someday I'll....

Good God Thanks Mgrs., this posting is still here. I'd sure like to hear from you guys, so we'll know next time what not to do....

but Christ Jesus fellas,.
jumpin' up, down, up, down, again and again..
just keeps

down, again; been 44 times this posting al
one
Blickers

Reply Tue 25 Jul, 2017 09:15 pm
@dalehileman,
I think you have the right to edit your post as long as its less than a certain number of minutes, (15?), from the last time you posted an edit. So theoretically a post can be edited all night long if you keep opening it up every 10 minutes to change something, then post it, then open it up 10 minutes later, then re-post, then open it up 10 minutes later again, etc.
dalehileman

Reply Tue 25 Jul, 2017 10:03 pm
@Blickers,
Thank you Blick for that analysis. I'll have to skip my eveng beer one night, rea-read it a few more times. I'm sure you're absolutely right
0 Replies