Are the .1% are shooting themselves in the foot by hording?

Reply Tue 17 Oct, 2017 12:42 pm
Are the .1% are shooting themselves in the foot by hording?

Presently, the rich preside over a demographic pyramid that is top shaped and de-stabled.

Ironically, because the rich have put themselves so far from the base, they themselves have become the most unstable part of the pyramid. This is not good for the rich.

Trickle down, an economic concept which is what we all live in, if increased would remedy the stability problem.

With the world below being de-stabilized by the rich, due to their distance from the bottom, and the rich knowing the benefits of stability, would be well advised to lower its demographic position and bring profits to the whole demography.

To the rich, with profits to all being possible, I would ask, what are you waiting for?

Regards
DL
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 649 • Replies: 12
No top replies

centrox

Reply Tue 17 Oct, 2017 01:02 pm
What do you mean by "hording", which is not a word I recognise?

Sturgis

Reply Tue 17 Oct, 2017 01:46 pm
@centrox,
Quote:

Probably meant to say "hoarding", left out the a. Either that or has redefined horde.
centrox

Reply Tue 17 Oct, 2017 01:53 pm
This is puzzling me too: "a demographic pyramid that is top shaped".
Sturgis

Reply Tue 17 Oct, 2017 01:57 pm
@centrox,
When I saw the "horde" definition, I pushed it aside. It made little to no sense in the context the o.p. presented.
0 Replies

Senter

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2017 07:24 pm
@Greatest I am,
Yes, they are shooting themselves in the foot. Karl Marx said the capitalist will try to sell at a profit the very rope by which he will hang. We are seeing it in modern terms.

The US corporations have some $3 trillion stashed overseas. If their money were distributed equally to all US citizens, every person in the US would receive about $50,000. So a family of 4 would have $200,000 to use for college, food, and all other expenses.

Their greed is damaging us.
Greatest I am

Reply Mon 13 Nov, 2017 12:15 pm
@centrox,
centrox wrote:

This is puzzling me too: "a demographic pyramid that is top shaped".

I guess that you are not used to looking at demographic pyramids.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=demographic+pyramid&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj5sb3Xk7zXAhWEw4MKHTAZAMQQ_AUICigB&biw=1002&bih=481#imgrc=M1WRh9BmdZwGKM:&spf=1510596824628

Ours looks like this with the top of the top reaching waaaaay up. Where the rich are. That is what helps create the instability of the system.

It should look more like this to be stable.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=demographic+pyramid&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiMtr68lLzXAhXK24MKHcIlCrMQ_AUICigB&biw=1002&bih=481#imgrc=e44HqKMN4SY_DM:&spf=1510597034791

You might have noted that the framers of your constitution and those who created your currency and country though that shape was better as that is what they put on your currency.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Mon 13 Nov, 2017 12:20 pm
@centrox,
centrox wrote:

I used my French accent when writing it.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Mon 13 Nov, 2017 12:22 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

Quote:

Probably meant to say "hoarding", left out the a. Either that or has redefined horde.

It was a spelling error thank in part to my being French but most intelligent people get that and ignore when they speak to the issues at hand.

A prochaine mon ami.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Mon 13 Nov, 2017 12:29 pm
@Senter,
Senter wrote:

Yes, they are shooting themselves in the foot. Karl Marx said the capitalist will try to sell at a profit the very rope by which he will hang. We are seeing it in modern terms.

The US corporations have some $3 trillion stashed overseas. If their money were distributed equally to all US citizens, every person in the US would receive about $50,000. So a family of 4 would have $200,000 to use for college, food, and all other expenses.

I agree and that same greed has made them too stupid to see that they would do even better if they had what they are hoarding into circulation and allow it to stabilize the whole demography.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Tue 14 Nov, 2017 12:07 pm
@Senter,
Quote:

A capitalist or a overly greedy capitalist?

Quote:

You seem to think you have some right to the profits made by others with no actual work of your own being done to earn it. Does breathing and having a pulse give you a right to the earnings of others?

Quote:

No it isn't, the only greed being shown is that of the leftists of the world. You all seem to think the work of others doesn't belong to them, you think it belongs to everyone. It's a Marxist scam to steal something you didn't earn and give it to others who didn't earn it.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 14 Nov, 2017 12:39 pm
@Senter,
Quote:

What is Karl Marx saying now?
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2017 07:16 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

Quote:
No it isn't, the only greed being shown is that of the leftists of the world. You all seem to think the work of others doesn't belong to them, you think it belongs to everyone. It's a Marxist scam to steal something you didn't earn and give it to others who didn't earn it.

Do you see this link talking of the rich who are not earning what they claim?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzQYA9Qjsi0

Follow the trend and you have us all owned by just a few.

Regards
DL
0 Replies