Tsunami Relief Benefit Show

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 10:23 am
I've put one together here at home for Jan 13th...you're all invited to Raleigh to party....all proceeds and I mean 100% to go to victim relief....4 or 5 bands...big fun....good cause...some of you could make it if you start walking now.....
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,298 • Replies: 36
No top replies

smorgs

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 10:35 am
I'm there! What bus goes to Centre of Self? :wink:
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 10:38 am
Good for you Bear. (((BIG BEAR HUG)))
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 04:55 pm
Maybe I'll send my sister-in-law. She's in NC.

It's jazz, right?
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 04:58 pm
Bear, I can't make it, but I would love to donate money. I trust you more than the Red Cross.

Happy New Year to the Bears and all.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 07:11 pm
So do I.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 07:12 pm
So do I.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 07:32 pm
So do I...so do I..heh heh.

DrewDad,
Jazz? Naw. The Bears are too young for Jazz. They're heavy metal.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 07:57 pm
I say let them learn to fish, wont do a damn bit of good to give food, they will just eat it (and drink the water too) They need to learn to pull themselves up by their own boot-straps and move to higher ground. That's my tax money and I don't want it spent on some damn forigners who probably don't even speak english and most likely worship pagan gods. As jesus said at the last supper "separate checks, please"
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 08:09 pm
damn, dys. Can't we have one serious moment here? Hee! Hee!

As Gus said, On a serious note:

That note happens to be Bflat.

About the Red Cross. When my husband and I were in the shelter during Frances, he had to receive a shot of Valium. Later I received a bill in the amount of $412.00. No one would explain to me from whom came that bill. I later traced it to the Red Cross, who was in charge of all the shelters. Can you believe that The Red Cross has a billing agent? Evil or Very Mad

Clara Barton is rotating as we speak.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 08:21 pm
Letty because of your story and other stories with the RedCross - I've lost faith in that organization. It is in need of major reform as with many institutions and organizations.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 08:30 pm
Husker, You're soooooo right. That's why I would rather send the money to Bi, and I mean that.

Goodnight, my friends.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 08:35 pm
Good night, Miss Letty.

See you next year <big smile>
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 11:15 pm
Beaaar, Letty and I have been dropping hints. To hell with subtle, where do we get tickets?

Oh. New Years Eve. Probably booked solid, huh?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2005 10:36 am
The benefit is January 13...like I say if you start walking now you can make it :wink:
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2005 01:42 pm
Today , I guess it's okay to say so, I received checks from both Letty and Roger for my tsunami relief fund...generous and giving... I'm extremely touched by the idea that people who only know me via the internet would donate to this cause directly to me. Thank you and I promise not to spend it on hookers and dope. :wink:

A local tattoo shop donated a 100.00 tattoo and we're raffling that off at 5.00 a ticket and for 10.00 a ticket you can buy a chance to sit me in a chair on stage at midnight and shave my head. Why not? It'll grow back.
Of course, minimum 20 tickets or no deal. I don't really want to do it, but I'm willing to.

We have local media coverage for this event, and in addition to my band, Tommy Redd of Nantucket is playing with his band, and Jason Patterson who played for Cry Of Love and currently plays Nantucket reunion gigs is playing with his band, whose bass player was Cirkus' original bassist and who I played with in a Yes tribute band back in the day. We also have a really good girl guitar band playing...and then a big all-star jam after.

It ain't New York City, but I think we'll end up raising some money for this very good cause.

Big thanks to Letty and Roger.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2005 01:55 pm
Good for you bear. Just don't send it to whatever country that was that said "Send help. We're dying here. No jews please".

My brother in law and his wife get down your way quite often. If you post more details maybe they can make the show.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2005 01:58 pm
cjhsa wrote:
Good for you bear. Just don't send it to whatever country that was that said "Send help. We're dying here. No jews please".

My brother in law and his wife get down your way quite often. If you post more details maybe they can make the show.

It's next Thursday the 13th in Clayton, a kind of Raleigh suburb, at a restaurant called Fishmans in the Clayton Crossings Shopping Center. Starts at 8:30; 8.00 cover. Send em on...the food is wonderful.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2005 01:59 pm
I'll pass along the info. They recently bought a stilt house on the outer banks - they're tsunami vulnerable themselves. Smile
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2005 02:03 pm
cjhsa wrote:

btw way who the hell said no jews please?
0 Replies