Eating at McDonald's

cavfancier

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2005 03:28 pm
ehBeth wrote:
Are you sure you're not a girl, Slappy?

The only thing that would make that visual worse would be if you told us you were also watching Friends.

Or Will and Grace.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2005 03:29 pm
Do women watch that? I thought that was for metrosexuals only.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2005 03:36 pm
my daughter watches that dumb ass show...it's annoying...
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2005 03:38 pm
I actually don't know anyone who watches Will and Grace. I am amused however at how often the actor playing Will mentions his wife at public appearances and award shows.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2005 03:42 pm
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
I'm just going to sit here and drown my sorrows by eating a pint of Ben and Jerry's and looking through pictures of my ex-girlfriends.

ooohhhh B&Js, what flavor?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2005 03:45 pm
ehBeth wrote:
Are you sure you're not a girl, Slappy?

The only thing that would make that visual worse would be if you told us you were also watching Friends.

No.

<Slappy puts in his favorite Mazzy Star cd>
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2005 03:46 pm
Cav, if I played a gay guy on tv, I'd be mentioning whatever female sex partner(s) that are in my life as much as I damn could, too.

And if there were none, I'd make em up.
0 Replies

Portal Star

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2005 03:59 pm
cavfancier wrote:
I actually don't know anyone who watches Will and Grace. I am amused however at how often the actor playing Will mentions his wife at public appearances and award shows.

Will and grace gets old after one episode. I mean, how many seasons can the punchline of "I'm Gay" or "He's so Gay!" be funny?

Hi Grace I'm will,
Oh my god will you are so gay
I know I'm making secretive allusions to hot man sex
wow, you're really gay!
Yeah, but not as gay as that guy
Hi, I'm even Gayer!

*laugh track is turned on.*
0 Replies

Portal Star

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2005 04:02 pm
ehBeth wrote:
sozobe wrote:
Wendy's is huge here (stopped at one on the way home from the zoo, idly looked at paraphernalia, realized it was THE ORIGINAL Wendy's..! International headquarters down the road a bit), that's where we usually go when we do the fast-food thing. McDonald's has better playgrounds though.

Setanta's former boss went to school with Wendy. The real Wendy. Interesting stories about hangin' out at her house after school, with dad making sandwiches for all the kids - seeing what they liked.

That's cool. I hear that she was adopted, and the recently deceased owner (Dave) was a real philanthropist.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2005 08:27 pm
for the hungry person LOL
0 Replies

husker

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 03:21 pm
Fast Food Linked to Obesity, DiabetesFast Food Linked to Obesity, Diabetes

Quote:
Attention, fast food devotees. If the start of a new year wasn't enough to make you change your eating habits, the results of new research might be. A long-term study has specifically linked consumption of fast food to obesity and type 2 diabetes.
Scientists writing in the current issue of the Lancet report that study participants who visited fast food restaurants twice a week or more gained 10 more pounds and experienced double the increase in insulin resistance compared to subjects who indulged less than once a week. "While there have been many discussions about fast food's effects on obesity, this appears to be the first scientific, comprehensive long-term study to show a strong connection between fast-food consumption, obesity, and risk for type 2 diabetes," comments study co-author Mark Pereira of the University of Minnesota.
Pereira and colleague David Ludwig of the Children's Hospital Boston followed 3,031 African-American and white young adults ages 18 to 30 at the start of the study for 15 years, monitoring their fast-food habits, weight and insulin resistance. Taking into account television viewing, physical activity, alcohol consumption, smoking and other lifestyle factors, the team determined that increases in body weight and insulin resistance from fast-food intake seemed to be largely independent of those factors. --Kate Wong
0 Replies

husker

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 03:24 pm
It's only a matter of time before someone sues a hog farmer or rancher for having a heart attack
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 03:36 pm
I would sue my mother for allowing me eat my first fast food ever and getting me hooked....or my father for deserting me as a child so he couldn't stop my mother...but they're both dead.....I'd sue their estate but I'm their estate.... this is a real problem....
0 Replies