To the Right....

candidone1

Reply Mon 3 Jan, 2005 02:39 pm
FreeDuck wrote:
I think I can give it a go. Many people think that Bush is a regular guy and a business man and that he will make decisions the way a business man would.

Which would be to turn a personal profit (selling much product, cutting costs, lowing benefits, etc.) for the "owner" of the business, whilst ensuring the company was profitable during their reign.

FreeDuck wrote:
These people don't care that he isn't particularly accomplished academically because that isn't something they respect anyway.

Which is a major sticking point in understanding the rationale behid his support network.

FreeDuck wrote:
There is also a sense that he is honest (says what he means and means what he says). In general, people who support him see themselves in him and feel that he represents them.

So it wasn't him that lied about Iraq intel...he just passed on a message.
Am I out to lunch on that point?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 3 Jan, 2005 02:43 pm
candidone1 wrote:
FreeDuck wrote:
There is also a sense that he is honest (says what he means and means what he says). In general, people who support him see themselves in him and feel that he represents them.

No, he didn't 'lie' he just got bad advice from his handlers.

I didn't mention the tough-guy persona. That plays well.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Mon 3 Jan, 2005 02:52 pm
"..and I am willing to take the obligatory pot-shots at my country of origin, the paltry number of posts I have..."

I did not vote for Bush but I am interested in your country of Origin. Please let us know from where you came.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Mon 3 Jan, 2005 02:54 pm
candidone1 wrote:

FreeDuck wrote:

I support most of the president's policies, so I think that he is a good leader, spokesman, etc. He seems to me to be a good person. I have very little knowledge of his academic background, but I elect a person to run the country, not opine on medieval French literature.

As to your comment about Iraq, the president was entirely correct to invade based on the totality of the information and history at our disposal at that time regarding Iraqi WMD. And in similar circumstances in the future, he should invade the next country in question.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 3 Jan, 2005 02:57 pm
Other than medeival French literature, there are several fields of book learnin' that might be useful to a president. Geography and economics come to mind. Ironically, our leader studied History.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Mon 3 Jan, 2005 03:58 pm
I'm from Canada.
0 Replies