Eating at McDonald's

ossobuco

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2005 01:27 am
Hello, jugbo, haven't seen you in a while.

Me, I have a slight oh so very slight interest in bkbigfish, or something like that. Y'know, a plastic fish sandwich. I don't know why I like it. Surely it is nothing and no part about the sandwich. Maybe I like it because it is accessible and somewhat warm.
0 Replies

jugbo

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2005 01:29 am
although ... my worse crime is the ultimate cheeseburger at Jack in the Box.

those were put on earth by the devil himself!
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2005 03:18 am
those and the White Castle eightpacks. Grease literally dripping from them. So devilishly good. It is my dark secret, I would never publicly admit i'd ever eat the stuff. Thankgod the nearest one is in New York City.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2005 06:14 am
I go to Mickey D's about once a month, and usually get their chicken salad. Now, if you want something delicious in a fast food joint, try Wendy's Oriental Chicken salad................greens, chicken, Mandarin oranges, slivered almonds and tiny crispy noodles. It's served with an oriental sauce that is great!
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2005 10:18 am
I watched "supersize me", and I got the opposite effect. It made me want and crave big macs...mmmm.....lol....but I only has a couple. I rarely eat fast food.

There is nothing like a good ol' home cooked meal!
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2005 10:34 am
I didn't watch the movie, but I know about it. That guy is a complete moron. He ate SO MUCH food, it didn't matter if he was eating McDonald's or veggie burgers, that many calories will make you fat. I don't think he made much of a point, other than the general public isn't too bright for buying into it.

Anyway, I'll go to McDonalds once in a while. I'm not too concerned, considering I get 1 or 2 grilled chicken sandwiches w/no mayo and diet coke.

Ok, I usually get fries too, but a medium fry is only around 20 grams of fat.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2005 02:32 pm
I guess I'll be buying some Starbucks beans next week. They're donating $2 per pound of Sumantra beans purchased during the month of January.

http://www.starbucks.com/aboutus/pressdesc.asp?id=467
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2005 03:16 pm
I wish my fiance would gain weight from McDonald's. The boy eats there daily when I'm not around, and even then, he'll try to slide his car into the drivethru. Wink
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2005 03:21 pm
Why do you wish he'll gain weight...too skinny?
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2005 03:27 pm
McD's once a month........for the kids.

Me.......I'll pass, and my stomach thanks me for doing so.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2005 03:39 pm
Less than once a month or so. I have little kids so every once in a while we splurge. Another thing like Slappy mentioned, not only did he eat every meal at McDonald’s but he super sized each one. I cannot imagine that most people super size their meals. When I do eat there I eat whatever I am in the mood for. As I am in good shape and rarely eat fast food, having crap once in a great while will not kill me.

As far as how the Ronald McDonald’s houses are financed – typically they receive about 20% of their contributions from McDonald’s Restaurants including local ones and the reminder comes from other sources, individual donations, businesses and other organizations.
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2005 03:44 pm
oh, you have kids? cool. (just didn't know)

I wouldn't say he's "too skinny," but I care about his health, and he'd only care if he "visually" saw himself getting bigger. He already has a heart murmur and 30+ years of artery clogging junk in him ...I just want to be around long enough for me to get tired of him or something. I don't have a problem with him eating junk food ...it's how often he does it. He's probably drank a gallon of water TOTAL the entire year he's been in Iraq. I wish this was an exaggeration, but he gets what he needs to survive by the soda, etc. Laughing
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2005 03:47 pm
Ooooh, you've got your work cut out for you.

My husband and I indulge in Mickey D's once every few months. Checkers is our closest burger and we do that maybe once every two weeks.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2005 09:00 pm
I'm really confused, and don't post this sarcastically - joae, your fiance is in iraq and he eats mcDonald's daily?

surely we live in

strange times.
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 06:41 am
hahahaha *big smile*

No, when he is home ....he does. He'd go AWOL right now if some Iraqi told him they could drive him to a McDonald's there.

I bet the first place we go to together when he gets back was Mickey D's. I can see it now... We're driving to his parent's house for the "Welcome Home Celebration" when he says "you know what I haven't had in a long time......... <pulls into McD>" He'll deserves it then though. Cool
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 09:12 am
I don’t know if you have ever heard this Montana, but the fish filet is actually supposed to have more fat than most of the other sandwiches. The reason for this is the sauce on the filet, so if you are like Slappy and order it without the sauce, it is about the worst thing for you on the menu. So even though fish sounds healthy, it is the sauce that kills you.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 10:04 am
But the sauce makes the sandwich. Without it, you've got a nice thick piece of breaded cardboard.

Everything in moderation.

I'll never forget a story someone told me years ago. She was having a fit because her daughter did not like to cook and was feeding her grandson fast food practically every day and the child was severely constipated because of it. Grandma was convinced that it was the fast food, all of the grease and the lack of veggies that had the boy so clogged up.

Every once and awhile is okay but if fast food is every single day, that's borderline abuse in my book. That's like tossing a couple of candy bars to your kid every night and calling it dinner. It's one thing if you're struggling and that's the best you can do but if you can afford fast food daily then fast food is not the best that you can do.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 10:34 am
Only when travelling and in a pinch, especially since we have an two In&Out Burgers in town now. Smile
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 10:44 am
McDonald's, errrrrrrr, no. But I get the plain side salad or baked potato from Wendy's and have it with a half-size tin of lemon-pepper tuna for lunch every now and then. I like their chili too. Better than a lot of the fast food offerings round here.

I'm definitely not into those fish sandwiches - huge fat calories in their sauces. Worse than burgers and fries. Same thing with most of the fast food chicken sandwiches. Gotta watch the dressed up salads at the fast food joints as well - those dressings are not particularly appealing when you look at the ingredients (and some are quite high in calories). Better to get the salad and bring your own dressing (if you need dressing).
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 10:47 am
What is this 'McDonald's' of which you speak? Do they serve haggis?
0 Replies