Another Year Older and I Think I'm Losing My Mind!

Linkat

Reply Mon 3 Jan, 2005 04:42 pm
I just passed another year mark, boy am I getting old. I just lost a diamond earring stud, I lost my nice watch (at least it is under $100) and my cell phone. All over a two day period. I did find my cell phone, in the driveway - lucky no one ran it over.

But on the positive note - my husband took me out shopping for my birthday and I bought a pair of those low cut jearns - size 2! After 42 years and two children, I still look hot in size two low rider jeans! (At least my husband thinks so). I may not have a mind any longer, but at least I look good.

Oops now what was the question I had? I guess I am losing my mind.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,596 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 3 Jan, 2005 04:45 pm
And I forgot to put deodorant on this morning.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 3 Jan, 2005 05:01 pm
Gettin' older is a real bitch - ya finally get it all together, and ya have no idea where ya put it - or why ya wanted it in the first place Mr. Green
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 3 Jan, 2005 07:12 pm
But when your mind really goes, you probably won't even notice it. Everyone else will, but . . . .
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 3 Jan, 2005 07:20 pm
I'm getting older, but my mind is still in good shape. In fact, I can't think of anything that I have forgotten!

And I have not been a size two, since I was 9 years old! Laughing
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2005 08:31 am
Now to add insult to injury, I went to the doctors. First they measure my height. I thought they stopped doing this at 12? Anyone the nurse notes down that I am 61 inches. I say hey wait, I always thought I was 5 foot 2, not 1 and she says well actually you were 5 foot 1 and 3 quarters, maybe you shrunk. I didn’t think I was old enough to shrink. What age do you actually begin shrinking and will I become as little as my grandmom? I now tower over my mom, aunt and grandmom, but don’t tell me I will shrink – I cannot get much shorter and still be able to drive?

Then the doctor proceeds to tell me I need a mammogram, some type of colon screening, etc. Jeepers you get a little older and they have to poke and prod you all different sorts of places that you cannot even dream of. What other things do I have to look forward to? Hot flashes, post menopause…any other pleasant surprises that are being kept secret?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 11:29 am
"Senior moments" is a face-saving idiom.
0 Replies