The complete suckiness of being a girl.

littlek

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 06:03 pm
Eeyep, Dewey Chetum and Howe's offices are right up the street. They used to have a harvard square cam set up there for online viewing. I wonder if they still do.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 06:23 pm
Thanks, Setanta. It also seems to me that 60 Minutes did a similar thing a few years back. Had to do with appliance repair, I believe. Same appliance problem, a man and a woman. The women were charged more on average than the men.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 06:56 pm
See!

See!

It sucks to be a girl.

And we haven't even gotten into the freaky sex things that women get hit with like being cornered in the basement of your apartment building by the electricity guy and being rescued by your wonderful psychic dog.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 07:02 pm
Swimpy, i don't mean to be critical of you, or anything like that, but . . . in your avatar, isn't Our Lord and Savior guilty of icing?
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 07:30 pm
Setanta wrote:
Here's the official NPR bio of Click and Clack, the Tappet Brothers.

Thanks, Setanta. Am heading there now. I think that we get their show aired here on Saturdays. I called 'em once to ask about buying a car, but it turned out none of those callers are spontaneous. They take your number and call you back.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 07:30 pm
Lol - I don't care what anyone says - it's fantastic to be a girl! But that don't make the **** any less shitty.

Well, Beth, "sorta, kinda, maybe making sense" is probably about as much sense as a body can rightly expect in this world....
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 07:35 pm
ehBeth wrote:
Dewey Cheathem and Howe

we have a bar here named that! LOL
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 10:16 pm
I thought He was high sticking.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 10:47 pm
You could be right, i might have missed the details of the picture, i thought he was across the blue line.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 11:35 pm
I love Car Talk too, and I'm pretty sure their stuff is archived some way, hoping...

I've told this story before on a2k and probably better, since time has passed and memory fogs, and it was my business partner it happened to, though I know most of the participants.

Back in the early nineties, she had a crew doing major landscape jobs in Bel Air, Brentwood, Beverly Hills, and so on. (I met her as the designer of a few of those jobs.) She is entirely unfearful re fieldwork, construction, at least re the process, and knows when to hire experts re this and that, as do I.

So one day, lets say on a place on Mulholland Drive, a guy comes up in a truck to deliver something, I forget what, to the site, and she turns to see the invoice and he veers away, with some words I now forget about looking for the boss, and made a fast beeline towards her foreman, who was busy. She folded her arms and waited. The foreman, continued to be busy, since he was, and after about (let's say, for the story) ten minutes, he finished what he was doing and attended to the delivery guy.

Then Daniel pointed to Sue....

(smile)
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2005 08:51 am
Set, I have no idea. I know nothing about hockey, but I thought the pic was hilarious.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2005 09:44 am
Women get charged a little more....can go out and get laid anytime you want. That trade-off is more than fair.

By the way, ladies, blinker is on the left side of the steering column.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2005 10:36 am
Swimpy wrote:
Set, I have no idea. I know nothing about hockey, but I thought the pic was hilarious.

Its a corker, Boss, i love it . . .

I don't know jack about hockey either, but i can throw around some of the terms, as if i did . . .
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2005 05:25 pm
Ah, Slappy. You're going to make some lucky girl a wonderful husband.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2005 05:59 pm
Swimpy wrote:
Ah, Slappy. You're going to make some lucky girl a wonderful husband.

Oh - what will Slappy make him FROM?

Like - wool? Clay?

You have me intrigued!!!!
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2005 06:05 pm
I'm intrigued too. Where the hell am I going to find any ladies a husband???

And what is this "husband" word you speak of? I don't think it's in my vocabulary.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2005 06:16 pm
Here you go Slappy.

Once nearly an English teacher, always nearly an English teacher:

husband [hus·band || 'hʌzbənd]

v. save, economize; provide with a husband (Archaic); cultivate, tend (Archaic)

n. male spouse, married man
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2005 06:18 pm
hmmm, I thought english teachers always just yelled "Look it up!"
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2005 06:32 pm
I thought therapists always said:

"What do you think it means?"
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo