Eating at McDonald's

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 10:55 am
Grilled chicken sandwiches at Wendy's are f'n good. Bread isn't bad, and the lettuce is actually green. They're just as good as ones at chain restaurants, just smaller. The chili there is low in fat too...I get it sans cheese when I order it.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 11:02 am
The "sauce" everyone is so afraid of is called mayonaise. Geesh.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 11:05 am
In and Out Burger! That’s the best! I always get one when I visit California. They are the freshest with lots of good tomatoes and lettuce not like the freezed dried crap they top the burgers with at other fast foods.

EhBeth the grilled chicken sandwiches are not bad if you ask for it without the sauce or even with the sauce on the side, then you can limit the amount of fat. You can do the same with the salad dressings. As long as you get it on the side you can use less and still have the good taste.

Actually cjhsa – the fish sandwich I thought was a “special sauce”. It is mayonnaise based though and mayo is loaded with fat.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 11:07 am
cavfancier wrote:
What is this 'McDonald's' of which you speak? Do they serve haggis?

Oh, aye. And there's the option of a pint and a nip on the adult menu.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 11:09 am
I like mayo. Tartar sauce is just mayo with some sugar and pickles in it. Just don't load up on it. Some folks here are really afraid of fats. If mayo is made with canola oil, it isn't really that bad for you.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 11:13 am
I don't mind real mayo. In fact, I like good home-made mayo. But those weird fast food sauces are just, errr, weird.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 11:14 am
Iagree with cj (did I just say that!?!) in that a lot of people go way too far out of their way to avoid fat. Ya need some fat in your diet, just be careful what kind of fat you take in.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 11:15 am
ance, those weird fast food sauces prolly have a ton of hydrogenated fat in them - bad stuff.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 11:28 am
Littlek, we prolly have more in common that either one of us think. Then again, maybe not. Smile
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 11:29 am
Ha!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 11:38 am
Littlek, I used to live at 37 Egremont Road. Know where that is?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 12:47 pm
I guess not.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 01:17 pm
I make my own mayo, no sugar, just egg yolk, lemon juice, seasoning, and a mix of canola and olive oil. It's damn easy, and a little goes a long way. There are so many variations too, rouille, chipotle, tartar (I prefer capers to pickles), and even 1000 Islands dressing. Smile Guess what happens when you don't eat enough fat? You spend half the day trying to pinch out a hard, angry turd.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 01:19 pm
No ****.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 01:20 pm
Exactly.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 06:02 pm
Egremont road? Nope, where is it?
0 Replies

Portal Star

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 06:24 pm
I go to Wendy's a lot, the food quality is much better. Their burgers, fries, and frosty's are great, and their chili is a pretty good healthy on the go food. Also, I crave sonic's creative soda flavors like "Cherry Limade" and "Ocean Water." And jack in the box's chicken fajita pita. All of the above = yum.

If you're going to eat food that's unhealthy make it something good, not the crap they sell at mcdonalds. aside from the new chicken mcnuggets, that stuff is barely edible.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 07:05 pm
In Brighton.

If I go to Jack in the Box the only thing I'll order is the ultimate double cheeseburger. About 1000 calories of purely delicious grease.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 07:12 pm
cj - When you go bad, you go all the way! I am not all that familiar with Brighton.
0 Replies

Portal Star

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 07:31 pm
I love In and Out Burger and Steak and Shake, but they don't have them here Sad.

Oh, Long John silvers is definately the worst. Deep fried stuff that you dip in tartar sauce (mayonaise.) The staff members are usually in excess of 300 lbs.
0 Replies